Does anyone have a recommendation for best place to stay in Gold River in July. Gonna trailer up for early launch to Critter next day. Thanks.

Does anyone have a recommendation for best place to stay in Gold River in July. Gonna trailer up for early launch to Critter next day. Thanks.
Gold river chalet gets the job done. I think they were undergoing Reno’s/repairs last year and were closed. They were always our go to.

The Ridge is ok too. You can position your boat in front of the room in some cases. Nothing fancy but it works. You've got the bar and restaurant next door.

Thanks folks on the GR accommodation. Word has it the Chalet is aiming to open again this year after major renovations currently underway.

Am trying to get a handle on anticipated openings and regs for Nootka (25 and 125) in July, August 2024 particularly for Coho. DFO doesn’t seem to want to commit at this point. Can anyone comment? Thanks.

Until they release their 2024 regs, best you can go off would be last years regs.

Am trying to get a handle on anticipated openings and regs for Nootka (25 and 125) in July, August 2024 particularly for Coho. DFO doesn’t seem to want to commit at this point. Can anyone comment? Thanks.
Look at notices for last year and the draft IFMP. One possible change is clipped MSF only chinook in 25, but hopefully they don't go there this year given the lack of clipping 2019 smolts.

Is the launch in Gold River very deep and in ok condition? We will be launching August 8. Its a falling tide @ 6am roughly 7’. Is this enough water to launch two 30’ and 24’ boat. I like to be in about 4’ when launching if the ramp is decent. Never fished this area before.

Is the launch in Gold River very deep and in ok condition? We will be launching August 8. Its a falling tide @ 6am roughly 7’. Is this enough water to launch two 30’ and 24’ boat. I like to be in about 4’ when launching if the ramp is decent. Never fished this area before.
You will be fine at 7'. At least last year you were ok with that. It changes some years depending on run off silt in the river. I've launched with 3 feet in previous years with my 23 ft'er. I always have a habit of keeping my motors tilted up a bit till I pass the float plane dock.

Back