Central Coast - Bottom Fish

Chuck

Will be in the Central Coast area in a few weeks. Hakai to Milbanke. Are there any areas where we can get into Halibut or Lings?
Have spent time up there but never went after bottom fish.

Thanks,

Well no bottom fish in the area? Either it's really tough or really good!!

Last edited:
Well no bottom fish in the area? Either it's really tough or really good!!
I too will be there in about 3 weeks .Emmaline(spelling?) banks in Milbanke sound will get you some hali's.Just outside St.Johns harbour by the red can is a big kelp bed that holds lings and you have the chance at a BIG salmon fishing Cheney point to Cape Mark ....Good luck.

Stiknfish

You guys realize now the whole world knows ? You don't have to be a member to view the site. Probably why nobody has responded. Private message is much better imo.

You guys realize now the whole world knows ? You don't have to be a member to view the site. Probably why nobody has responded. Private message is much better imo.

FS, I do agree with your comment, and PM is the way to answer the question although you do realize where Milbanke Sound is? (I'm sure you do) I don't think we really need to worry about the masses heading to mentioned locations anytime soon.

Good Ling fishing on Rempstone Rocks just south of Cape Mark don't go too far south though or you'll be in an RCA.

You guys do realize that the locations posted are also on the lodges websites that fish the area . Before west coast resorts left the area they had a map on their site showing exact locations so I don't think posting here is going to ruin the fishery .

You guys do realize that the locations posted are also on the lodges websites that fish the area . Before west coast resorts left the area they had a map on their site showing exact locations so I don't think posting here is going to ruin the fishery .

That's right I forgot about that little bit of information..

LOL... Well you might think so!!

Back