Kitty Coleman Reports 2012

i would like to ask a question of the kitty coleman faithful. as i have never fished that "hump" before.. is there a favorite tide, or is it a tide change location??? thanks for the help.

tight lines.
gorillaboy

Wind and tides look good for tomorrow morning. Taking baby blue for her maiden voyage if she holds. even if it rains.

anyone else going?

Lorne

Good Luck...... I have already warned the Coast Guard.... Please wear a life jacket and remembered take your radio with you. :)

Wind and tides look good for tomorrow morning. Taking baby blue for her maiden voyage if she holds. even if it rains.

anyone else going?

Lorne

I'm going to take a run out there if the wind holds off.
Will look out for you...LOL

Good Luck...... I have already warned the Coast Guard.... Please wear a life jacket and remembered take your radio with you. :)

You get towed 1 time with by the coastguard in janurary when its -9c with no life jackets or radio on board and you can never live it down!! haha

Lorne

I'll bring a tow rope just in case.
Duffer and I can take shifts "watching out for you"

Oh gorillaboy in general I'm sure most faithfuls on here would agree the best time is before and after the Tide Changes. Kitty is always full of suprises and will light up inbetween Tide changes also. Just put in your time out there and something good usually happens. Don't be afraid to move around and try different areas and depths. Good luck out there, oh yeh keep an eye on the weather also even though there not always right.

Heres the new ride fellas! Picked it up 2 weeks ago, from a really nice guy and his wife in Cr. Well kept boat. May have to repower in the future but the ole johnson runs like a top for now.(knock on wood) Just bought, mounted the kicker today, wired in the electronics, etc and shes ready to get bloody.

534441_10151784312165162_594349541_n.jpg

292147_10151784313910162_3746156_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very fishy looking boat LP, should serve you well.
See you out on the water. Wind looks fine and the fish are biting.

lorneparker1 new boat

Your boat look exactly like mine lorneparker1 I was wondering why people were racing up to me this morning at kitty name is Terry I am new to the forum but not new to area I have probably met all of at the ramps so now I am looking forward to meeting all of you as forum members your friends and families as well give some fishing reports so this morning I saw no nets from 6:30am till 9:30am wind came up some and so I packed it infor today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished from 7 till 11ish, got the crap beat out of me by the chop that showed up around 8:30(thanks bwd!), but wanted to wait it out for the tide. Was lumpy but the boat and all the gear ran great. Never know what to expect with a new boat, and all new rigging for the first time. Super happy with it.

No fish for us and only saw one net when we first got out there.

Lorne

Yea it beat us up good today.
Ran from Comox Harbour this morning and made good time in the chop.
Fished till noon then headed in, in the slop.
Could only go 6 or 7 mph on the way back as the hull was pounding.
Need air suspension seats as my back can't take it any more.
Caught 2 and keep one for the BBQ in the small range (over 25 inch - 8lb?).
Nice to see LP out there with his new boat.
Glad everything worked there LP
There were around 25 boats out there today and I didn't see any nets.
Had the creel guy ask me for the details when I got back to the dock.
No problem with me and he told me I was boat 8 that he checked and the only one with a fish.

Bite didn't last long around tide change this Eve but it went on picked up 3 small keepers released 2 others and picked up a nice one around 25 lbs gotta get me a scale. 3 on spoons and 3 on cuttlefish all around the 215 mark hope that helps. Guess the bite was better in the evening. Nice new ride Lorne look foward to seeing u out there.

Fished from 6 till 10am flat calm not a sniff only boat till 7 then 1 and 4 by 9:30 am never saw any nets but my old work buddy Steve said he saw one he was 1 of the boats a very fishy guy jigged and hung a meat line pulled up a few more dogfish and a 4lb snapper up to 23 dogfish and 2 snapper on the squid that I caught couple weeks ago. I met Fish Assassin at the ramp he greeted me and introduced himself then he showed me the secret lures the hootchie and spoon yes I saw them I must admit I have to step it up a notch were having snapper for dinner tonight.
Terry

Back