Sockeye gone

Salmon Slayer, nice work on the big spring! Where'd you nab it? North Arm? We hit one small Spring deep at 150ft a couple days ago and will probably be starting to target them now that my freezer is full. Would like to hear if anyone else is having luck with any big springs these days.

Still more comming , gillneters getting 700 day at robson bight,was fishing halibut at pine on weekend, sockeye flippin everyehere, still more to come

Hi, I'm hoping to get out today before the seiner do tomorrow. Here is the opening.

Cheers, Rob

Area 29 (Strait of Georgia)
Seines open daily from 07:00 hours until 19:00 hours, Thursday September 9 to Friday September 10 in those portions of Subareas 29-3, 29-4, and 29-6 in waters no shallower than the 45 metre (approximately 25 fathom) isobath line as shown on Chart 3463, published by the Canadian Hydrographic Service. Minimum bunt size 70 mm. Power skiffs are permitted to be used.

quote:Originally posted by tincan

Salmon Slayer, nice work on the big spring! Where'd you nab it? North Arm? We hit one small Spring deep at 150ft a couple days ago and will probably be starting to target them now that my freezer is full. Would like to hear if anyone else is having luck with any big springs these days.

We were fishing out by the T10 towards sandheads in 450 to 500 feet of water.

Was out yesterday afternoon, 20knt winds and about 6+ fters. Picked up a 22lb white spring on pink hootch.If I head out again I will be mixing up the gear, makes you think though when a spring hits sock. gear.hmmmmmmm

Any recent sockeye reports. Heading out thursday am for maybe last kick at the cat. Where and how deep?
Thanks in advance

eastpoint

Fished the harsh wind this morning from Sandheads to T-10.
Tubbed out again but they are getting fussier. Tons of fish around, the river is side to side with them, fished around here for 50 years now, never seen any thing like this Sox run.
Our luck came at 50 to 70 feet, use lots of attractors, it helps a ton.
I do hope the Commercial guys get another wack at em, the river is alive with Sox

Go get em guys.
HT

Just got everything cleaned up. A couple buddies and I got out at 2pm or so. We covered a fair bit of water looking for biters north of the south arm. There were a ton of fish jumping and finning. We went 4 for 6 and packed it in at 7pm. Had to work hard for them and no consistent hook ups. Talked to some guys that came in and said they hit 17. They were way out straight off the mouth. If it is slow find the trollers and join them. They know where the biters are most of the time. We should of headed further out but were having fun where we were. I'll be back out Friday morning. Ran bait deeper on one side for a while but no hits.
Cheers, Rob

Also the seiners are out tomorrow, further out in area 2,3 and 6. (I think) There is a lot of fish all over. Maybe the bite will be better in a couple of days.
R

High tide, how deep where you seeing the fish on you sounder, We were out last night and most of the schools we were seeing where at about 100'. We fished 110' up to 80' to stay in the zone but we only box two ,lost about 4or5 . We should have come a bit more I guess.

quote:Originally posted by Tempest 23

High tide, how deep where you seeing the fish on you sounder, We were out last night and most of the schools we were seeing where at about 100'. We fished 110' up to 80' to stay in the zone but we only box two ,lost about 4or5 . We should have come a bit more I guess.

Last night we marked huge schools from 40' to 130'. We hit fish at 70' and 55'. Tried fishing all different depths from 40 to 120'.

quote:Originally posted by spring time

a couple of years ago we had a double header on sockeye gear at the lightship twin 23 lbers it was sweet

Using the Sockeye gear in 2008 ? I haven't checked my facts so don't quote me on it but I don't recall sockeye being open at all in 2008. The Fraser pink run is in odd years so seems odd you were targeting Sockeye ( or Pink) in 2008. Perhaps it wasn't 2008.

Hi all,

New to the board here, what do you guys recommend for the dummy flasher set-up's? I just rigged up a set of 3 dummy flashers in a row about 1/2 foot apart per downrigger using a release clip (same as the one used to attached to downrigger line not the release clip itself). My plan is to set it up about 2 feet up from the cannonball then my line 2-3 feet above that and a bit further back to avoid any tangles with my lines. Running Green/Pink/Purple flashers on my lines with pink/green oil slick squirts on 21-26" leaders.

This is my first real kick at it and a very late start for the season as I had some issues with my boat. I'm heading out tomorrow early afternoon depending on the wind to T-10 and work towards sandheads. Any advice would be great on suggested set-ups!

Cheers

What i found was if you put more than one flasher in a line the only one that realy does anything is the last one. The other one or two dont spin,kind of like when you have a fish on.The pulling from both ends stops the rotation.

Fished this morning from the bell buoy to the north arm and caught my 4. Had lots of strikes and lost a couple at the boat. Lots of fish around at every depth. Things were good from first light to about 1030 then things dried up. Fish are starting to turn colour but still giving excellent fights.

I was out yesterday, had to wait for fuel dock to open so was after 10 by the time we got out. Heard on the radio the morning bight was good. Fished around bell-buoy. Not as many fish around as 1 week ago. Got two sox at 128', that was it. Next trip, if there is a next trip, will be at first lite.

Eastpoint

Back