Help Finding a Grady 282

Apparently exhaust was done. Got a bunch of pics. Needs new cushions and one eisenglass panel. Otherwise might be ok. He claims the lower unit was vandalized when he got back to the boat today on one of the motors. Thinks someone tried to steal it. Seems odd. Is that a major issue or just cosmetic? I don't think that part really seals, but I could be wrong. I've reached out to a yamaha dealer. Waiting for a call back.
😂, ya no, they stuck a screw driver in to get the lower unit off, if they would of tried to steal it I doubt the bolts would still be on. Some lower units are a b… to get off when they been sitting for a long time without removing them, be careful the shaft is not stuck , it happens. But no issue, just cosmetic. When the engine is well maintained the lower unit is easy to take off. What year are those engines ??? I did my buddy’s 2007 250 yammy last year ( lower unit maintenance) impeller and water pump housing, and cleared all the crap in the water lines and replaced thermostat,was not done for 3 -4 years and it was a b…. To get off, I use small wood wedged and reef from side to side and got it off without the gauging the lower case

Last edited:
😂, ya no, they stuck a screw driver in to get the lower unit off, if they would of tried to steal it I doubt the bolts would still be on. Some lower units are a b… to get off when they been sitting for a long time without removing them, be careful the shaft is not stuck , it happens. But no issue, just cosmetic. When the engine is well maintained the lower unit is easy to take off. What year are those engines ??? I did my buddy’s 2007 250 yammy last year ( lower unit maintenance) impeller and water pump housing, and cleared all the crap in the water lines and replaced thermostat,was not done for 3 -4 years and it was a b…. To get off, I use small wood wedged and reef from side to side and got it off without the gauging the lower case
That was my first thought when I saw the pics. The guy seemed pretty genuine about it being vandalism and offered to take money off the price tag. Who knows. They are 06 motors. I dropped the leg on my 07 200 last year. Thought it was stuck, but had just missed the bolt that's under the anode as I recall. Once I got that it basically fell off. I have heard they are a pain. I'm really not overly worried about the motors. If they are good and I get a couple years out of them, bonus.

Not sure how to post the link but this one has the correct power, new enough to be built with green wood but it’s a bit far away.

Attachments

• IMG_3455.png
    IMG_3455.png
    631.8 KB · Views: 64

Seems fishy. I sent an email. We'll see.
Test drove this one today and put a deposit on it. Certainly needs some TLC, but the hull is in good shape, the engines have had the exhaust work done, were solid and the electronics are good. Felt the price was pretty fair and negotiated it down a bit as well.

Test drove this one today and put a deposit on it. Certainly needs some TLC, but the hull is in good shape, the engines have had the exhaust work done, were solid and the electronics are good. Felt the price was pretty fair and negotiated it down a bit as well.
Ads gone. Congratulations on your buy. Hard to find the perfect boat. You‘re lucky to find something that quickly. Keep us posted on your journey. Love to hear your plans with the boat.

Ads gone. Congratulations on your buy. Hard to find the perfect boat. You‘re lucky to find something that quickly. Keep us posted on your journey. Love to hear your plans with the boat.
Thanks! Once me and my dad get onto something, we tend to move on it. Seemed like the deal we wanted. Good hull, priced for a repower. So no crazy plans. Get the cushions and eisenglass cleaned up, wax and maybe a new fridge microwave. We will assess the motors and see where we are at. Probably watch for a deal on some used power. Probably add a kicker. Really just going to enjoy the thing. Have some overnights planned with the family and our annual trip to Bamfield. It's gonna be great!

Nice! Had a pretty good trailer it looked like too, which is rare in that price range. Enjoy! Those motors might be good for a while, and if one pops replacements are cheap on a pallet to Blaine!

Nice! Had a pretty good trailer it looked like too, which is rare in that price range. Enjoy! Those motors might be good for a while, and if one pops replacements are cheap on a pallet to Blaine!
Decent trailer for sure. Needs brake work, but every American trailer will. You got a site for used power? I did a Google search yesterday. Ebay had a few things to look as well as boat boats.ca.

Decent trailer for sure. Needs brake work, but every American trailer will. You got a site for used power? I did a Google search yesterday. Ebay had a few things to look as well as boat boats.ca.
Good stuff, you got yourself a great hull, once your fix the rest, and repower when the other ones go boom,you will have a great boat for a long time, usually good used power show up late winter early spring, when the boys with to much money want shiny new power. Enjoy, still better then spending 3-4 hundred k

Facebook market place, and go spend $100 at every local dealer asking them to take your number and stop in an ask every month when you are spending $100. Even if someone isn’t trading them in they might refer you to a seller planning to sell private. Also set up email alerts on Craigslist but Facebook is the dominant player now.

Good stuff guys. Agreed spring is probably the time. I also like the idea of getting in with a few dealers. Always good to make someone's life simple. Dealer needs to move some engines to sell new ones. They just have to call me. Lol.

Is the old Grady coming up for sale?
Yes it will be. We need to make sure we can get the 282 to Bamfield in August. Have to book a tow from Nanaimo to Port Alberni. Also confirm the extra dock space is available. If that's all doable, then we need to get the 208 home and cleaned up for sale. We will want to get top dollar for the 208 to help offset costs. I'd love to let Stizzla have it cheap...

Yes it will be. We need to make sure we can get the 282 to Bamfield in August. Have to book a tow from Nanaimo to Port Alberni. Also confirm the extra dock space is available. If that's all doable, then we need to get the 208 home and cleaned up for sale. We will want to get top dollar for the 208 to help offset costs. I'd love to let Stizzla have it cheap...
We’d all love that!

Back