H1N1 Vaccine?

My doc encouraged me as I'm in the age group and have underlying medical thingies. Can't decide. It makes sense and I probably will, just sick of all the american-style viral-terror crap so it's making me jaded. My own small town newspaper ran a really responsible story a while back about how we might basically be fighting each other in the street for the vaccine if there's a shortage. Wanted to go down and slap the first person I found!

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working...

Me....I will be getting one as I haven't had a flu shot in 2 years. I work in and out of hospitals, medical clinics etc and figure I should probably protect myself.

As a side note; for those that are put off by the ingredients in the H1N1 vaccine you should really read what is in other flu vaccines that you may have taken over the years. The ingredients in the H1N1 vaccine are not all that radically different from what has been in flu shots over the years; mercury, aluminum, dead AND live influenza cells, chicken embryos (that's where they grow the cells) etc etc. The list goes on and on to include a number of active pharmaceutical ingredients etc.

I too agree that there is a great deal of media 'hype' around this and there have been some horrible flu pandemics in the past as well; maybe I am buying into the 'hype' but as I usually get a shot every year or second year I will be gettin' one of these.

eh, i'll take my chances with lots of coffee (hot liquids help wash viruses into the stomach and destroy them), gargled salted water, and vitamin C thanks...1368 deaths in NA so far, 36000 annually in the US from typical flu and flu complications?? LMAO

If people start dropping one by one around here, maybe I'd consider it vs trusting some crazy concoction forced quickly through manufacturing and likely not tested enough.

Family I know with 9 kids all had it here in Langford - no vaccine, walk in the park, no idea what the excitement is about. Friend from high school just had it...not very fun, but 4 days later she was fine (no shots)....blah blah blah say da government. I imagine the strep throat I had last year is a much worse experience.

quote:LMAO

Right------really funny Dewar25 [V]
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091027/national/flu_boy_dies

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

quote:LMAO

Right------really funny Dewar25 [V]
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091027/national/flu_boy_dies

you know what I mean - of course its sad for anyone to die from anything, but my perception is that this is all blown of proportion if you compare to the typical deaths each year REGARDLESS.

Before you get your vaccine, here are the ingredient of the one we would get...google a few of them!

Antigen suspension vial: Thimerosal, sodium chloride, disodium hydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium chloride, water for injections. The drug substance contains trace residual amounts of egg proteins, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate and sucrose.

Adjuvant emulsion vial: sodium chloride, disodium hydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium chloride, water for injections.

Here, start with Thimerosal:

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/UCM096228

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25
Before you get your vaccine, here are the ingredient of the one we would get...google a few of them!

Antigen suspension vial: Thimerosal, sodium chloride, disodium hydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium chloride, water for injections. The drug substance contains trace residual amounts of egg proteins, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate and sucrose.

Adjuvant emulsion vial: sodium chloride, disodium hydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium chloride, water for injections.

Here, start with Thimerosal:

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/UCM096228

Deewar....have you ever read the side of a box of Tylenol as well or MANY, MANY OTC products available from your drugstore? There are lots of "scary" ingredients out there on the side of every day household products meant for consumption in one way or another that would creep a person out if they googled them all. Me thinks you may have injested some of those ingredients too.[:p] How many of those ingredients have you googled yourself? I agree that the "mercury preservative" has me a bit concerned as well but I am sure I have taken it in before with prior flu shots as it has been used for a number of years.

Heck....have you ever read the side of a box of Kraft Dinner, Cheerios or may other products in your cupboard? Do you have any idea of what 80% of the ingredients/preservatives/chemicals are on all sorts of packaging?

I too am of the belief that it is absolutely up to anyone as to whether they want to get the shot or not. As for me and where my job takes me, I personally will choose to get a shot as there are too many "sickies" always wandering around where I have to go for meetings. ;)

And believe me....I am not trying to start any sort of a pissing match, just pointing out a couple of things. ;) :)

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Agree its blown out of proportion although it is a nasty strain. Its just a flu strain with a household name. If they reported every flu death alot more people would be freaking out. I just got the shot because it was given to me.

Definitely is blown out of the water. Funny how the media takes things and runs with it; some time back not sure if it was Health Canada or it's equivalent in the states but they said that it should not be referred to as Swine Flu. That lasted about 2 weeks and now it varies depending on what news you are watching/reading as to what it will be called. "Swine" has a dirtier association with it and likely makes better news.

I am being "given" the shot for work as well....hence why I am getting it. Although it is "flu season" I sure am hearing about a lot more people who are getting pretty sick this year; not necessarily H1N1 but lots of 'fluey' people laid up in bed.

quote:Originally posted by Pippen

Deewar....have you ever read the side of a box of Tylenol as well or MANY, MANY OTC products available from your drugstore? There are lots of "scary" ingredients out there on the side of every day household products meant for consumption in one way or another that would creep a person out if they googled them all. Me thinks you may have injested some of those ingredients too.[:p] How many of those ingredients have you googled yourself? I agree that the "mercury preservative" has me a bit concerned as well but I am sure I have taken it in before with prior flu shots as it has been used for a number of years.

Heck....have you ever read the side of a box of Kraft Dinner, Cheerios or may other products in your cupboard? Have you ever put margarine in your body?

I too am of the belief that it is absolutely up to anyone as to whether they want to get the shot or not. As for me and where my job takes me, I personally will choose to get a shot as there are too many "sickies" always wandering around where I have to go for meetings. ;)

And believe me....I am not trying to start any sort of a pissing match, just pointing out a couple of things. ;) :)

lol, yeah, that sodium chloride really freaked me out! I don't think the comparison is quite there to cheerios - but yah, I realize there is obviously bad stuff we consume all the time....just a few key ingredients here doesn't exactly give me a warm feeling inside and we have every right to know what the government is trying to give us!

http://www.theflucase.com/index.php...ealth&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=64#12296;=en

As I said, personally for me, unless deaths go up 10 fold in the next month, I will likely take a pass....as kelly said, its not like the media glorifies the likely 40000+ annual deaths in north america from the regular flu...just the so far isolated ones from H1N1.

quote:Originally posted by Pippen

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Agree its blown out of proportion although it is a nasty strain. Its just a flu strain with a household name. If they reported every flu death alot more people would be freaking out. I just got the shot because it was given to me.

Definitely is blown out of the water. Funny how the media takes things and runs with it; some time back not sure if it was Health Canada or it's equivalent in the states but they said that it should not be referred to as Swine Flu. That lasted about 2 weeks and now it varies depending on what news you are watching/reading as to what it will be called. "Swine" has a dirtier association with it and likely makes better news.

I am being "given" the shot for work as well....hence why I am getting it. Although it is "flu season" I sure am hearing about a lot more people who are getting pretty sick this year; not necessarily H1N1 but lots of 'fluey' people laid up in bed.

x2!! I hear lots of sick people out there...non stop facebook status's saying "soo sick" etc. But I still don't know anyone who has gotten seriously ill/been so sick they had to get tested for piggy flu and tested postive.

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck

I'm in a category who is strongly recommended for vaccination.

That aside, and just for the fun of it Google Massachusetts Vaccination, and read about the law they passed in Sept, and the other 16 states considering same.

If you are told to be vacinated... $1,000/day if you don't, until you do or Jail.

If you are "deemed" by (anybody passing by) to be afflicted by anything the state deems having a "potential for pandemic", they may, without seeking any legal input confiscate your property and burn it without compensation.

This as with sars has been intentionally blown out of proportion by the media and some very determined muck-disturbers (who include the olympics in the muck-disturbing they adroidly create). No wonder the government put body bags in their care packages to a few remote areas... to keep it and other more deadly and well-known real, true-plague diseases from spreading, should somebody die from anything... There's a bag to stay protected & safe until help arrives.

Good idea until the muck-rakers and fatuous media apply their destructive talents in the name of free speech.

Maybe there is a group of swine, chickens & cows out there madly active in some barn conspiring against humankind. Just because I haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't the real guilty party of subversives whom government advisors are protecting us against.

If you remember, they even had a marching song on the radio a few years ago... "Cows with Guns..."

I have to say it was catchy, and I laughed a lot when I first heard it. That it was a call to sedition for all animals went right by me.

You can hear the song here... It's really a great tune.

http://www.cowswithguns.com/cgi-bin/home.cgi

Heard this morning that you "can" get more mercury ingested into your body from eating a tuna sandwich vs getting the H1N1 vaccination. ;)

On another side note....I am sure all of us drink water, be it tap, filtered or bottled?? "If" we are healthy we should putting anywhere from 8-12 glasses in our body per day. If you are concerned about putting certain 'chemicals' in your body in ONE flu shot you should take a look at the microorganisms, disinfectants, disinfection byproducts, organic/inorganic chemicals all found in water or that "can be" found in water. It's a pretty staggering list and obviously can vary in various water sources through out Canada and the US, but it would make you open your eyes. [:p]

Don't like knowing ingredients?
Red food dye, like that found in Gatorade, is CRUSHED UP BUGS!

'nuff said

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

quote:Originally posted by Sandman

Don't like knowing ingredients?
Red food dye, like that found in Gatorade, is CRUSHED UP BUGS!

'nuff said

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

Sandman....you may want to dig a bit further. ;) You can't believe "everything you read on the internet". :D

http://wiki.elearning.ubc.ca/Gatorade

Taken from part way through the article.

The third colour is Red 40. It is also called Allura red

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allura_Red_AC

Red AC was originally manufactured from coal tar but is now mostly made from petroleum. Despite the popular misconception, Allura Red AC is not derived from any insect, unlike the food colouring carmine which is derived from the female cochineal insect.

http://sci-toys.com/ingredients/red_40.html

http://www.google.ca/search?sourcei...TF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enCA323CA323&q=allura+red+40

Back