Cheap accomendations in Ukee

Peterman

Just wondering if there is such a thing as a cheap place to stay in Ukee... Mid-Week specials? Hotels? B&B's?, doesnt need to be fancy just clean...
Few guys, while we fish for a few days..

Thanks

Island West in a tent in the parking lot, as close to the grease dumpster as you can get. You need wheels from RV's going by your head a couple of feet away, dust from trucks, crumby music and stale cigarette smoke coming from the bar, then you know you're slumming just enough to make you want to get out of your tent at 4 AM (because hey, it just gets worse at 5 AM)--

And then you're off in your boat, sucking down coffee as you head through Carolina Channel or Alpha Passage, on your way to Nooky Heaven out on theNooky Super Highway, about 30 minutes ahead of the Uke flotilla (thanking the Lord that you didn't get too comfortable in your feather bed motel where you would of crawled out of that way-too-comfortable bed at 6 AM and by then, would have been eating the flotilla's fumes and getting your coffee rocked to hell by their rooster tail wakes....

I had a guy once tell me (he was a fish-catching machine): ..."don't ever get too comfortable when you fish, and always stay a little hungry-- you'll catch more...."

Last edited by a moderator:
Island West in a tent in the parking lot, as close to the grease dumpster as you can get. You need wheels from RV's going by your head a couple of feet away, dust from trucks, crumby music and stale cigarette smoke coming from the bar, then you know you're slumming just enough to make you want to get out of your tent at 4 AM (because hey, it just gets worse at 5 AM)--

And then you're off in your boat, sucking down coffee as you head through Carolina Channel or Alpha Passage, on your way to Nooky Heaven out on theNooky Super Highway, about 30 minutes ahead of the Uke flotilla (thanking the Lord that you didn't get too comfortable in your feather bed motel where you would of crawled out of that way-too-comfortable bed at 6 AM and by then, would have been eating the flotilla's fumes and getting your coffee rocked to hell by their rooster tail wakes....

I had a guy once tell me (he was a fish-catching machine): ..."don't ever get too comfortable when you fish, and always stay a little hungry-- you'll catch more...."

Haha, that is funny sharphooks! Just be aware that staying close to the grease dumpster may earn you some visits from this guy. Don't ask me how I know :D

IMG_6618.jpg

the rooms arent bad though take one of those gizmos for coffee that your pour over the cup and some filters - cuz the machine only makes a shot glass of coffee we were the only guys there last weekend theres another place thats nicer right beside it but its 130 bucks i think island west was 69 or 75 without moorage

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice... we set up a tent a couple years ago up top in the parking lot... blowing so hard even a 15pack in each corner could hold down the tent...lol...

Ill check into a couple of those...

Thanks.

Back