RANT! Generally annoying behaviour...

Whats medically worse for a dog to eat, its own poop or bacon grease? The bacon grease is worse. I would say that thinking this was cruel is attaching human emotions and thoughts to a dog. You may think its cruel but the dog eagerly gobbles it up! This is why I say it is ideal to tell the owner about the "new reality of the situation" and then the owner of the dog can monitor the situation closely and they usually do.
Its hardly worth discussing really but maybe a creative sign mentioning the bacon grease situation would be effective.
All I can think of is that dog running home and licking its owner's face right afterward. The poetic justice is palpable.

Totally,
Dog crap in the neighbourhood is baddd.. Especially when you have a 7 yr old that loves to run in parks and play...like all 7 yr olds. Hard to see the glass half full when washing crap off a kid. "Oh well, i guess it was time to wash you anyways, this is great!"....

Hate the dog crap, even worse the idiots that put it in plastic bags and then leave them at the side of the trails or tie them in trees! Nothing like preserving it for posterity!

Even worse though are cat people who figure its OK to let their cats wander the neighbourhood, crapping in peoples yard and slaughtering the small native wildlife! When you mention it to them they tell you that "they're just being cats"! Wonder how they would feel if you put your dog in their yard for a dump!

... Even worse though are cat people who figure its OK to let their cats wander the neighbourhood, crapping in peoples yard and slaughtering the small native wildlife!

Last year one of the neighbors cats decided my newly planted garlic garden was his new litterbox. :mad:
Then, he got even Nastier - digging the garlic bulbs up and tossing them about on the surface when he $hit in the new hole he just created!
Decided I had Had Enough of this BS, and told the neighbor to keep their damn cat out of my yard or suffer the consequences. Used that same phrase on me "he's just being a cat"... :rolleyes:

Grabbed one of my rat traps, baited it with a chunk of salmon candy, and tied it off to one of the garlic bed rails with 100 lb hali mono.
Next day, the trap was gone, it's tether snapped 1/2 way to the rail. Must have Stung! :D

Although it now left the garlic alone, it then decided to Play War, and started crapping in the bed of my truck. Set another trap, which I assume he saw because it stopped.

Same cat had the brass to constantly tease & harass The BoogyMan. Pretty Serious Mistake IMHO.
One day I came home to cat shreddies all over the back yard.
Felt kind of bad about it, but WTH, Boogs was "just being a dog"... ;)

Boogs_Portrait.sized.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

This thread is ridiculous. I recently went to my friends 17 yr old daughters funeral. She was murdered by a violent sexual deviant that was recently let out of prison. Then her father, the same friend of mine died a month later after being in a coma for 19 months after getting hit head on by a drunk driver. Now my uncle has passed on after a year long battle with cancer. He just retired and had moved from the rat race out to the country to enjoy his retirement yrs. His funeral is this coming Saturday. So that's three close friends and family being laid to rest in the last two months. Sorry ,if I cant give a crap about dog poop and cat **** in peoples yard. There, that's my rant.

Lighten Up Dennis, we ALL have our Crosses...

In a 2 month span this fall I lost:
My Sister (just 50) the only Family Member living in BC (here in Port);
A Good Buddy from the Troll Fleet (only 15 to 20 years of Understanding);
The fellow I guided & hunted with for many many years in Alberta (at age 35)
And Morg who I guided the chuck alongside and hunted with (age 35).

And now have 2 Buddies with life threatening health issues...

So while I can see where you're coming from (Bigger Issues) I would suggest relaxing just a tad and letting The Ladz have their rants...
It will be easier on your internal demeanor. Really. ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Last edited by a moderator:
...sorry to read that Nog;hope the New Year brings you health & happiness...:)

Feliz Navidad!

Lighten Up Dennis, we ALL have our crosses...

So while I can see where you're coming from (Bigger Issues) I would suggest relaxing just a tad and letting The Ladz have their rants...

Cheers,
Nog

X2...Yes there has been a few recently including one of our very own SFBC members (and a good friend) to the "C" word this past Sunday....

Nog, whee Steve wants to get up there and meet ya... Dust off the toon and lets do a float in the near future :cool:

Nothing unusual about a dog eating it's own poop......most of the smaller species of dogs do it routinely.......

I didn't see a thread catering solely to rants and pet peeves so I thought I would kick it off. Consider this a place to vent your frustrations and maybe save yourself a few broken miscellaneous items due to breakage resulting from the dumb things people do that **** you off.

I'll start by saying I live in a high density neighbourhood (Kits) in Vancouver. Parking is at a premium there. I am so frustrated by the people who think the correct way to parallel park is to space their car directly in between the to two cars that are in front / back of them. So many times I see a half a car length between cars...where if people parked properly (pull up to car in front or back to car behind) there would be room for 2-3 more cars on a given block.

I lived in the Bay Area for years and it was not uncommon for parking morons like this to find their cars keyed....thats one way to get the message accross I guess. Not advocating this...but some people are so f'n daft its mind boggling.

Stupid thing is a lot of people don't even have a clue they are doing it. When I turn left at a light I try and let one or two others make it but that's not how they are taught. Anyone can get a licence and they are just happy they parked and hopefully didn't scrape another car doing it. My rant is about the GST increase vote in the Lower Mainland. Translink wants another steady flowing cash cow to work with. They are a bloated wastefull bunch. The talking head for the skytrain cops, the chief and a lot of the regulars are collecting full pensions and going for a double dip. Today we hear about the Superintendant of schools in North Vancouver doing the same thing and the Trustees there don't seem to see anything wrong with it. What am I missing? No wonder a lot of young people can't get work in their field.

Lighten Up Dennis, we ALL have our Crosses...

In a 2 month span this fall I lost:
My Sister (just 50) the only Family Member living in BC (here in Port);
A Good Buddy from the Troll Fleet (only 15 to 20 years of Understanding);
The fellow I guided & hunted with for many many years in Alberta (at age 35)
And Morg who I guided the chuck alongside and hunted with (age 35).

And now have 2 Buddies with life threatening health issues...

Cheers,
Nog

Holy ****. You must have a heavy heart right now. Stay strong.

My rant is about the GST (not GST but a sales tax increase) increase vote in the Lower Mainland. Translink wants another steady flowing cash cow to work with. They are a bloated wastefull bunch. The talking head for the skytrain cops, the chief and a lot of the regulars are collecting full pensions and going for a double dip.

Agreed....it didn't take long for the elected mayors to put that out there. I am SO not surprised that a weasely, shady twat like Gregor didn't mention this during his campaign. :rolleyes: Translink's mismanagement of funds is brutal.

Same cat had the brass to constantly tease & harass The BoogyMan. Pretty Serious Mistake IMHO.
One day I came home to cat shreddies all over the back yard.
Felt kind of bad about it, but WTH, Boogs was "just being a dog"... ;)

Boogs_Portrait.sized.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Years ago one of my friends had a dog and the neighbors’ (renters) cat came over onto their and the dogs rural property and ended up in a fight with the dog and the cat ended up complete FUBAR. If it lived it was never going to be the same and be badly crippled. They advised the neighbors who blew a gasket and took the cat to the Vet hospital where they spent thousands and then the law suits began. Lots of negotiations and letters between my friend’s insurance company and the cats owner's lawyer, a lawyer provided by the insurance company and an ongoing court process had started when the insurance company folded and paid the cat owners out. They wanted huge amounts of money even though the courts have ruled that pets are property, not family members, - emotional loss etc. This all went on for years and its a good thing they had insurance. I suspect my friends were thinking after it was all over that it may have been best, (even for the cat), if that cat had ah just disappeared – ‘nope have not seen it’.

Matt, our yard is Luna's property. No one ****'s in her yard unless she let's them. That include's cat's, squirrel's, rat's, bird's, raccoon's doesn't matter Luna is on them like white on rice. They all know that and don't come in unless she says so.

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 296
Matt, our yard is Luna's property. No one ****'s in her yard unless she let's them. That include's cat's, squirrel's, rat's, bird's, raccoon's doesn't matter Luna is on them like white on rice. They all know that and don't come in unless she says so.

Awesome! Methinks she gets some of those traits from the BoogyMan alright! Thanks for the pix! She certainly is Looking GOOD! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

My pet peeve is when I'm hali fishing and there are miles and miles of open space to anchour and "buddy" decides I've got the hot spot and decides to drop the hook within talking distace of me and then gets pissed at me because I have 700' of rope out in 300' of water and I swing too much on the current flip!

One thing that frosts my butt is in gridlock traffic, generally around road construction where drivers are being forced to merge from two lanes into one, there's always some donkey who blows by everyone from way in the back of the pack in the lane that needs to merge then tries to force their way in. You know who you are. And I'm the guy that won't let you merge in. ;)

Wait your turn like everyone else you selfish......

One thing that frosts my butt is in gridlock traffic, generally around road construction where drivers are being forced to merge from two lanes into one, there's always some donkey who blows by everyone from way in the back of the pack in the lane that needs to merge then tries to force their way in. You know who you are. And I'm the guy that won't let you merge in. ;)

Wait your turn like everyone else you selfish......

I think it is only BC where people start to merge as soon as they see the sign. Every other place I have lived you merge at the merge point, where the two lanes become one. At this point you take turns. Works like a hot damn. Nobody pissed off. It also doesn't leave a kilometre of open lane backing traffic up even further.

Back