SFBC Braggarts Fishing Derby

Ok, so sometime in the spring sounds good to me. My choices for the first event would be Sooke/Victoria or Bamfield. Are there enough places open now in Bamfield to host something like this in the spring?

Sooke sounds good. Sometime in April maybe.

So the scrap's start at the Christmas party that FA is throwing and Duffer is going to take out a few guys. Sounds like he will be BAKED so it should be pretty quick between rounds. This is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

Hey Sculp I like the way you cut off my thread when you edited my quote how did you do that? At the end of a few guys it should say "Fishing" This fat old ******* is too old to fight Im like Crabby Id need oxygen and a difribulator and a Sumo Outfit.

Sooke would obviously be my first choice but will let others weigh in. Could make this a fund raiser for the new coalition to help pay for our lobbyist in Ottawa.

I like Sooke as it is not far off the beaten path for a one day derby or something. Guys like me lol from the mainland can make it out as its only 45m from Victoria Terminal. Not far for the nanaimo, victoria and other South Islanders. Its all highway from the CV area...

The Halibut Seminar was put together so well...I think your hand in a fun derby like this would be great. Plus, you put the idea on the table soooo ;)

The only thing I would have changed is maybe let the Fight Club thread loose some steam before throwing this event into the ring, or under the fight club bus. lol

uh boys, just a reminder the slot limit I believe has been coming in place beginning of March....clipped fish derby isn't exactly a blast now

What about a winter chinook derby out of sooke in late January? Pedder Bay has a fleet of rental boats for those of us who don't want to pay to trailer boats over from the mainland for a one day event.

uh boys, just a reminder the slot limit I believe has been coming in place beginning of March....clipped fish derby isn't exactly a blast now

To be honest I fished all spring last year and in sooke we were into atleast 40% clipped springs. And alot of High teens and low twenties in April/May.

I would be all over a "Sooke Spring Spring Derby".

-KK

April would give us more time to plan and make it a fun event. A good buddy plays in a couple of bands in town...maybe find a room for the night before, bring the women and make it a fun pre-derby evening. I know he can get Herman's Jazz Bar for free (in Victoria) ....the club gets the bar. (they offer it to him for free because he always fills the place) He did his retirement party there last year, one of his bands played casually and had an open stage....if you knew how to play or could sing you were invited to join them. It was a gas and we saw a lot of great undiscovered talent.

Love the idea of a Forum derby to fund raise to help pay for lawyers or hatcheries or something like that, 100 bills no problem maybe we should start a poll for location or time?? Sort of like what FD did for the hali thing. Then go with that plan. Tortuga and I were just chatting and Comox Valley theres enough guys around here that would prob open there doors for accomodations. Kitty Coleman is a perfect venue for a Pig Roast or Ribfest whatever I could make that happen. Anyhow maybe that could be next year. Im all up for fishing my old stompin grounds down South also. Havent seen the Chips for awhile, is Stan still alive?? Never forget Cheanah Marina during the JDF Derby lol. Crazy Times!! Bamfield would be nice too, but they seem to get alot of Derbies, Alder Bay? Gold River? Big Q September? Nit Nat? Renfrew?? Lets Do it?

If you want to throw money at a good cause book one of our tours :)

BTW Rollie was absent at the last SFBC S.Island 6 Mile Xmas fiesta?

With all the free drinks going around he could have loaded up his derby hat in short order.....

If you want to throw money at a good cause book one of our tours :)

[cough, cough]....Spammer....
emo-coffee.gif

:D

Let's do south Island for this one.

Profisher knows the time to do so I'm up for whatever he suggests. I was at a SFBC thing down there a few years ago and it was fun. The worst part of this is having to plan it!!

$100 a head all money to whichever cause we decide and a big ol' belt for the winner!!!!

I was thinking about the winners trophy/belt/whatever. Thought that maybe some kind of stainless boat mountable trophy would be best. Something that will actually be seen by others and will be asked about...to help promote what the event is all about. I'm going to talk to my musician buddy this weekend and see what he thinks we could do. The Jazz bar for the night before would be great...it makes it so easy as they have all the staff and everything is already there. His band just has to bring their gear and its party on. How many here play an instrument and would bring it to the event or can sing?

I dont know what the gulf islands would be like in mid to late april but then mainlanders could boat across and its pretty central.

April is a decent month in Sidney. I've had some killer days in April with springs from 10 to 25 pounds. The nice thing about Sidney is that the waters are protected so the chances of having to cancel from weather is almost zero. It is pretty much a tide change and on the bottom fishery. So it can be slow fishing between tide changes.

Back