ECVI French creek-Nanoose-nanaimo reports

I know how good fishing can and cant be around here.
i'll believe what you say RVP, anyone who doesnt doesnt need to say a word.

"coated chartuse yellow and glow in the dark"
RVP, what are you using for paint for the glow in the dark?
Just curious.

Went out for the first time ever in this area. Fished only for about a hour around Gerold last night. Released three lings, but no salmon hits. There were a few fish showing deep, but could not spot any bait.
We have to fish a lot deeper on the East side of the Island than what I am used to on the West.
However, it was a gorgeous night, and it was the first time my wife has fished with me in 30 years.

oggidog it seems to be really hit or miss. Im in van till monday but after that i should log some serious time on the chuck. Since nobody has been postin pics ill add a few from the last few trips.
boat1.jpg

Shaker
boat2.jpg

This is the scenario we have hit all our fish in on the bottom.
boat3.jpg

Danm seals this is all we got back
boat4.jpg

Dont see porpises that often around here.

Fished Nanaimo for a few hours tonight with no luck. started at the fingers and then in closer at Neck point. Going out again in the morning for another try.

Fished 4 rods from 7am till 2pm with 1 hit. Started at the Brickyard and then the fingers. Lots of weeds and not much bait[}:)]. Beauty day on the water though. Got 4 nice crabs for dinner at least. Anyone else have any luck today?

Oooohhhhhh, don't use the "w" word!!!

Know it's on it's way but so far we haven't had ANY on the lines. Do not want to hear that it's on it's way [|)]

Also don't want to read about any LMJ or Woofie posts.

Fishing is so peaceful this time of year before the trifector show up and start making false releases, line clearing and tooth/spin dodging regular activities [V]

Fished off French Creek for a few hours Saturday.

Released one legalish and one really small one. Missed another good whack.

Only saw one seal, but the weeds are getting brutal.

i fished thrasher today. NOTHING[xx(]
one good hit but didnt stay on. The bloom has made fishing the inside like fishing in tomatoe soup

went out on saturday fished neck piont in the morning then the fingers then the light house then thrasher there was about 5 boats there dropped the gear and a nice teen right off the bat

DSC01512-1.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

hour or so later brought another teen to the boat and a good hit at the same time .No picture . talked to a couple people out there and they both had a couple fish.sure was hurting that night!

DSC01519.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

Hey Saltybeaver, is that Lucky Lager I am seeing..... new to the Coast but love it! Nice pics, Seawolf 1 (not the Original)

Talked to a few freinds that ran over to sangster and said it was dead. Seems like a lull in the action from the last month. Ill wait till thursday when the tides are in favour of an afterschool fish.

Nice work Salty, obviously the only choice in cooly's. Keep in touch, got a fresh Barkley report tonight. cheers-dirty

Got out for the afternoon bite and wish i hadnt. 40km h + winds meant i could only fish one tiny sheltered area off mistaken. It sucked i tried fishing 2 rods by myself off the manuals and it was hell. Got blown everywhere and even managed to get blown into a prawn trap that was a tangle but got all gear back. Then fished one rod and still managed to snag up and break my rig off. [xx(] the only upside is that i saw alot of fish had been caught on the weekend unlike most reports i had seen. between 2 and 3 fish for a few guys and most 14-20lbs.

anything coming in rite now?
kelly have u been out lately?

No its been freakin windy here. 15-25kts and i dont feel like fishing in that by myself in a 14fter. Gonna fish hard 4-9pm tommorow weather gods permitting. forcast looks good light winds in the afternoon.
Ready for seals this time. slingshot with frozen paintballs and some rocks

Fished hard and it had ups and downs. Danm i have lost alot of gear its driving me nuts. Lost cannonbal to nick in cabel, flasher combo to bottom ect.Fishing was ok. Three of us out there one guy got sealed one got a fish in the teens and i got an small guy about 7lbs. All on coyotes in the 8 hours over the past bit weve had 5 on coyotes and zero on hootchies. Tried army truck and lemon glow. Fished on bottom in 160-170 feet
Good luck ill be fishing hard saturday morning and night. Tides are lookin prime

wind kept me quite this weekend. went out this morning by myself fished one rod. Things looked great nice weather, toooons of bait but no salmon..... Trolled back and forth through bait for 4 hours during bite and nothing. Did see another guy hit a fish though about 12lbs at 130ft. i was fishing 170 mostly. Not sure when ill get out next im broke from buying new gear. Prob later this week or weekend[V]

Back