OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished HITW, 1 landed 2 lost and a few put back to grow. All the action was when we first got there 8:30 to 9:30, died off till about noon when we had a screamer on that we managed to lose 15 feet from the boat. May head out Monday but much earlier. All action on spoons.

Mike

Out at thrasher, one legal two just under this morning 163 ' , glow hoochies. Got our lings east, live pcod and herring, had to release one very well into its 30's. Lotta boats

took the youngest and the dog out Saturday afternoon to troll the bell out to QA and back. A few guys out. Nothing for us except some unders and a feed of crab. Dragged plastic, metal and meat; 100 ft and up. Awesome to be out again!

Fished HITW
Launched out of MacDonald beach.
1030-200
Two shakers, nothing else.
Fishing 90-130
One rod with bloody nose teaser, 6' leader.
One Rod with spoon, 8' leader.
Both shakers on the spoon.
Lots of bait on sounder.
Nice day, considering the forecast had it as windy.

Trolled the hump for roughly 3 hrs yesterday had 6 hit in total. One likely big that got away, another lost at the boat, three under size released and one clipped coho for dinner. All on spoon .Had almost 30 crabs in my 2 traps, but only 3 keeper.

Fished HITW from 6:30-12:15, one shaker very slow. Went to the Bell on the way in and it was non-stop shakers, Pcod and one clipped coho, all on spoons (I forgot the bait at home!) Got stopped just before the second narrows bridge by Border Services in a black zodiac. They asked to see boat license and operator card. They were hiding behind a freighter and then they would dart out when a boat went by!

Mike

Fished Thursday, Sunday and Monday. Went 5 for 7 on keepers on Thursday at Hole in the Wall. On choives and Skinny G's working 120 to 60. Sunday it was slower at HITW and hit 2 keepers and 5 undersize. Monday tried the HITW again and only had 2 undersize. Went to the Bell Buoy and had non-stop undersize action. Had one good fish that seal stole. A couple of nasty seals out there right now! We lost a smaller fish to one as well. The undersize fishy were all very chunky so must be eating well!
Hayden HITW May 22.jpg Dave and Greg HITW May 19.jpg Dave HITW BIG FISH MAY 19.jpg

Fished Bell Buoy to QA with a dozen + boats yesterday from 900-1700. Lost all anchovies quickly to pcods, shakers and 1 decent fish that didn't make it to the surface. Put some white hoochies out and had multiple shakers and a 15-20lbs. Lost another one that broke the line above the flasher; time for new line. Good fishin overall. All at 100+ ft.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Fished passage island to hump 1100 to 1800
120 -140 feet cop car and Irish cream got 2 undersized and pcod every time we checked the lines,
nice day out on the water, left from bridge view

I guess nobody has been on social media too much for local reports, Tonelli had the picture up pretty quickly after the pic was sent to us. :p

Two of my good buds were fishing HITW yesterday morning.....boated a 31.5 lb hatchery red at 20' or 25'. Got the text photo from them with BIG smiles...I know it was on a spoon and not sure if the lines were going up or down when it hit. ;)

I guess nobody has been on social media too much for local reports, Tonelli had the picture up pretty quickly after the pic was sent to us. :p

Two of my good buds were fishing HITW yesterday morning.....boated a 31.5 lb hatchery red at 20' or 25'. Got the text photo from them with BIG smiles...I know it was on a spoon and not sure if the lines were going up or down when it hit. ;)
I thought he was holding a seal when I saw the picture ... real beauty of a fish!

31.5 lbs..... That's decent...I'll be out this weekend....dedos cruzados...Hopefully there's a wave of those passing thru.

31.5 lbs..... That's decent...I'll be out this weekend....dedos cruzados...Hopefully there's a wave of those passing thru.

Pescador....you staying local? We're headed to Silva for the weekend and will be fishing that side.

Was at HITW till 4 didnt see one fish caught and maybe 5 boats or so went to the Bell at 4 and got one just over in 5 min and a clipped Coho afyer that not a sniff!!

Fished Tunstall 2.30-4 this aft - got this one at 110' green spackleback hootchie. 16.5 lb right at low slack. About 15-20 boats out there. A few bait balls on surface and a whale was hanging around as well.

Attachments

• DSC_0439.JPG
    DSC_0439.JPG
    483.9 KB · Views: 54
Took a buddy and his kid out for their first time today. Went to Bell Buoy at high tide. In 150 ft of water running dummy flashers on canon balls 75 ft down, anchovy in blood nose teasers 10 ft up from ball. 30 mins in, the kids rod tip pops up. I tell him to grab it. As soon as he pulled... ZZZZZZZZZ. Told him he's got a salmon then it jumped and his eyes almost fell out of his head. Haha. Eventually netted this little one. 30.5 lbs.20160527_110655.jpg

I gotta say, I don't think I'll go back to having the flasher on the line. The fight is so much better without. May be coincidence, but seems like I have lost less fish too.

Thank you all who post on this forum. All your info has been invaluable to this newbie.

Last edited:
Very well done NF, lots of us on this forum would be very happy catching a "little" 30.5#'er. Excellent report too, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back