Halibut closing after long weekend?

5 trips for my boat this for a grand total of ZERO ,down for me

O halis this year. 3 trips so far..I'll be trying tomorrow as i won't be able to get out again before it shuts down for the season...

Two halis for me out of Kitimat, now if you do like the DFO THE NUMBER IS EXTRAPOLATED TO THE MERDE DE BOUEF FACTOR OF SIXTEEN SUBTRACT THE TRUE CRAP FACTOR i HAVE TAKEN A GRAND TOTAL OF SIXTEEN HUNDRED AND FIVE POUNDS.

By the way folks I will be smashing chicken eggs with a hammer to see how many chicks escaped.

8 hali for my boat this year ,spread out between 5 people over 3 days.

My boat can lay claim to zero, while only targeting once this season. We'll be targeting them in the coming weeks.....likely be happy if i find one haha.

2 fishing trips targeted halis part of the time 2 fish the first trip 10 and a 25 .
Second trip one hali .. when I hooked into this beast and it was Brads first hali trip.... Measured 64 inches..no scale at cluetsi so can only go by the tables at 135 lbs. Pretty sure Brad is hooked!.. caught aug 14
We had lots of fun figuring out what the next move was.. for the fish and US!
Brad is 6'6" and 260 lbs
P1100189.jpg

2 fishing trips targeted halis part of the time 2 fish the first trip 10 and a 25 .
Second trip one hali .. when I hooked into this beast and it was Brads first hali trip.... Measured 64 inches..no scale at cluetsi so can only go by the tables at 135 lbs. Pretty sure Brad is hooked!.. caught aug 14
We had lots of fun figuring out what the next move was.. for the fish and US!
Brad is 6'6" and 260 lbs
P1100189.jpg

Now that's a dandy!! Congrats!

I had family come visit and buy licenses for the year to try for halibut for 2 days. Got zero. Have not caught any this year! I'm bummed that I won't have many more chances at them. Damn! All my fishing friends are at zero catch this year. 10 licenses 0 halibut. Seems like a good deal for them.

Zero for the season here. I know King_cod took one. Off site, of the 30 some anglers I know in the area who aren't members only three have caught a hali. One each. That must be what 20-30,000 pounds based on DFO calculations?

5 Attempts this year out on the WCVI with 4 licenses on the boat and 0 Hali. Got blown off the water 3 out of the 5 trips. Just no luck this year, guess I wanted one too badly, it wasn't for lack of trying though. Congrats, to those that did manage to catch some, good on you.

Back