Project 'Bad Habits' Build

Little by little FB... Let me know when that big engine comes in and I'll come help you install it. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

It would be awesome if the dashboard was in ready for the gauges then everything motor related could get done in one shot.

Cheers

Can't do prep for the motor as far as gauges controls ect until I have them on hand. The beast will be on the truck en route to my shop tommorrow morning. Likely a Thursday afternoon delivery.

We'll have to design and fab as we go...something this project is no stranger too. Lots of the little things I needed to do got done today, including the last piece of reinforcement for the transom...so it is ready for power I'd say. I gotta get some heat on that boat to get the silicone to set! Shop is too cold to set the glues...

Can't do prep for the motor as far as gauges controls ect until I have them on hand. The beast will be on the truck en route to my shop tommorrow morning. Likely a Thursday afternoon delivery.

We'll have to design and fab as we go...something this project is no stranger too. Lots of the little things I needed to do got done today, including the last piece of reinforcement for the transom...so it is ready for power I'd say. I gotta get some heat on that boat to get the silicone to set! Shop is too cold to set the glues...

You can probably find the diagrams for the gauges etc. online and precut them out in the dash. All this glue talk has me worried..............

Did you power make it into canada yet? I don't think there is any break in period that rig is there?

Looks like your business is almost finished! Also heard that you might be my neighbour at the dock this year (I just paid for 2013 today). If Trendsetter joins us we'll likely have someone at the dock 7 days a week!

Hey Jeff, thanks for checking in...optimistic to think this project will ever be "finished". lol. There is a good chance my boat will be next to yours I'm thinking....I want to check into one more spot before committing, and I want to have the boat well tested before leaving her tied to the dock for the summer. I was hoping to see the motor this afternoon but since it was a no show, I'm expecting to see a truck when I get to the shop in the morning.

Worth noting, I picked up my new side windows, done by AJR Windows in Port Coquitlam today. Frick are they ever nice...almost to nice for my boat! haha. Duckworth, Armstrong, Wolf, and now Crestliner will have AJR Windows. Pretty shweet. Also picked up my UFLEX hydraulic steering kit today, and all my wiring to boot. This thing is going to wrap up pretty soon I think!!

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!!

IMAG0306_zps098c7ebb.jpg

IMAG0307_zpsca909987.jpg

Now thats a delivery worth waiting for, I'll bet you are pumped
you must be twitching wanting to get that bad boy hooked up, calm down now its not a race
Good on ya ,

You would think that they could have at least wrapped it in plastic:(. Did you give it a good check over before unloading it from the truck? Freight companies are not known for being gentle with things.

All that aside you must be pumped!!! I can't wait to see it on the boat:).

calm down now its not a race

Actually it is....I got until the end of the month before my boat is given a boot from the shop!

so we (Trendsetter and I) strapped that beast on the boat!!

IMAG0311_zpsd0421bf2.jpg

little bit of a smile there eh!?

Freight was smooth sailing. Hercules Transport handles our commercial shipments, they take pretty good care.... It cost under $200 to get it from Seattle to my door in Surrey (not including Tax on the engine). It took about a day and a half. Less than it would have cost for me to drive and pick it up myself. Pretty happy with how it worked out.

The only thing missing was my hood cover, but the dealer forgot to put it in the box so Bayside is UPS'ing it to me ASAP.

IMAG0311_zpsd0421bf2.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Congrats man.

only 200 bucks in shipping?????......that is cheap.

Cheers,
John

that is the look of true happiness!!!....I dont think I have ever seen that smile on your face before, she looks good on there, congrats buddy!

He Nick you need a few hundred lbs of cannon balls to keep that front end down lol. That motor makes you look like a small guy. Lol Nice

Back