GO-CANADA!

quote:Brodeur is looking shakey

no--- he sucked

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Lou should have played. His home team crowd, his own rink etc.

Marty looks out of it, in both games.

Lou will now carry the team.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

agree sitka - given the fact that tonight wasn't elimination, they should have started lou to see how he'd perform - now they have to either change it up or be stubborn and stick with same ol next game when it really counts. Couch coaching here, they screwed up - check the stats of our 3 goalies lately - Luongo is doing much better than the others - I have both Lou and Brodeur in my pools, and while Lou isn't getting many wins lately, at least his other categories are solid - Brodeur has just plain sucked and if you look at MA Fleury, he isn't any great shakes either.

Time to pass the torch cause if we were to lose with lou, at least Vancouverites can't give them hell and destroy the city..lol

Canada's team is up **** creek without a paddle!! To many player's playing with no heart!!

... Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Yanks deserved that one - good on Burke! Hope it helps him through his grieving process...

Too many turn-overs, not enough hitting, not shooting enough, and not enough charging the front of the net.

Where was Iginla? Seems he's being benched a lot.

Kesler and the boys will eat us alive if we don't start to play as a team with a heart.

Losing this one was a good thing. They'll get another game to try to gel some.

Don't know why Lou didn't get the call. He's better under pressure.

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Weird game... especially those 3 breakaways in 20 seconds and that awsome empty net goal! Now at least they have a reason to start lou instead of martin. Hopefully its a wakeup call and gets them going for the push to the end. The streets of van were awful quiet after the game.

lou is confirmed against Germany - yah...now just give the young D the ice time and we have a shot. We DID outplay US in a big way, we just got screwed by breakdowns in the defensive zone.

Followup (story has changed now to rumor only). Lets not be stupid now Babcock. Keep Brodeur and you lose, Vancouverites burn down the city, put in Luongo and lose, at least you 'tried' something different. No brainer in my books.

Im a little concerned about Lou he shat the bed last yr in the playoffs is he ready? Fleury proved himself last yr hes good under pressure Im not a fan of Fleury and Im pretty sure he wont get a start but I would prefer him over Louy. Agree on the Igilna thing where was he last game not much ice and Crosby was invisible also except for the 1 goal which I guess is what hes there for. And Jackel your right Pronger shouldnt be there!

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

Yeah Seringeti I watched that too. Not a figure-skating fan at all but couldn't help being blown away at how graceful those two were under what had to be unfathomable pressure.

Good on'em!

Takes some of the sting out of getting 'whacked' by the Yanks.

'GO-LOUIE!'

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

If Louie plays well today i hope he gets the start against Russia.Brodeur looked lost on Sunday probably from playing too much this season.I also wouldnt have a problem with Fleury.Remember last years cup finals.GO CAAANADA

I don't know Deewar, yeah Canada had more shots on goal than US but were most of those shots really that dangerous? I felt the Canadian game was quite uninspired and showed little imagination and skill. Miller mades lots of saves but quite many easy saves at that. Yes, they wanted to win but just couldn't beat their heads through the wall. That won't be enough to carry on against skilled teams. Maybe not even enough against the Germans who are very similar to the Swiss. And we all know how well that went.

quote:Originally posted by chris73

I don't know Deewar, yeah Canada had more shots on goal than US but were most of those shots really that dangerous? I felt the Canadian game was quite uninspired and showed little imagination and skill. Miller mades lots of saves but quite many easy saves at that. Yes, they wanted to win but just couldn't beat their heads through the wall. That won't be enough to carry on against skilled teams. Maybe not even enough against the Germans who are very similar to the Swiss. And we all know how well that went.

I Agree!

dream on chris if you think your boys are going to beat us....:D

Back to Lou thou - Babcock has now confirmed he stays in throughout now - good to see. Comparing the goalies in general - thats pretty tough - ask yourself this, how do you think Luongo would do if he was the Pittsburgh goalie with all their offense over the years? How do you think Fleury would do if he was in Vancouver that has suffered from only 1 good line over the last several years? Don't forget Luongo probably had one of the most incredible playoff series against the Ducks a few years ago and almost beat them himself with absolutely no offensive support.

Fact is, last couple months, Luongo has been the better goalie of the 3 statistics wise (go check!) He knows that rink, its what the fans want and demand, it would be suicide to think of doing anything else. Its a definite battle to go all the way no question, but this was needed to at least say we tried all we can. Now lets just hope Pronger and Neider see alot of bench time! Got a shot then!

Bergeron over Carter - still scratching my head on that one thou!

You might be right on with you scientific analysis Deewar but that's not the explanation for their lacking performance. Neither Brodeur nor Pronger are the single reason for the last two game results. Why are they choking like so many Canadian top rated athletes during these games? And why did many medals come from fairly young and unknown Canadian athletes? It's not that the Canadian hockey team does not have skilled players. The pressure the media hype and the whole country has put on them is huge! Only gold counts! Well, look at the czech hockey team: almost all of their players are top NHL performers too. Same with russia, sweden, finland and US; and even the swiss, slovaks and germans have some top players in their ranks. If you expect Canada to walk right over them like the women do in their world then wake up. To expect nothing but gold against all that competition is an absolutely unjustified pressure. Any of those top teams should be glad to even make the semifinal. And until this country realizes that and is willing to let up this pressure on those boys they will likely go on under achieving and become a victim of its own countrymen's love. Let them have some fun and enjoy the game and tournament and they will likely produce stunning hockey performances. I can tell you that because I have a little more objective perspective on those things. I have watched more soccer in the old world many years ago and it used to be that either Brazil, Argentina, Germany or Italy or England made out the medal ranks in the worldcup. There was a huge gap to all other nations. For the last 15 years now it is a struggle for all top teams as the other nations have caught up and meet them at eye level. England celebrated it as a huge success that they even qualified for the world cup this year - and it used to be THEIR game. Watch them do well as England learnt to not expect too much anymore of their team. Time to wake up Canada.

check page 1 of this thread - i said I was concerned about our chances against russia even before this started - I'm realistic - sure it would be nice and we do have the calibre of players to win the whole thing, but as you say, its anyones game any given year in the mens hockey.

No question there is the home town pressure - but that would be the case for the host country in every games. Just part of it. Just need to let the younger guys take over as the old guys have nothing to prove anymore, and it has shown so far!

Careful on the choking part as well - many would take exception to that. All you are doing is repeating what the media is saying based on initial unrealistic expectation. There are many personal best out there on the canadian side, and hell, we are now only 1 gold off the highest total. Hardly a failure, media just likes to emphasize the bad and too many of us take the bait.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but I think Chris makes excellent points. Way too much expectation. Canada's hockey dominance is nowhere what it was, and I think there's something close to parity in the top 5 or 6 now. That means any team can win on any given night, with a combination of harder work, the right players having a great game (hot goalie), and sheer luck.

That's something that bugs me in NHL too, where if you don't win, you must have screwed up....the blame game starts. Sometimes you got bad bounces, sometimes the other team just played better....you can lose while still playing your best game. And you can hold your head up after if you gave all you had, even if you didn't win.

So, GO CANADA! We're behind the boys in red all the way, win or lose! [but much much MUCH better if they win...:D]

They should of let Nash take the penalty shot! If he scored that would have really got the team goin.......Looooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:D

Agree the should have let Nash take the PS he deserved it. Still concerned about our goaltending though Russia will be a different game.Sure is exciting to watch though and looking forward to tomorrow night!!! Bring it on Boys!!!

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

Back