SFBC Braggarts Fishing Derby

Pm sent to you

You coming to the 6 Mile Wed night to get into the side bets? Good luck in the derby, hopefully your son rides away on a brand new bike!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After spending the last 16 years fishing the JDF Derby with my brother, I get to fish this one with my youngest son and my brother. Thanks for providing this opportunity! Did I mention that the very first spring my son caught (when he was 9 years old) weighed in at 43 pounds? Hopefully he can repeat during the derby :)!

After spending the last 16 years fishing the JDF Derby with my brother, I get to fish this one with my youngest son and my brother. Thanks for providing this opportunity! Did I mention that the very first spring my son caught (when he was 9 years old) weighed in at 43 pounds? Hopefully he can repeat during the derby :)!

Epic! He will not forget that until he dies! and neither with you.

Good luck in te derby.

We are set up in the 6 Mile Pub tonight from 5 until 9 in room behind the far end of the bar.

Ok guys the trophy for the largest salmon was going to be kept a surprise until the award ceremony. But I think some excitement about winning this one off and professionally made custom trophy is required here. The "You Da Man" trophy is made with a Scotty rod holder adapter included so it can easily be displayed on your boat while you fish. YOU will be the only person in the world to have one. You truly will be the man!!! This and another just as custom halibut winners trophy are being supported by both Perma Contruction in Victoria and also the creators at Envision 3D Studios. We will keep the halibut trophy a secret until it is awarded.

BTW this represents the winner getting a little over excited about his big fish and winning the derby!! LOL

That's going to the largest salmon wild or hatch? How big is it? Looks great deffinetly a conversation piece I like it.

Largest salmon. Obviously you will have to fish Sheringham or west to have a good shot at being able to mount this on your boat. Unless someone gets a large American marked fish. It is about 14-15 inches total height.

This will also be the centre piece for the derby T-shirts!!! Everyone can be "Da Man" with their T-shirt.

Janet had a button malfunction, he has a fly malfunction! lol

That is awesome! Even better than I imagined! Will go and mount a Scotty mounting base on my boat roof this afternoon! That baby is going my way this year! I am da man!

Will be posting up the complete prize list this weekend. I will share a few now just so you guys get a feel for how many nice products are up for grabs. 2- Brodie Mountain Bikes, 2 - high speed Scotty Downriggers, Scotty prawn trap puller, Asus 55 notebook, complete anchor system for up to 26 foot boat, Bradley 6 tray digital smoker, Talora halibut rod & Tyronos 16 reel, Trophy Rod & Trophy Reel, Islander MR3, Shimano GT4000, HMX and Wise Buys new custom mooching reel, Night stay in 2 bedroom suite at Sooke Harbour Resort & dinner for 4 at the Sooke Harbour House and much more that will be posted on the weekend.

Please also include how the prizes can be won.

IE largest salmon/Hali
Hidden salmon and or Hali weight
Random draw for any fish entered etc.

I think you mentioned lots of ways to win but i dont know what they all are.

Are you giving the riggers as a pair or two prizes of 1 rigger? Just curious I think I'm in for this one sounds like a good time and ill probably have to miss the bite me derby again so I should get to fish this one in its place.

I will list the different categories we will have. Most of these prizes will be awarded by draw to anyone who just enters a fish. So unlike most derbies where you go to the awards ceromony defeated and just there to watch the winners get their prizes...everyone who enters a catch has qualified and have an equal chance at all the prizes up for grabs.
Guys the fact that all thea prizes are NOT going to the bigger fish is why the sponsors have jumped in ard are being very generous. They like the idea that it is a fun event and not about killing the trophy exclusively to win something nice.
I'm looking at it this way. As an example the recent Sidnet derby tickets I believe were $110 each. A portion of that went to the top cash prizes, some went to derby costs and some was left over to give away. This derby we are charging as low as $40 and all of that is being oven away and sponsors are providing the prizes for the draws. For those who want the competition of catching the largest salmon or halibut we have offered the side bet ticket of which 100% goes to the winners. Those tickets are $50 each. So if you want to have both, the price is as low as $90 per person. Seems like a deal! If you guys want a large cash prize for the largest salmon and halibut, then buy the side bet tickets on June 14th at Wise Buys from 5-7pm. Your last chance. I have 400 tickets for the wild salmon side bet or $20,0000 and the halibut side bet could be worth $12,500.

Rollie there is some confusion out there as to where the proceeds from this derby are going to. Can you please restate how this is going to work out for this derby again. Thanks.

I will list the different categories we will have. Most of these prizes will be awarded by draw to anyone who just enters a fish. So unlike most derbies where you go to the awards ceromony defeated and just there to watch the winners get their prizes...everyone who enters a catch has qualified and have an equal chance at all the prizes up for grabs.
Guys the fact that all thea prizes are NOT going to the bigger fish is why the sponsors have jumped in ard are being very generous. They like the idea that it is a fun event and not about killing the trophy exclusively to win something nice.
I'm looking at it this way. As an example the recent Sidnet derby tickets I believe were $110 each. A portion of that went to the top cash prizes, some went to derby costs and some was left over to give away. This derby we are charging as low as $40 and all of that is being oven away and sponsors are providing the prizes for the draws. For those who want the competition of catching the largest salmon or halibut we have offered the side bet ticket of which 100% goes to the winners. Those tickets are $50 each. So if you want to have both, the price is as low as $90 per person. Seems like a deal! If you guys want a large cash prize for the largest salmon and halibut, then buy the side bet tickets on June 14th at Wise Buys from 5-7pm. Your last chance. I have 400 tickets for the wild salmon side bet or $20,0000 and the halibut side bet could be worth $12,500.

Will the entry tickets and "side-bet" tickets be available at pedder on the day of the derby? Some of us are planning on coming but don't live on SVI.

Back