Port Renfrew Reports Summer 2012

I'm not a facebook fan johnny .. how about if I follow you on twitter:D

There's a new marina? I looked up the homepage but found very little. Does anyone have information to share? I know nothing about it.

Thanks

There's a new marina? I looked up the homepage but found very little. Does anyone have information to share? I know nothing about it.

Yes it would be nice, cost, where it is, just any for us guys on the mainland.
Thanks

Thanks

Red Monster PM sent.

Old Seadog......try going to Wild Coast Cottages website and under the marina tab there is some contact info.

Not much of a launch at this point. Steep switchback to get down to it and not a well graded launch but it beats running the river at select tides. Impossible to find unless you know exactly where to turn (blast rock driveway 1/4 mile past tourist center)
Best to check it out before you decide to launch there

In past, I trailered my boat to PR Marina and Campground. That is not an option now. Is anyone aware of any other place where I could moor in that area. Coming from spoke.

Not much of a launch at this point. Steep switchback to get down to it and not a well graded launch but it beats running the river at select tides. Impossible to find unless you know exactly where to turn (blast rock driveway 1/4 mile past tourist center)
Best to check it out before you decide to launch there

True enough Hooch.......I didn't really mention the launch at all. The road down to it is blocked off right now until it opens up for the season. It's an old cement launch that is slick at low tide for sure. I did manage to get my boat in last year at high tide by myself but it's pretty tight to say the least....lol

RS, is the launch open to general public though? Could I launch a 23 ft boat there and at what sort of tide? Is there a dock off the launch or do you need hip waiters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pescador.....

I have a 21 Striper and sruggled a bit at a high June Tide.....but I was alone in the pi$$ing rain! lol A twenty 23 could be done if you weren't alone and got a bump off the trailer at high tide only....IMO. It's my understanding that the ramp and even the marina is open to the public on a first come first serve basis. Again....not lots of parking but it's my understanding that they make make use of a lot across the road as well? I don't want to give out any bad info but they are constantly making changes and improvements and I think it will be awesome when it's all done. I was out last week and they appear to be making the parking area larger and putting in the fuel lines and power in for the marina office. Of course I'm bias because I have a small place near by! lol Cheers!

Anyone having any luck out at Renfrew lately?

Thanks RS, I'll call before I go, and, of course check tides. I really don't like using the San Juan at all. This sounds like a better option now....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was down at PR Marina two weekends ago and although its early in the season its business as usual there. I also just checked thier website and Bud & Rex say gas will be available this weekend

Anyone catching around Rene area? No recent reports.

What do you want to know ? Halibut Great, Salmon Great, Crabbing Great, Smelt Fishing Good. Trout Good to Great at Lizard, SteelHead Fantastic.
Bear Hunting just really starting with a few Big Boys Spotted and Sausage Bears are up and feeding. Lots of great Sea Bass fishing at the Rock Pile,
Hope that Helps...

the native crabbers were averaging 0.6 crabs per trap last week and they said it had picked up to almost a crab per trap, and soft shells. Unless a light switch has gone off its been dead slow

Back