OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry your description doesn't match. Looks like the trap got dragged by a tug, prop damage to the float. Not really any growth on the line, but the rot cord was gone...I'm guessing 2-4 weeks. It's a nice trap, I'd like to get it back to the owner but I'll put it to use if I can't.

Sorry your description doesn't match. Looks like the trap got dragged by a tug, prop damage to the float. Not really any growth on the line, but the rot cord was gone...I'm guessing 2-4 weeks. It's a nice trap, I'd like to get it back to the owner but I'll put it to use if I can't.
Ya knowing my luck they wont be found lol good on ya for trying to find the owner bud!tight lines!

Hey Ryanb was it one of these http://flexfoldtraps.com with a white and red float?

Those red and white floats are to small for that area. I have seen so many around the mile markers out to the north arm being pushed under by the tide/current. I think some of the "stollen" traps fall into that situation!

Those red and white floats are to small for that area. I have seen so many around the mile markers out to the north arm being pushed under by the tide/current. I think some of the "stollen" traps fall into that situation!
Everyone knows that just dont check them on low tide ive seen it happen with bigger floats and more then one , but this could lead to line getting cut!!

Not sure what your saying but I personally have never seen a basketball size Scotchman pulled under but if it were me, hi tide or low tide nothing pisses me off more that having to pull my gear because i got caught on someones crab trap that has one of those red and white float, a small boat bumper or some kind of bleach bottle on it .

Not sure what your saying but I personally have never seen a basketball size Scotchman pulled under but if it were me, hi tide or low tide nothing pisses me off more that having to pull my gear because i got caught on someones crab trap that has one of those red and white float, a small boat bumper or some kind of bleach bottle on it .
People wont spend 50 bucks on a float also most traps are in 50 to 70 feet and in the usual spots i personally in 30 years of fishing never dragged a trap !!

Yer a lucky man i guess, i've hooked a few ! I've never lost a trap yet though so i guess spending a few extra $ on a good float is cheaper than a bunch of traps i think!

Yer a lucky man i guess, i've hooked a few ! I've never lost a trap yet though so i guess spending a few extra $ on a good float is cheaper than a bunch of traps i think!
Mine where stolen had 4 same spot came back two sitting only this year have i had traps stolen and also caught a guy pulling my prawn traps its a lovely world out in the ocean seems like its a free for all lol

Sure would be nice to figure out a way to deal with these guys . Problem is ,is you would be the one to get in **** if you did !
Our laws protect the assholes!!!!

Ok back on the topic...
Anyone has been fishing the HITW lately? I was thinking of launching my 16' tinny from the sunset marina and fish that area on the weekend but i noticed that there's a wind warning up again :(

Well, just when you think you got tbe bugs worked out. Launched at sunset this morning, pulling out boat stalled, wouldn't fire up and the starter went. On the bright side got a credit to launch and park another day.

Well, just when you think you got tbe bugs worked out. Launched at sunset this morning, pulling out boat stalled, wouldn't fire up and the starter went. On the bright side got a credit to launch and park another day.

Sorry to hear about your engine trouble.. I hope it is a quick inexpensive fix, and that you have her working again soon.

Is fishing really this slow? It seems like the last 2 pages have been about runaway crab traps and engine troubles, and we are into June. Very little in the way of good reports from the Hump and Thrasher sounds dead. I have a feeling there are a lot of tight lips...hoping anyways. Oh and Three Tyees in the last week or so in various spots is good news.

Got out for a couple hours this morning before work. Fished tunstall to cape roger curtis for two undersized one almost legal until buddy thought that a boat with the riggers out could turn on a dime. Wire wrapped around the prop and it was difficult to remove. saw another boat hook up too with a nice one. they're there

Fished cape roger Curtis and only managed 3 shakers and lost another one. Didn't see any nets out.

4 hours today off Bowen with nothing to show for it. didn't even mark anything..not sure where they are but there are not off Bowen...

Fished up Pender Harbour way last week around entrance to Aggemenmon channel caught 3 nice springs .. Biggest around @ 18 lbs and smallest around 12lbs all fish took anchovies though we threw lots of hoochies and spoons at them! Had some great weather and its always nice to see Salmon returning to such a great area!IMG_20160521_144645.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back