Sockeye gone

Marsman, I'm going to be at McDonald Beach at 7;30 tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm in a 18.5' double eagle, white with a green top I/O power. I'm going to look for the charter guys when I get to end of the north arm and see where they might be at.

Dave

quote:Originally posted by daddystoy

Marsman, I'm going to be at McDonald Beach at 7;30 tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm in a 18.5' double eagle, white with a green top I/O power. I'm going to look for the charter guys when I get to end of the north arm and see where they might be at.

Dave

Ok, See you there. I'll send a text to a contact from one of the guides to see where the action is in the morning.
Cheers

Haven't been out for Fraser sox in a few days. Last time I was out the south arm was slow for the first time in the past 3 weeks when I've been out. We ended up hitting our fish at the North Arm instead. Any recent updates from today/yesterday would be great as I'm heading out from False Creek tomorrow am. Cheers

Was out yesterday afternoon at the north arm.Pretty slow so we headed to t10 and it really turned on, there were fish on the sounder and jumping everywhere. I think we sowed up just after the killer whales left.We were one short of our limit and we were getting them at 60-80 ft. On a side note if you saw or see a dead seal around McDonald launch let me know. Just as we were about to go into the launch something popped up in front of the boat, it was light brown and about the size of a seals head. It happened fast and we nailed it hard. I cant be sure it was one or not, but when we got in I searched my hull for damage in case it was a deadhead and there was nothing.
Cheers

My buddy had to work so I made the trip from Gibsons myself this morning. Fished T10 for 45 mins with a dozen boats but only saw one taken so headed towards Sand Heads. Stopped about a mile and a half North of the fleet over a bunch of jumpers. Two double headers and it was all over in about 20 minutes. Seems like a good spot (around 49.07858, -123.18679) - lots of fish and hardly any traffic. Picked up limit for 2 here last week pretty quickly.

Got our limit of 8 trolling from the T10 to the north arm between 10 and 2. Action wasn't really hot, but when you add the 4 "long releases" it wasn't too bad. Caught most of them at 110'. These sockeye are really beat up ... scarred and more lice than I've ever seen, not just around the anal fin but also up at the dorsal. Good size though, and one with a good beak already.

wind warning for tomorrow and I was all set to go [}:)]

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Winds look awful all weekend ... that's why we played hooky today. The last few weekends we've been going out in less than ideal conditions; much easier to net when the water is flat!

Just got back full limits for 5 people at the South Arm 80 ft seemed to work best for us. Lots of fish good shape well worth the trip.

thanks for the recent updates guys. Winds do look crappy all weekend. I'm heading out this morning from Vancouver now but may have to turn back in as it's saying 25-30 knots NW today. Will go have a look myself and report back.

8am on Saturday and I'm back home after trying to get out at False Creek. Was taking them over the bow before I got out past the "no wake" zone. Most boats were either turning in or not heading out at all. Did not look nice. [xx(]

Hopefully it dies down for at least part of this long weekend.

quote:Originally posted by quicksilver11

Just got back full limits for 5 people at the South Arm 80 ft seemed to work best for us. Lots of fish good shape well worth the trip.

Afternoon fishing was good. A buddy and I were out early and didn't hook our first till 12:30pm. We started at the North Arm and worked south. We picked up the other 7 just south of the T-10. Long day on the water for us. [8D]

Cheers, Rob

Anybody running bait in the area for springs?

just wondering how the dogs are showing right now?

Heard that a couple of guy's are hitting them on squirts, so might just run some of the more traditionals to see if I can hit some springs.

thanks,

Getbent

Getbent,

I tried rolling a chovie and sending a hoochie down deep a few days ago after nearing our limit for sox. Sent them down to 140/160 ft and ended up hitting 2 more sox on the chovie and 1 sox on the hootchie! Got 1 dogfish on the chovy as well. Pretty surprised that sockeye were biting bait but we also caught one up in Campbell River last weekend on bait so who the hell knows. It was the first time I've targeted springs in a couple weeks but would like to hear if anyone is hitting any out there

Heading out tomorrow to T10 marker are the fish still out there? ANY REPORTS WOULD BE AWESOME..
[8D]

Out by the lighthouse in the AM , quick limits tons of fish out there! The wind on the other hand is NASTY!! Be careful out there in smaller vessels!

42 lb. spring..excellent...congrats. Different target for the next time out.:)

The socks we were picking up yesterday definitely had some fur developing compared to a couple of weeks ago. Today is the last commercial opening, we're done with the socks...I suppose there is more fresh ones incoming but you may have to pick through them.

Unbelievable how many are out there off Sandheads. Our sonar was having trouble ignoring the mass and in 300 ft. of water giving us readings of 40-50-70 ft. or whatever depth the mass was at.

Current and tides pushed one of our wires into the kicker prop while we weren't paying attention. Lost a ball and that sides Kone Zone. It's amazing how after getting a new clip and ball on how that side was pretty much ignored without dummy flashers of some kind. 90% of the hits were on the other side after that.

Gonna have to make some up with CD's..save some money. Who do I send the royalties to?

quote:Originally posted by Northof49

42 lb. spring..excellent...congrats. Different target for the next time out.:)

The socks we were picking up yesterday definitely had some fur developing compared to a couple of weeks ago. Today is the last commercial opening, we're done with the socks...I suppose there is more fresh ones incoming but you may have to pick through them.

Unbelievable how many are out there off Sandheads. Our sonar was having trouble ignoring the mass and in 300 ft. of water giving us readings of 40-50-70 ft. or whatever depth the mass was at.

Current and tides pushed one of our wires into the kicker prop while we weren't paying attention. Lost a ball and that sides Kone Zone. It's amazing how after getting a new clip and ball on how that side was pretty much ignored without dummy flashers of some kind. 90% of the hits were on the other side after that.

Gonna have to make some up with CD's..save some money. Who do I send the royalties to?

Ha Ha , that would be Dogbreath.Feel free to incorporate spin and glo's. That contraption I made way outfished the Kone Zone. I swapped sides and rods as well.lol

Back