Sooke Reports - 2007

Terrable out there today there was 7 charter boats and only one had a small feeder the whales came through sec. at about 6:30 am had one on and that was it with ther combinatoin of these damn winds and a big ebb not good at all!!!!

Wolf

Wolf...was it really that bad? I was considering heading out tomorrow but with the winds up and after reading your report I might go golfing instead. You wouldn't be holding out on us would ya?? ;)

Well i am not going for sure!!!!!worst i have seen all year but go and make me wrong please would love to see a positive for here I havent seen it this bad here for a while hopefully with the floods starting this week it will improve with those westeries and the big ebb man the waves were big!!!!

Qolf

Today was freakin dead. Fished everywhrere between beechy and secretary, and caught a one pink. saw one guy fighting a seal and saw one other caught. thats pretty crappy considering how many boats were out. lets hope next week is better.

Not to bad for us. Got 2. High teenagers,all in the boat by 6am and lost 2 smaller ones.All at the trap.But have to agree it was slow,didn't see one fish caught.Seems that it is early ,early morning and thsn it's all over.From 6 till noon not a sniff.Saw a couple of pinks at the cleaning table.The guy said they were out at the third tide line.

Wheres the pic of yours their justin?????the 36lber????

Wolf

Despite the reports of poor fishing we fished Possession & Secretary yesterday and landed 3 springs before 10am. [:p] Two were about 18lbs and the third was 28lbs. Threw back a few coho. It looks like the pinks are in as lots of guys were doing well on the tidelines (with a few coho thrown in the mix). Weather behaved nicely yesterday too ~ overall I was surprised to have such a great trip.[^]

Lot's of small fish yesterday (sat) for us. Kept a small spring 6lbs, a pink and a couple of hatchery coho.
Fished in the morning at Secretary, released prolly 12 small springs then moved out to the tidelines and let the kid play coho's non stop for a couple of hours.
It was the most fun i've seen him have out fishin.

Picked up a chicken halibut today at 27. Had to fight off a million dogfish in the process. When do the doggies say goodbye for the summer?

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

hey hurston,

any size to those coho yet or still pretty small?
Small 5 Pounds. Lots of fun for the kids to catch:)

We saw a guy with a 38 and a 17 at the docks in sooke today.He said he caught them off of otter point.:D

anybody been out in the evening lately?

i'm looking to take off work early and drown a few chovies... '

maybe a pm location suggestion?

I was thinking along the same lines as Likwit. Any areas where the night bite has been decent of late? Will fish out of Pedder or Cheanah, as required. I notice that we'll be flooding in Sooke all day today until 10:30 p.m. Hmmmm, I'm liking that part.

went out last night... fished the tidelines for a few hours, hit some pinks and a coho...

went to the head after for an hour after and lucked out with a 15lber right after the sun went down. nice way to end a beauty day!

Yesterday we fished from 5 am to 8am at Secretary 17 and 19 pounds.
Pic is of Scott and his Daughter Olivia.
Thanks to John from Jocks dock for the can of gas, if you think your sending unit is reading out wrong it probably is:(.

loki.jpg

I'll be in Nootka till september 4th wishing all thoose in Sooke a great season.

Good job m.c. couple nice ones for the bar-be,,, but I think the one in the middle mite be a little dry :) :)

Started out at Church, Nada bad call. Lost a nice one off the Head later in the morning, Boated a mid teenie. Must have seen 50 whale guy's blow by.

Wholy !#%in hot out man 38 C in Shawnigan Lake! Time for a little Shawnigan afternoon Wakefest Boarding action behind the MB, followed up by the BBQ on the dock.:D:D:D Doing the afternoon bite tommorow.

Back