Sockeye gone

There are lots of Socos at the north arm now, tons of jumpers last night. The fishing was very good yesterday by the bell bouy. Got a nice hatch Coho as well that was close to ten pounds. The fishing was good this morning till the wind kicked up. It was a little too rough for me after about 7:30 AM I packed it in out there.

There was a good bite last night from the bell to mile markers, consistent from 4- 7pm. Lots of socks around right in the harbour!!! Gonna hit it again tomorrow.

Had my six year old Son and his buddy out with the wife and I today. Didn't even have to leave the harbour. Fished off the Cape Violet all day. Triples and doubles for the first hour and half. After that one every 5 to 10 minutes. Finished up with a limit of 16. Kids had a blast!:D

Socs are good everywhere, still tons pouring thru hardy over the weekend, really unbelievable, even the nimpkish has an estimataed run of 100,000 most in years.

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

Had my six year old Son and his buddy out with the wife and I today. Didn't even have to leave the harbour. Fished off the Cape Violet all day. Triples and doubles for the first hour and half. After that one every 5 to 10 minutes. Finished up with a limit of 16. Kids had a blast!:D

That great, my fishing partner was not well that morning and the wind warning was up. I know it turned out o.k. Also we have a lot in the freezer and my wife wants a couple of fresh chums for candy. Don't forget the Cap is coming up.

Was out yesterday in both the morning and afternoon and got close to limits both sessions with 4 people on the boat. Heading to south arm both times but would like to stay closer to Van if they are biting. I dropped my gear near the mile markers/buoy for 20 mins on my way out of Vancouver harbour but didn't get a sniff. Saw the boat beside me get a couple and then I packed up my gear and headed south where we had consistent action for 4 hrs with over 25 hits. Not sure why i'm not getting action near mile markers/buoy using the same method that has me limiting out rather quickly on sox near middle/south arm. Any thoughts?

I'm using 2 dummies on either side and then 2 rods on each side. pink/red squirts and red/green flash. 60-80 ft at cannonball most of the time. thx

I was running one dummy on each side. You had two on each side for a total of four? That would be easy enough if you placed them all on the bottom?

Which side of T-10 is best? I did okay in front of the airport once I found the biters. Never seen so many jumpers. [8D]

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Without seeing how you're running your gear, you may wish to adjust your technique a bit and you'll catch up North as well. Charter boats are not going south because we're easily limiting our guests at the Bell Buoy/North Arm. One buddy I know landed 16 Sox in 1 hour there 2 nights ago.

How will this rain effect the fishing ? Will they take off up river or quit biting?

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

How will this rain effect the fishing ? Will they take off up river or quit biting?

I heard it was slow yesterday.:( Commercial opening this week as well.

I figured the seiners would be out. It should pick up in a day or 2 with all those fish coming down the inside. Area 12 (Port McNeil) hit another 46,000 3 days ago... NUTS.....

Even with the high tides and rain I don't think the fish are heading straight up. They seem to ponder around the mouth getting use to the fresh water.

I might head out tomorrow after lunch and will be Friday morning. I'll post tomorrow night looking for reports.

Cheers, Rob

We have been getting spoiled lately with the sockeye. I've been to busy catching, cleaning, filleting, deboning and freezing to make a report. Yesterday was not like that. The water was really rough and I only managed 1 sockeye and 1 spring. :(
The water did calm down in the afternoon but I was more interested in trying to get a video of all the jumpers rather than try to catch them.
It's pretty funny watching a boat with 4 guys on it where 1 is running the boat, 2 are fishing and 1 is on the bow with a net trying to catch jumpers.
I'll probably go out after lunch today and cruise by Ambleside to see if that grey whale is still out there.

I am planning to head out tomorrow for a trip with some guys from work. We are hoping to get a few at least. We are coming from Port Moody area, is there good fishing off point grey, or should we head south?
Any other reports since the rain on tuesday would be appreciated.

Thanks
Eastpoint

I heard from a friend it was slow today. Don't know if anyone else was out? This was in the T-10/North Arm area. Anyone down south getting action? Out tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by Degree of Freedom

might head over from Nanaimo Friday am...still worth the trip? Sandheads?
Thanks!
Was thinking about a trip down from Gibsons Friday aswell, but after looking at the wind warnings and forecasts, I'll be planning to be heading back by noon at the latest...

I heard from a friend it was slow today. Don't know if anyone else was out? This was in the T-10/North Arm area. Anyone down south getting action? Out tomorrow.

First thing was red hot. If you were "organized", you limited. :D
Thereafter it died and it turned into a fish each half hour or 20 minutes. A Pod of Killer Whales came by the T10, which didn't matter, we were into a double. Off the water by 12 and now at home relaxin' with a beer! :D

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

First thing was red hot. If you were "organized", you limited. :D
Thereafter it died and it turned into a fish each half hour or 20 minutes. A Pod of Killer Whales came by the T10, which didn't matter, we were into a double. Off the water by 12 and now at home relaxin' with a beer! :D

I was thinking of launching at the north arm but do you think the south would be closer to the fish? I have been fishing off the south arm.
Cheers, Rob

I'll be heading out in the morning also. I'm trying to decide if I should go south arm or north arm. I have been fishing off the south arm doing quite well. With the inside run showing do they go up the north arm or both? I will be in a Blue 19.5' Spectrum with an inboard.
Cheers, Rob

Back