Project 'Bad Habits' Build

are you going to put something on the edge of table and corners they are right at Nut height!

Never though of that! lol...i can round the corners but I can't add some material to soften it up as it would conflict with the opening and closing of the table. Those with balls on board will have to be on crotch watch when the table is in the up position. If you don't want to be on crotch watch I can refer you to CCB, he will coat just about anything if you ask nicely ;)

Added a tool shelf today with all important cup holders. I am going to add a few partitions on the shelf as well, as I can't stand the sound of shifting or rolling tackle at the back of the boat. Some rubber mat will also be added to dampen rattling or vibration from tools n' tackle. I also capped the hard edge on top of the panels with some C-channel. Its makes for a friendlier edge to deal with for sure and adds a little more support for the cushion that folds over top.

IMAG0189_zpsa36e6307.jpg

If anyone see's any handy or convenient mods that I could do I would love to hear them. I am using Trophywife's suggestion mounting the house batteries forward under the walk around (love the setup!)...would like to hear ideas from those with more on the water experience than I, and more experience in a variety of boats.

Cheers!

Nice big cleaning table at a good working height is always nice. Nice job so far

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 111
Will your boat be Heading to some for the derby or is that pushing the timeline?

Yes to both your questions Jac. I haven't had time to pick up the panel that closes up the fish hold. There is a removable box that fits in there that should hold 4 or 5 mid teen chinooks. It should be ready for the SFBC Derby....I don't plan on taking the ferry so if you are thinking of running across we could team up for the run...fair warning I may be a little heavy on the throttle that early into it haha

That's find I tested my boat last Saturday again on Okanagan lake there were 2 to 3 foot wind waves tight toghter we were running at 38mph into them with little to no coffee spills in the holder. I'm planning on boating there as long as work will allow.

38mph did burn a lot of fuel 12 galleons per hour so that might not be the best plan.

We're would you launch white rock or on the Fraser? I always wanted to try Port Moody heard that launch is nice and do have to "f" with the Fraser.

At Cruz I'm doing 23 to 25mph burning 5 to 6 galleons cat are normally good on fuel!

Those are some nice numbers on your fuel burn! I would likely be running out of the Fraser. I'm hoping to be moored on la agua by early April. Port Moody (Rocky Point) is a very nice launch. Parking is expensive and limited (due to the Boathouse restaurant basically next to the launch), and its an absolute gong show in summer. Hundreds of people come down to this specific launch just to see the **** show lol. Not to mention its 45-1hour extra to get from Moody to the North arm of the Fraser River.

Hopefully the derby is a go for me, I may have a scheduling conflict come up, but if that's the case I may just have to make it a day trip. Time will tell.

Me too but if I make the run I would like to do it in a group and the McDonald beach launch is ok. It funny there is millions of people living down there and most of your guys boat launches SUCK! Then I go to a town like castlegar or penticton or kelowna or summerland and there boat launches are great! I'm sure it's a lot harder building a launch where there is a tidy and things like that also a lot of use wear things out quicker. I guess it will take 2 to 3 hours to make out to sooke.

If you cut in between Valdez and Galiano Island the trip is 82 miles to Pedder Bay Marina from the tip of the breakwater at the north arm of the Fraser.

It is 66 Miles if you launch from Ladner/Stevenson's area to Sooke, cutting through the bottom of Galiano, or add another 4 miles through the Pender Islands.

Water conditions of the day would be the deciding factor of the route I guess, but it gives you a good idea of time travelled.
I use this website to plot distance over water.

http://www.freemaptools.com/measure-distance.htm

Oh, I looked into my engines WOT fuel burn. I'd kill for your 12 GPH with twins haha, I'll be burning 25 GPH WOT and who knows what speed that is :| Spooky stuff man! haha

Here is a boat of similar size and dry weight as my boat, tested with the 250HO

http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=2277

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's a lot of fuel. I don't know forsure but mine will hit in the 15gph wot but I have not really pushed her in break in period. That boat test you posted hit speed of 63mph that is crazy fast are you think your boat will be over 50mph wot?

Outboard engines almost always burn about 10% of their rated HP in GPH at WOT. So a 90hp would burn 9GPH at WOT. A 250 would burn 25gph etc. Doesn't matter if it's a 2 or 4 stroke, they both burn the same wide open.

Where the fuel economy really shines on the new outboards is from idle to cruise speeds. If your boat will cruise nicely around 3500 RPM that will generally be the sweet spot or close to it for economy.

With the props I have now I'm only hitting 5700rpm that's within range but if I had props that would hit 6300rpm I'm sure the GPH would go up some more also. When trolling I was getting anywhere from .1 to .3 GPH on Okanagan lake so there is no current just wind.

With the props I have now I'm only hitting 5700rpm that's within range but if I had props that would hit 6300rpm I'm sure the GPH would go up some more also. When trolling I was getting anywhere from .1 to .3 GPH on Okanagan lake so there is no current just wind.

You should select props that allow your engines to run right at the top of the recommended RPM range at WOT. This provides the optimum work load for your engines all the way from idle to WOT. If you start another thread with the details of you engines and current props I could help you select more suitable ones if you'd like.

Back