First real hog of the year!

That's a beauty 75lb fish!
Get over it guys.
Congrats and request for the story of catching it is all that should be said.

Pick me next Trevor!!!

Tips

That makes alot of the earlier posters look like idiots ahahahah... Next time wait for a few more pics before shooting your mouth off, especially for the ones making comments that have never seen a fish in the 70's!!! Nice fish Barbsy, Trev and Butchy!!

That's a beauty 75lb fish!
Get over it guys.
Congrats and request for the story of catching it is all that should be said.

Pick me next Trevor!!!

Tips

Me too!! Pretty impressive..BTW WTF is long arming? I must not be in the know for the term... Kinda of a stupid saying...

Last edited by a moderator:
Long arming... Holding your fish out as far as possible away from your body to make it appear bigger in the photo.

You gotta be the hulk to long arm a 75 lbr!!!

At the measurements posted above I calculate 76lbs and change so perhaps the fish is under estimated. GREAT FISH! I'm amazed how great it looks a lot of hogs I've seen in the past are right ugly!

There's a bigger one out there... Whose gunna get it?

Those are wicked pics....using the standard formula of (LxG^2)/800 it comes out to slightly less than what it weighed on the scale. Nice to know how close the formula can be! I bet Rob and crew were SH**Ting Bricks for the whole fight.

Always interesting how the different races of Chinook have such different body shapes.

I checked just now and the 61 1/2 pound Tyee caught here last year was 50 1/2 inches long and 30 1/2 inches in girth, much less than those short stubby fish from Rivers Inlet girthwise. Being nearly as long and with a much larger girth 75 lbs seems reasonable enough.

The problem is the first pic of this thread makes the fish appear quite short, hence the initial skepticism methinks.

Heckuva fish regardless!!

Well done.

Take care.

Awfully funny reading this thread after talking about it with Rob last night... photos of fish can be so misleading. I was there and it was a massive fish in awesome condition.

why does most peaople on this forum never believe anybody, If he say its 75 lds it is, why would he lie. Looks like it to me.

Stop bickering and recognize the fish for what it is. Outstanding. I personally do not care if its 50, 60, 70 or 75. Trolled many miles and have yet to get bigger than 50. Thats a great fish and the angler did all things right to land it. Good job no matter where you were. BZ

HM

Back