Nootka Trip Aug 22-26 Critter Cove

Dano3232

Hey Guys,

My son (8yrs), father in law (Old..lol) and I are heading to Nootka in late August. We will be staying at Critter cove. I'm hoping you can help me with what the top 3-4 presentations that I can use and make sure i purchase, so we have some success. We enjoy our mudsharks (Pike) and lake trout fishing out here, i'd love to get him addicted to the salmon tug!

I understand Coho will be streaming in and late Chinook will be in and feel i have seen over a million maps showing the top locations in my research.

I'm coming out from Alberta and brining my KF 1825 so any help with success would be great.

TIA Guys and Gals

Inked20220918_072828_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you’ll get many different opinions. Specifically for Springs, I use almost exclusively anchovies. My go to set up is a Betsy or Black/Gold Rhys Davis holder and a black/gold flasher. Betsy flashers work great to tho. I think the black/gold version is called Jelly Fish. Now…..I know people who only use spoons and do very well. Tomic has an awesome selection that you can buy right at Critter Cove. If I throw out a spoon, it’ll be a Watermelon or something that mimics herring. Frankly the options are endless and people at Critter will share information with you. Feel free to pm me if you need anything else. Good choice booking Critter btw and thanks for getting your son involved early.

Later in the season it's a bait game-I'd stop in @ Tyee Marine in Campbell River and ask what's been hot.

Apart from that smaller spoons w/some Chartreuse as mentioned

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_bdad_1005x.jpg

Back