Gun Control in US and Canada

I guessed about 60 pages, the beat goes on!

I'll tell you something about a "regulated militia". Years ago think of it there were muskets and quite honestly you probably could stand up to the English colonies.

Now come on you do not want any US military coming after you. The US has all the firepower they need against any civil war. People seem to forget. They think well we can just rise up and take on the government. This wouldn't be done with the cops .....What are you going to stop a tank a drone? how about that big warthog flying over head. I wouldn't be surprised if NRA members have tank rockets.

People down there need to start being a little symptomatic . Its a lot of "me" and screw everyone else. You think after all the events that have happened in last 20 years everyone would have changed. So now we rae going in circles...page 46 for us and nothing has changed since that day...

http://govtslaves.info/nbc-admitted-no-assault-rifle-used-in-sandy-hook-shooting/

No assult weapon used in Sandy Hook. Who cares though ban em!

Lorne

You are really referencing a media publication from govtslaves.info? This same website is issuing "breaking news" saying there were multiple shooters at Sandy Hook. Come on Lorne. That's like posting links from the National Enquirer. Oh, did you hear, Whitney Houston was killed by drug dealers.....
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/world-exclusive-whitney-houston-murder-confidential
I thought you weren't a conspiracy theorist? You probably look pretty spiffy in a tin foil hat...... lol

... probably look pretty spiffy in a tin foil hat...... lol

From the earliest reports, through the next several days, it was noted that the madman used HANDGUNS to commit these atrocities. NOT an "assault rifle", although something "like that" was reportedly in the trunk of his car. Watch the video (as many of us did when it was originally aired). The rifle in the trunk is certainly NOT an AR-15 variant.

But, "assault rifle" captures attention, gets the dander of the Sheeple up, and makes headlines. So why bother with the truth? You get more viewers/readers by sensationalism, what's a fib or two if that serves your main purpose?

Might just want to get yourself fitted for that hat Dave :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Nog

DId you watch the videos? they are NBC videos....

If you google. "nbc admitts no assualt weapons used" you can use any of the other 500 websites that are carrying the story if you like :)

[iGn4o1Lb6L0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGn4o1Lb6L0

So if he didnt use the ar-15, or use High capacity magazines. Because as far as i know you cant buy 30 rnd clips for a handgun! All i can do is shake my head.

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
From the earliest reports, through the next several days, it was noted that the madman used HANDGUNS to commit these atrocities. NOT an "assault rifle", although something "like that" was reportedly in the trunk of his car. Watch the video (as many of us did when it was originally aired). The rifle in the trunk is certainly NOT an AR-15 variant.

But, "assault rifle" captures attention, gets the dander of the Sheeple up, and makes headlines. So why bother with the truth? You get more viewers/readers by sensationalism, what's a fib or two if that serves your main purpose?

Might just want to get yourself fitted for that hat Dave :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Nog

Sharing links of media "errors" is just as bad as the media outlets that make these "errors". You are right Nog, the media always twist the truth to serve their own needs. I don't agree with it at all. I would fully support policy that made these "errors" punishable by law.

DId you watch the videos? they are NBC videos....

If you google. "nbc admitts no assualt weapons used" you can use any of the other 500 websites that are carrying the story if you like :)

[iGn4o1Lb6L0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGn4o1Lb6L0

So if he didnt use the ar-15, or use High capacity magazines. Because as far as i know you cant buy 30 rnd clips for a handgun! All i can do is shake my head.

Lorne

Google "NBC errors". You could go on for days looking at all the errors being made by NBC and many of the other media giants. The conspiracy theory websites feed off these "errors" and use it to help build their theories. Quick question for ya Lorne, do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

Google "NBC errors". You could go on for days looking at all the errors being made by NBC and many of the other media giants. The conspiracy theory websites feed off these "errors" and use it to help build their theories. Quick question for ya Lorne, do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

Stay on topic Dave, Nice deflection.

We are talking about 1 very big ERROR in this whole debate. This incident sparked cry and outrage against one certain weapon and the high capacity magazines associated with it Which is Ar-15 and guns that "look" like them should be banned along with Magazines associated with it.

Which IMO goes to show you, like most of the time when stupidity arises it arises from less then factual information and 100% emotion based. They report it, then the sheeple follow. Where do you fit into this equation?

If NBC didnt make this error, and reported correctly, would we even be talking about the AR-15 and banning it? IMO no we wouldnt be.

Lorne

Hey HighFive:- you didn't think that a bunch of hook-chuckers on a B.C. fishing site was going to change the world did you?
It's a discussion....no law against that....yet......

Just wondering....now that Obama has passed some "limitation" laws by executive order.....what happens to all the people that have this stuff stockpiled in the basement?........are they "grandfathered in"?

Sandy Hook wasn't an "assault"...it was a "massacre"

Be careful what you wish for:- NBC has now ,unknowingly or not, shifted the focus back to handguns.
According to StatsCan and RCMP,handguns up here are the primary weapon used in fire-arm deaths.
(Except IMO maybe for Vancouver and Abbotsford....where drug gangs seem to do 98% of the shooting these days)

HighFive:- the military was much better at using muskets than Joe Average in late 1700's.

The Colonials best defense , a lot of times, was "hit and run" guerrilla tactics...which proved very effective.

It is your view, nothing wrong with it.
Guys 20 young children died here. Who cares what it was. If the bill goes in to outlaw all the assault rifles and high capacity magazines its better than doing nothing.... Who cares the fact remains there is a big problem with guns and violence in the states. Gun owners need to be flexible and not so selfish that is my view.

These automatic type killing weapons have no place but to kill people in large numbers. The AR-15 should be banned!

Stay on topic Dave, Nice deflection.

We are talking about 1 very big ERROR in this whole debate. This incident sparked cry and outrage against one certain weapon and the high capacity magazines associated with it Which is Ar-15 and guns that "look" like them should be banned along with Magazines associated with it.

Which IMO goes to show you, like most of the time when stupidity arises it arises from less then factual information and 100% emotion based. They report it, then the sheeple follow. Where do you fit into this equation?

If NBC didnt make this error, and reported correctly, would we even be talking about the AR-15 and banning it? IMO no we wouldnt be.

Lorne

I can only assume that you believe the 9/11 inside job theory to be true.

I can only assume that you believe the 9/11 inside job theory to be true.

WTF does that have to do with anything i have posted?

I believe we dont have all the facts, and its pretty hard to know forsure either way. Id like to believe it wasnt. I try not to make assumptions, usually what happens when you do you end up looking foolish and having to change the subject.

Lorne

WTF does that have to do with anything i have posted?

I believe we dont have all the facts, and its pretty hard to know forsure either way. Id like to believe it wasnt. I try not to make assumptions, usually what happens when you do you end up looking foolish and having to change the subject.

Lorne

It was a simple yes or no question....... and you're right, the question is off topic. Not trying to change the subject. This thread has jumped all over. Government conspiracies have been brought up and this is just another. Just trying to figure out where you're at regarding some of these theories. http://www.govtslaves.info ........you are the one that used this site for information on the Sandy hook shooting. I am still scratching my head regarding that post. NBC reported in error that hand guns were used in the sandy hook shootings. Why would that report cause an uproar over the AR15?

http://govtslaves.info/nbc-admitted-no-assault-rifle-used-in-sandy-hook-shooting/

No assult weapon used in Sandy Hook. Who cares though ban em!

Lorne

Lorne ... trust me he used a bush master semi auto and two other semi auto hand guns. (glock and sig?)
He left a shotgun gun in the trunk of his car and three other long guns at home.
All guns were his mothers as she was a irresponsible gun owner.
Its a very sad thing and what you are posting is disturbing.
Gil

According to official release by Connecticut police:- re Sandy Hook

Weapons found INSIDE the school:-

Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30-round clips

GLock 10mm handgun

Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Weapons found INSIDE trunk of car:-

Izhmash Canta-12 12-gauge shotgun

Lorne ... trust me he used a bush master semi auto and two other semi auto hand guns. (glock and sig?)
He left a shotgun gun in the trunk of his car and three other long guns at home.
All guns were his mothers as she was a irresponsible gun owner.
Its a very sad thing and what you are posting is disturbing.
Gil

thank you. the facts are clear. the chidren were riddled to the point of not being recognizable because of the rapid fire of the bush master. a design that well serves the military on a battle front does not need to be seen on any streets in any country of this world, plain and simple.

the problem lies in definition of 'assault' weapon. instead the tact should be 'semi-automatic' weapons. exclusions for hunting rifles and shotguns with limited magazine capacity could more easily be written into law but flirting with 'assault' weapon, while good for headlines, is not going to be definable.

i read an article that pointed out the imact of one media outlet in particular, FAUX Fantasy Network, as having a very large role in dividing my country. they went on to say that the divide is approaching that of the civil war era. it is also interesting to see that Murdoch has spoken out in favor of gun control but will not reign in his talking heads.

nothing easy about this but hopefully some begnning point will emerge. given that 85% of NRA household support universal background checks, it seems like a clear starting point is right in front of our noses.

the problem lies in definition of 'assault' weapon. instead the tact should be 'semi-automatic' weapons. exclusions for hunting rifles and shotguns with limited magazine capacity could more easily be written into law but flirting with 'assault' weapon, while good for headlines, is not going to be definable.

IM not sure its that easy! What is the difference between a semi automatic used for hunting and a semi automatic used for killing people? ZERO! The only difference is the person behind the gun. Same as handguns, same as shot guns etc.

Would this be ok?

mini-14-223-semi-auto-ranch-rifle.jpg

Because that is a semi automatic ruger .223. IT just doesnt look very "assualt"

Same calibre different look. look bad butt, but is no more deadly then the one above.

m4-11.jpg

HaloReach_M45_Tactical_Shotgun.png

870+before.jpg

How bout these 2? im sure you would be willing to ban the top one( although as far as function and "killing power") they are identical?

Lorne

Apparently the shotgun is a military assault weapon...as they used it extensively in Asia and VietNam back then.

Just because you lived in the states in 1776 didn't give you the right to bear arms by default.

Blacks/slaves held no legal rights whatsoever, were not "citizens" and remaimed that way until the 14th Amendment of 1868.

Native Indians were not U.S Citizens and remained that way until the 1831 Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek when the Mississipi Choctaw voluntarily applied.

Today , illegal aliens are not "citizens" and those that live in the U,S, for whatever reason without taking out "citizenship" are not citizens.

The issue of who was a citizen and who wasn't got really complicated when plantation/slave owners started banging the slave women and producing mixed-race children.

It also depended on where you lived in the "USA" in 1776 as to whether the "right to bear arms" as decreed by the 13 colonies had any effect on you since much of America was held by French, Spanish, Native and other countries claims, who went by their own rules and were not effectively "citizens" in subject to the "USA".

Back