Project 'Bad Habits' Build

Now cyclops can see
with her glasses............lol:cool:

Gonna come visit next week & be in awww fr the last time I saw her!!

Sounds good Len. We are moving at the end of the month so make sure you come check it out before then! If you can't, I'll let you know the slip number ;)

Cheers!

I pulled the boat out of the shop (seems like the first time in almost a year). With a beauty day, I figured no better to snap a quick picture.

I can see the end is near looking at these pictures.

IMAG0268_zps1e891a33.jpg

IMAG0271_zps8b42f479.jpg

IMAG0270_zps52fe53e9.jpg

This sunday I will be doing a major electrical install with CZ and TS. Lots of accessories will be mounted and it will really look like a seaworthy boat on Monday.

Thanks for following along...

FB

Are you using the old wiper motors or getting new ones -----I was thinking of changing mine and looking at prices OUCH $$$$$$$$ did not know they where made of gold

Nope the old ones were long gone and the last owner had a manual wiper. I went to the River Marine bankruptcy sale at able auctions and to my surprise (since I was just looking at the online the day before) They had one Marinco AFI 1000 waterproof wiper motor. I was able to snatch it up for 50% off, so it cost $100 even...not to bad. Its a nice motor, seems pretty heavy duty and Marinco makes a decent product so hopefully it does the trick. Got a ton done on the boat today...just uploading the new pics of progres...

With progress like this....it very well could be a reality! Couldn't have made near the dent if it wasn't for Trendsetter and ComfortZone throwing down an 8 hour shift on Habits....here's what went down...

Did some more fab and mounting on the roof. Installed the 3G radar, the 8' Digital Antenna, and the 360 LED mast-light.

IMAG0281_zps10c61cd8.jpg

IMAG0279_zps9ab9df48.jpg

Next was getting the scotty plugs and Duffer riggers mounted. We located the rear plugs on the transom, and the forward plug under the side, out of the way of traffic.

IMAG0277_zpsdb6a66dc.jpg

IMAG0284_zps72ec47b1.jpg

Along with that was the install of the washdown pump and aerator pump for the bait tank. The hose was located on the port side, where it will store neatly on the gunnel (pictured with downrigger plug above)

IMAG0275_zps27203f57.jpg

IMAG0276_zpsaabe605e.jpg

Mounted the VHF on the ceiling, and installed the 3 downriggers.

IMAG0278_zpsab2f37f1.jpg

IMAG0282_zpsb590e6c9.jpg

The kicker motor and rotary steering was mounted as well, sans linkage arm and shift/throttle cables, they were corroded and will need replacement.

IMAG0286_zps9648ed65.jpg

Here's a cool shot of the forward profile....she's looking pretty fishy!

IMAG0273_zpsd8e61d6b.jpg

There were a few other odds and ends taken care of today. It's getting very close.
Parts still in transit are the Uflex Hydraulic Steering, the motor, and the two side windows...should be around by next week.
Thanks for following along and again big thanks to the the guys who pitched in. They know all the things I don't and it is a big big help.

Cheers!

Freakin awesome support going on with this build. Kudos to everyone involved:cool:.

She looks great man!!! You are gettin er done......big time.

When is the motor gettin' mounted?

Motor should be in transit Tue to the border when I will pick er up. Should have it in Canada by Thursday the latest.

That things looking sweet I bet you can wait to have a beer in her on the water!!

Wasn't so much a boat show price, the dealer had this motor CHEAP for sometime, and the boat show was just a lucky coincidence to sign the paperwork. Dealer had it listed for $16k even. This included the Evinrude promotion of 5 years warranty and a complete rigging package including stainless prop (3k value). I called locally, hoping to keep my business North, but the price was $8k more, at $24k. Regardless, a Canadian company still got my money, as it is a BRP/Bombardier product.

definitly a nice chunk of stuff done on sunday...it was cool to watch it take shape as everything was bolted/welded on...some of the big decisions were made...some more questions popped up LOL, but thats all part of a build...no dout she will be a killer!!

Ya I have been knocking out some of the small sh*t today when there is time. How come the small projects seem to take the longest!? lol...

BUT its all coming together :)

ya thats the way it works, especially hoping from one little thing to another...gets overwhelming...keep your head down, finish one thing at a time or get to a point your stuck, forget about it and move on to something you can finish...easier said then done i know, but projects of this magnitude, its all about pluggin along...she's lookin good!!

Back