Hot stock tips

I'm a bit of a gambler. thinking if i came this far. I might as well hit the finish line.

Been scalping a lot of low free float stocks that gets pumped and dumped. Usually i go for a 20% gain and i'm out. Ever since GME and AMC. The market is a bit messed up.
GME is far from over, its so heavily shorted its buy buy buy and hold hold hold

My problem with GME is it’s not Tesla so when the company decides to split to raise money for what ever it’s gonna be diluted

plus i got burned on it took 300 buck hit and went back to blue chips lol

Last edited:
I'm doing decent on RBLX but am getting kicked in the teeth on MDX.

I'm interested in NIO but waiting until the new year before purchasing.

Been watching SRV-UN.TO and waited too long so maybe Omicron will drive that price down again.

XLI seems like a solid investment with so many uncertain indicators right now.

I'm doing decent on RBLX but am getting kicked in the teeth on MDX.

I'm interested in NIO but waiting until the new year before purchasing.

Been watching SRV-UN.TO and waited too long so maybe Omicron will drive that price down again.

XLI seems like a solid investment with so many uncertain indicators right now.
MDX is a special kind of pain.

I was up 180% on BTE but back down to 120%

sold half awhile ago but still holding

I want to get into an EV play after sitting on the sidelines and watching the TSLA show for years.
Was debating between FSR and Lucid, but now I’m reading about GGPI (parent company of Polestar) or something like that, and there will be some merger ahead with promising spin offs. Polestar is tied to Volvo manufacturing and seems to have a bright future.
Any EV players out there with fun intel?

My problem with GME is it’s not Tesla so when the company decides to split to raise money for what ever it’s gonna be diluted

plus i got burned on it took 300 buck hit and went back to blue chips lol
you only lose when you sell. its heaviest shorted stock in history and #1 stock medias been telling you to sell all year. plus Ryan cohen said to hold few weeks ago no matter what. RC is out to screw the hedge funds and they are so screwed right now!!

Remember you only lose if you sell. Diamond hands buddy

you only lose when you sell. its heaviest shorted stock in history and #1 stock medias been telling you to sell all year. plus Ryan cohen said to hold few weeks ago no matter what. RC is out to screw the hedge funds and they are so screwed right now!!

Remember you only lose if you sell. Diamond hands buddy

ive only ever made money when I sold.

I like GME from a market standpoint on the human psychology of investing.

I sold it once at 40% profit and bought back and now negative 48%. So pretty much full circle. I don’t know why they aren’t making profits. Seems like a good product they have
I entered at 20, then 15, then 11 and now 8. I was late to the party, or am I really early??? :oops:

I entered at 20, then 15, then 11 and now 8. I was late to the party, or am I really early??? :oops:

I cost averaged down on baytex 2.50 then 50 cents.

took two years to pay off but I knew that the company would survive and oil would go back up.

I can understand that.

mused to be a saying invest in what you know or understand.

I cost averaged down on baytex 2.50 then 50 cents.

took two years to pay off but I knew that the company would survive and oil would go back up.

I can understand that.

mused to be a saying invest in what you know or understand.
I only understand banging nails in wood, let's be honest here.

Things got weird enough for a while there that I went back to a chip and dip strategy...if I'm putting money into anything other than an index fund, it's a blue chip, on a dip.

When there was the chaos in the Rogers boardroom I figured it would rattle Shaw's price a bit and I have done really well on that - when the buyout was originally announced, I had something like $10,000 in Shaw stock and it jumped from $18 to $28 overnight; right now it's sitting around $29-29.5 most of the time. At current exchange rates, the buyout deal will hit at $31.65, assuming it all goes through.

So when it hit just over $28 a couple of weeks back I dumped in the remainder of my available cash reserves and now I have about 1000 SJR which, again assuming the deal goes through and if you factor in the dividends they pay, will have made me an average of about $15 CAD per, that's pretty good. I think that's been my largest single stock profit. I did pretty well grabbing AMZN during the first Covid meltdown at about $1800, and BA a couple of weeks later. But I think my take on them has been a little lower, actually, which is kind of funny, because to be honest I never took the Shaw stock that seriously, I just thought it was generally undervalued, was going to come up, and paid a good dividend, and I wanted to start looking at dividend stocks and thinking about them.

AMZN was a sledgehammer of a stock, but since I had already put the vast majority of my money into stuff like VOO, I just didn't have the kind of cash on hand to pour into my picks in March of 2020 when all the bargains were there for the taking.

Still, even factoring out the "o hey lets just print another trillion dollars lol" monetary policy, the whole market has been crazy hot and if you have money to put in it, you pretty much have no choice but to pour it in because the inflation has gotten out of control. I've been averaging something like 16% for five years now - obviously 2018 dragging the numbers down a bit there - and most of that is index funds, with just a few forays into stocks that scream at me to grab them because they look crazily undervalued at that moment. I doubt I'm much different than just being in straight index funds. Once you subtract the inflation, it's still big gains.

Sure gives you a sense of riding a tsunami, though...

Oh well, I don't think about monetary policy, and the US money printer go BRRRRR so it's ride the wave or drown underneath it, I guess.

heres one that has done well for me that ive been invested in for awhile CWW. Have not checked how its performed vs the SP500 US ETF but it adds some diversity.

1639432765171.png
1639432825975.png

Last edited:
Back