SFBC Braggarts Fishing Derby

I dont know what the gulf islands would be like in mid to late april but then mainlanders could boat across and its pretty central.

this!!!!!!!!!

This is a great idea Spring works good for me, bit of a bugger trailering a boat to the south end of the island, but worth the cause. I would vote Nootka for location. What about a side derby for the SFBC while at the poettnook logger derby, lots of us are there already? Or would it take away from that.

So I chatted with my buddy last night and he can definitely get the club for the night. So was thinking Saturday April 20th for this event. We would fish Saturday morning (Sooke) up untill 1pm... or longer if the majority want to fish longer. Then a party and winner recognition that night at the club and then everyone has Sunday to get home. What I need to know if how many people would seriously consider doing this? If the numbers are decent then I think it will be worthwhile and a good time.

Great work Rollie...keep it up. Maybe a poll or a thread for just who's in for the event...

Look forward to the '4:20 Fish Off' haha

(3pm or 4pm weigh in would be my vote)

Perf, I will be just getting back from the desert! It will be good to get rid of the tan witha little wind and rain :p I'm in!! 3 or 4PM weigh in seems a little more my speed too. Thanks RR. Good idea. Thinking we could throw in a small prize too.... I have to talk to you about a project so we will talk this week.

I'm in.

Will plan for this event! Also talk to Jerry about a door prize or something from Mills Landing perhaps!

Maebey I'll get invited onto the Big Guys new ride!! LOL.

Would be great to see it move each year, would keep it fresh and fun and challenging.

Thanks Rollie for the idea/taking charge. Which hotel would a guy stay in - is there one attached to that bar for ease... hahaha!!! Bags tossin' Nogs hat again!!

Jeff

I'm in my bud has a boat in Vic I can use anytime and April is good.I can also donate door prices in the form of cannon balls.

Thanks RR. Good idea. Thinking we could throw in a small prize too....

Lots of derby's have prizes. I think an embarrassing trophy could be awarded to the winner...And the stipulation is it must be boated proudly until the following derby. Rather than a prize, just donate the value to a enhancement cause.

I think this has the making to be one of the more enjoyable events we as members would look forward to...one more thing I can't wait for in the coming season!

How about this one I could donate the balls but make the winner pay for them then donate his money lol a long with an ugly trophy.I easy lol

I vote the trophy to be a Ginat Bannana! The winner would then have to have it on his boat for 1 year. It would contibute to the science behind banannas on boats vs success!

Lots of derby's have prizes. I think an embarrassing trophy could be awarded to the winner...And the stipulation is it must be boated proudly until the following derby. Rather than a prize, just donate the value to a enhancement cause.

I think this has the making to be one of the more enjoyable events we as members would look forward to...one more thing I can't wait for in the coming season!

X2 for Bannana!

I can see it now..........

r161494_592157.jpg

haha I like it!!

I would buy into this early derby/cause, dont think im too interested into carting around a bananna trophy in the event of a big fish too much tho! lol. Also would vote to move the event around to keep it interesting, and have participants that perhaps could not otherwise travel to, be able to attend other locations.

LOL...lots of good ideas. A big ole stainless bow rail mounted banana!!! Right up front and proud where the winner is going to be asked many times for a year WTF is that for? LOL I'll out up another thread to see how many that aren't following this one will come as well. So the idea is that the wives/girlfriends join you here. They can shop or whatever while the fishing is happening, Then we all get together at the club later. The fishing will be in Sooke and I would suggest most will arrive Friday night and stay in Sooke so they are close to the marina for early morning. The club we can get for the party is located in downtown Victoria. Does this work for most? Staying in Victoria on the Saturday night so you don't have to drive? I also like the idea of anyone with musical talent getting up and joining the band. It was a lot of fun the last time they did that.

If Juan de Fuca is a likely choice, count on Pedder Bay supporting the derby. I don't want to step on anyones toes if they have a "favorite" marina they want to use, but if you need a location we'd be happy to host the event. We can figure out whatever we need to do to help make it worthwhile for members from up island or off island ( as mentioned we do have a fleet of rental boats and an RV resort that is open in April) and we have a little bit of experience hosting derbies.

Anyway, the offer is there and we'll support the derby with a prize or whatever else we can do regardless of where the event is held. Finally, for what its worth, Rollie is bang on with regards to the really high mark rate and some nice fish in April.

Sounds like fun. Let us know what can do to to help.

CP

Last edited by a moderator:
Back