Nootka reports

Mornin Chubby, If you think you cant go slow enough offshore, youre not fishing it right! You need speed!

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

Mornin Chubby, If you think you cant go slow enough offshore, youre not fishing it right! You need speed!

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

I think you missed the point. But do tell us how fast do you like to troll.

pissongrady-1.jpg

Hey Kev, Congrats on your new gig! Hope all works out well for you up there! Speaking of Nootka I start a weeks holidays today. Is it worth the trip to come and have some non stop coho action with the odd spring or what? You can PM me if you want but I'm itching for some action and the Qualicums are pretty slow still! Thanks Bud!

SWC

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

SWC Well another great day!!! 5 wild coho from 12lbs to 16lbs and 2 LLR's in 4 hours this aft all inside the surf line but it was a handfull running such a big boat by myself plus the gear to with 1 meter seas and chop but not complaining great fishing and the sun sure felt awesome. I can only imagine what the highway would be like if offshore would only settle down long enough to get out there but no complaints having a blast...... Hint don't just hug the walls try out in the middle to. ;) Thanks again for the tip for the newbie guide... Island Fish Lifter......

Cheers ME

revisedhookedonfishing.jpg

www.goldriverfishinglodge.com
www.moutchabay.com/
Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

Fishing was great on the weekend. We caught 16 Coho Satuday and Sunday. 12 of them were on a 4" 639 tubby. Use a dummy flasher on your cannon ball 3' long and set you lure back only 8' so it ends up just back of the flasher about 5'. That way when you get the fish on it's you and him, no flasher. Back the drag off a bit and have a great fight. And as far as speed goes in the last post, 2.8 to 3.0 MPH Springs or Coho. I never go slower than that, most often I'm passing boats all the time. If you go faster, the fish don't have time to think about things. They have to bite or it's gone, even if there not feeding it triggers a natural reaction to strike at it.

Hey Holmes, I had to go to Critter and cook dinner for Cam, Julie, Laura, Al, and Joe on Sunday cause your gone. Half a cow and a big Coho went over well. Good luck on Wednesday.

One last kick at the can. I’m going up Saturday any tip’s on the fishing would be great. Need to stay inside, as the boat is not up to running to the highway. Looking for springs and coho. GLG

Pondering a Nootka trip tomorrow but need a report asap.
GLG, did you make it out there?

Anyone?

Thanks[^]

First I would like to thank MyEscape for the tip on where to go thanks Kevin. Tortuga go if you can for the early morning bite at Burdwood. Leave here at 4:30 or 5 am if possible. Coho are around and jumping. All our action was from 9:30 to noon. Dead everywhere else as far as I could tell. We looked, 25 liters later, that’s for sure. Evening bite near camel rock but we never hooked up there. Try 42 feet down on the deep line 32 on the other side. Put a rod out the back on a slip weight 30 to 60 pulls. That centre rod got most the hits. Used western producer in 3 ½ and 5 inch. 5 to 6 ft leader, purple haze flasher. 15 - 20 feet back of the clip. Be prepared to lose a few fish with there acrobatic jumps. Have fun GLG
Need to add
Check your gear often, as there were lots of small ones around. Bring lots of gas and troll at a fast clip. Sharpen those dang hooks.

I know what you mean. I'm booked for Critter Cove the second week of July. Really looking forward to it again this year. Hopefully the Springs will be more abundant this year than last. How did you do there last year?

pescador

I am going to Tahsis this year to a friends place who lives up there and have not fished there for some time , it will be fun ; I will of course let everyone know how it went ,and if I can get my oldest grandson to come if he is not working (he has a digital camera) I can maybe show some of the catch on this forum , good luck to you !

AL

Pescador,

Had two trips last year, one with my family, one with friends and we got 8 kings first trip, 8 the second trip and 3 small hali and some ling. Thats the best I have done up there. Second trip, the weather was pretty good, got outside 3 days in a row and hit the highway.

Really, its just the trip. Year before last, we only caught 3 fish and had just as much fun, same for the first year going up.

I just love that place!

I will be there around the 15th of july. Hope to find something, but if not, thats OK too.

FB

You have discovered the true enjoyment of fishing. Welcome to this site.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

a bunch of us will be headed up to newtons cove, july 10. if you see 'reelfast', give a shout, radios are always on.

Back