Help Finding a Grady 282

Skins88

Fellas,

I've noted in a couple other threads. I'm looking for a 282. Been some contenders out there. Made a couple offers and just missed etc. Some of you guys can dig boats up seemingly at will. I'm looking at the usual spots. Boat Trader etc. Would like an 05 with trailer and either low hour or repowered motors. Willing to have it shipped. That said will look at any vintage if it's a good deal. Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Not bad. Wonder if the 01 in Newport for 49k is a better deal? They both need a repower sooner than later.

Have you looked on GreatGrady.com, lots of boats listed there from the US and some from Canada. Also be cautious regarding the leaky transom cap issue on those Euro style transoms, definately a famous construction oversight on Grady’s part not fibreglassing over that area. Lot’s of discussion on many websites about the issue. A good surveyor should find any issues.

Last edited:
Have you looked on GreatGrady.com, lots of boats listed there from the US and some from Canada. Also be cautious regarding the leaky transom cap issue on those Euro style transoms, definately a famous construction oversight on Grady’s part not fibreglassing over that area. Lot’s of discussion on many websites about the issue. A good surveyor should find any issues.
I’m looking for a Marlin and have been for 2 years. 95% of the boats I’ve seen all have aging out Yamaha’s. You get the odd one that’s repowered and usually the pricing reflects it. I’m of the mind now after 2 years of searching that paying less, finding a clean boat with old power then running the old motors till they blow up then repowering is a reasonable approach. You won’t get anything for old 2002-2007 F250/225’s cause there’s millions of them out there. Good for parts only. Zero value on trade in. That has to be factored in.

I’m looking for a Marlin and have been for 2 years. 95% of the boats I’ve seen all have aging out Yamaha’s. You get the odd one that’s repowered and usually the pricing reflects it. I’m of the mind now after 2 years of searching that paying less, finding a clean boat with old power then running the old motors till they blow up then repowering is a reasonable approach. You won’t get anything for old 2002-2007 F250/225’s cause there’s millions of them out there. Good for parts only. Zero value on trade in. That has to be factored in.
This seems like a good deal depending on the trailer. https://eugene.craigslist.org/boa/d/junction-city-grady-white-300-marlin/7617841283.html

If they have the original engines on it, at least reflect how many hours on the hull, vs a guide boat that has been repowered 3-4 times. I've seen some lodge boats in a condition that made me puke a little in my mouth.

Have you checked this one out? She will be listed through Sportcraft, Milwaukie, OR. Contact Mike Fisher at 503 656-6484 if you are interested in a 2007 Grady White Marlin.

Back