ECVI French creek-Nanoose-nanaimo reports

Got out yesterdy morning and fished the fingers and the reefs off shack island for five hours.Only had one hit.Not much bait around either.When we launched at 7 am there was not another vehicle parked at the ramp.I have never seen that patking lot empty even in winter.

ok..enough bitching about fish farms and the global economy...how about some fishing?!? I'm heading out to the Grande after work tomorrow...low slack around 5:30...hope to see some of you out there. If you're in the area, and see a green and white SeaRay bowrider that doesn't look anything like a fishing boat...swing by and I'll toss you an ice cold Kokanee :).

hey i might just see you out there, depends how thrasher is treating us.

you in for the silva bay derby this weekend?

Post a report of how your night goes. I'll be there for the derby. Looks like it might be a little wet. Good luck. Hope to see you out for the derby.

Those fish I was into last season have shown up off French Creek this week.

My buddy has been out two nights this week and nailed fish both nights. They have all been white springs.

Out at the 220 contour fishing about 180 feet down. Hoochie show!

osama what type of hootchie? im fishing just south and cant touch a fish on a hootchie. I switched over to just cop cars as they have been killin everything else. Tried to get out last night but it was ugly so i turned around and didnt bother. ill try again tonight

June2007006.jpg

2 hours at the Grande this afternoon...just about ready to call it quits and bam (18 lbs)...the best pound for pound fight I can remember.
100' with CopCar and green/glow flasher about 100 feet from the cliffs in 130' of water.

Can't make it to the derby this weekend...my Honey-Do list for this summer includes building a house...good luck to all that enter.

Nice fish Backatit. Thanks for the report. Good to hear there's fish being caught. Hopefully we can put a few in the boat this weekend.

friend got a 23 and 16 yesterday. he ran over to sangster but it was rough so he fished lasqueiti. im going out with him tommorow and well run across

got sealed today[}:)]
but landed a 13 before 7 am this morning.
thus far only 5 fish weighed in at the dock.
12, 13, 14, 16, 18

The last two days of enviro Can's 5-15 SE predications have been a wee bit off as we topped 50kph both days according to our weather station on the roof of the Resort - wind was blowing so hard I was getting false releases on the downwind tack I was surfing along so fast. May have to experiment with some other release clips than the Scotty two position clothes-pin style if this wind keeps up all summer.....

I use the scotty powergrip. tons of hold. I had to do a 5 hour sail head into close to 25kts thurs afternoon. These winds forcast are tickin me off. Twice ive had to turn around going to my spot this weeek.

Yeah, I'm using the powergrips too but they seem to loose their grip over time. Think the plastic relaxes after a few months. Think I might start putting them in the lighter position when I'm not using them then clicking them to the heavier position for use.... but if I do that I know I'm going to forget on the first set and get a false release then have to bring them up again......

Have you ever tried doubling up the line in the clip. It works for me when I need more holding power.

word is biggest fish is over 20.
the winds were nasty, it was really nice at 4:30 this morning though;)

Limited out this morning. Good fishin with lots of action. Five mins after lines are down bam 8lb spring we released it. 30 Min lull in the action and bang we hit a nice fish and get it in the boat. Almost an hour of nothing then it got nuts. Hit two fish in 20 min barely had time to get gear down. Both mid teens. Then lost one nice fish around 20 at the boat after it wrapped around the rigger cable that was only 6 inches in the water. *#$. rods back down and loose another mid teens fish at the boat. spit the hook. Another 30 min break and we hit another nice fish and call it a day with our limit. all 7-9:30am. Fished sangster. Every single fish except one was caught on one rod even though both were at same depth with same gear..... go figure 160ft cop car. Ill give it another go tommorow morning. UGLY RIDE HOME! 6-7ft crap .pics to come

6-7 ft chop in a 14' boat must've been fun[:0]. You fishing the south end of Sangster? I haven't been over there in probably 10 years...sounds like it might be worth the trip.

sounds like an unreal time kelly,its been a long time since i have heard of that many fish caught in one day, well done, hopefully its a good sign for things to come. Maybe that area is getting back to its old ways.

Back