ECVI French creek-Nanoose-nanaimo reports

Hey Kelly, just in and nothing to report. We fished Ballenas for an hour and got bored(it was blowing like a ******* and we could'nt nip outside). We blasted over to sangster and were the only boat, apparently for good reason. we released three 5lb springs all caught at 55ft. I was at 140 and got skunked! Maybe morning is better, I don't have to work till noon so maybe I'll try the early bite. Let you know.

Good luck i wont be fishing for 10 days im going away. I was heading down to the marina for a fish this evening but turned around as it was still blowin 30kmh. tight lines

Keep the good news coming. I cant get out until thursday, so hopefully all these fish will stick around till then. Anyway hope the fishing stays like it has been.
:)

Kelly what you hitting these springs on need to know as they should be moving this way soon for some action out at the mile markers...?? hit em back bro

most my fish have been on copcars, but the green glow hootchie has been good too

Lost one to a seal this am by Gerald. Snapped my rod as well. Cop Car 4.0 @ 150. Most boats seemed to be having the same problem.

Geralds got way to many seals they drive everyone nuts. Coppermoon you out of schooner? bigguns its the normal size i think its 4 or 4.5 one of those.

Kelly I am out of Schooner. I fish out of my dingy, a 10' zodiac, on calm days. A while back I got a 19 lber. same place. No seals bothered anyone that day.

Just in from Ballenas with limit, 12&13lb springs. Was a great morning, got them on my first(and only) pass off the north end. That's two limits in three days, what the heck is going on? Guess we should enjoy it while we can. Can't wait til thurs. when the prawn guys are done so I can restock the freezer.

Looks to me like Kelly has nearly enough salmon in his freezer to feed himself and a small army for the year! :)

Have most people been having the same luck fishing the evening bite as well?

Did anyone get out today. I fished Gerald and Belenas from about 5 pm till about 9. Not even a sniff. Didnt see anyone else out there either. Anyone else have anymore luck.?

My buddy was at Sangster for the morning bite and only got a few small ones. I guess there was about 8 boats there, pretty busy for a wed. morning.

went out, fished thrasher 4 til 7.
had to come in early though, due to limits.;)
got 4 springs, two 12s, a 20 and a 25 lbs white.
the white spring was the best fight i've ever had.
threw back an 8, and lost a teener because the hook came off the coyote[xx(]
my copcar and green and white spoons are thrashed.

Hell of a fun nite

Back