Canucks 2021 Season

It's a feel good gutsy win for the Canuck fans, the Leaf fans will call it a sympathy win. LOL. Kidding aside very satisfying win for the team with all that's going on. Holtby, best performance of the season, resilience throughout the makeshift line up. Horvat outstanding. Myers, Hamonic and Hughes honourable mention. Possible Edler suspension I suspect for the knee on knee.

Lots of Canucks energy tonight. Maybe just maybe they have a shot. Who knows I doubt it but the Leafs better get their goaltending in order. Chatfield was having a real tough game as such was benched. Marner seemed to spent the whole night whining about everything.

Virtanen put on leave by the Canucks today after learning of sexual misconduct investigation. well this should be a final nail in his coffin and could make him an untouchable for any team depending what comes out of this. maybe chicago will take him, lol.

I don't understand why they aren't playing more rookies at this point and why sit Juolevi, maybe sit that little **** Hughes out for a game, maybe he'll understand better that he's a d man. At least we shouldn't have to pay him what he would've gotten if he'd continued to improve his overall game from last year. I want to see Rathbone in the lineup.

As for Virtanen, let the courts decide either way, personally I was already done with him as a player. Waste of a disappointing high end pick whom had every opportunity to succeed. Probably will now lose Holtby in the upcoming EX draft. I am ok with that.

Yup, play the young guys, get a small sample of what they can bring at this level especially Lind, OJ and Rathbone.
Hughes unfortunately is spent and with his confidence strained ease up on his ice time as he is one major talent.
The good thing his upcoming contract is going to take a hit.

I am really disappointed in JB as originally I felt he would be bring the Boston model and instead we have a soft, passive team that requires another major overhaul. Fortunate there are no fans in the seats but let's face it COVD 19 really took a toll on the season.
I am not sure about Green as I kinda like him but the other two plan and simple need to be replaced as the overall system is so predictable.

certain teams always seem to be good. the same teams. As of today Pittsburgh is number one in the east. the secret? good drafting and not throwing in a prospect to sweeten the deal on a trade. Gillis traded away all the prospects in an attempt to win now. Benning makes a trade and throws in a pick. The Toffoli non signing was the final nail in the coffin for me as far as Benni g is concerned.

Virtanen is a complete bust and i hope canucks can get away from his contract

Brian Burke believes in the Pittsburgh model.

Cheers!

Ukee
Pittsburg's GM Rutherford must have been doing something right as overall over the last years they have very few 1st round draft picks. Player development, prudent moves, a little luck and good coaching is what it took.
But let's face it, 3 years in a row from 2003, Fluery, Malkin, Crosby first overall and then Staal 2nd overall set the foundation. As we know the Canucks never first overall and so of late we can only thank the Oilers for that. Look what Linden brought to the team in the 90's.
Would have loved ownership to pony up and grab Hextall and Burke to right the organization to make the tough,right decisions to once and for all squash the mediocrity. Canucks were respectable with both Quinn and Burke, other than that blah. LOL

Things are heating up as the flagship Rangers fined $250k by our boy Mr. Bettman for comments directed at George Parros's credibility. NYR fire their President, GM, unrelated apparently, right,and lose their #1 best player. Wilson fined a ridiculous 5k and now the NHL circus of yes men as fuelled the fire. Will be interesting what Mr. Maclean has to say this Saturday on HNC. Most likely what the Leafs Matthews had for breakfast. Can't even imagine If this happened to the Leafs and it if was Matthews who got injured.
The good thing the Canucks now have a prominent ally in their court.

Elliot Friedman said comparatively speaking with his contract, the fine Wilson received is the equivalent of a mcdonald’s employee having to pay $17 from his cheque.

i have always said they should rate the suspension time based on the injury the other player receives. Planarian gone for the season? so should wilson...

What happened to the Canucks last night? they had a nice "tank" going on, were perhaps going to finish 28th overall, which might get them the 4th or 5th overall Pick, only behind Buffalo, Anaheim, Seattle and maybe Columbus. They need to get back in the loss column!
Koskinen couldn’t stop a beachball ! i agree they need to just count this season as a doomed season and get the best pick possible. nice to see Rathbone get one

Agree big time with RB and PEF. Never been a tanker but as a Canuck fan I need that #1 overall pick because for good reason the team deserves it with all that has happened this year and forever. Who am I kidding.lol
I like Rathbone as well, just wish he was huge, mean and cantankerous so as to put a licking on that Nurse. Have you noticed how much McJesus is adding a mean streak to his repertoire. Preparing for the playoffs against Winnipeg I guess.

one game suspension for MacEwen. what a complete joke. Nurse tried his hardest to cut Mac in half with his stick and nothing.
i swear Rogers arena is built on a cursed FN village or something

both Rathbone and Graovac look pretty decent, Graovac led the team in sog and hits with under 10 minutes of ice time, Rathbone was a +2 on the game in a loss with under 12 min ice time. both look like contenders to make the team next year, looks like maybe they've given up on Juolevi. At least they are getting a chance to have a look at all the late season pickups. I'm not a fan of Rathbones gold chain, he needs to lose it, haha.

Last edited:
Good loss tonight, Canucks can afford one more win or 2 overtime losses out of the last 4 games and not lose a draft position! If they get 4 points they lose 4 draft positions falling from 4th to 8th!

Ahh yes ....our boys in blue; faced with nothing left to play for will somehow win out the rest of our season, dropping us out of contention for a high pick.

they did this a few years back, i believe it was the Matthews Laine draft year. if they would have just lost the last four games , their draft percentage would have guaranteed them at least top three pick. but instead they went into California road trip and beat them all.

Canucks gonna “canuck”

No "tanks" by Demko. Darn. Oilers on cruise and it showed. Other than the Canucks ridiculous schedule a stat that is really glaring is the Canucks defence so far has not scored a PP goal this season. Only team in the league with that honour. Predictable or what, goodbye Newell Brown and others I would think.

Last edited:
Ahh yes ....our boys in blue; faced with nothing left to play for will somehow win out the rest of our season, dropping us out of contention for a high pick.

they did this a few years back, i believe it was the Matthews Laine draft year. if they would have just lost the last four games , their draft percentage would have guaranteed them at least top three pick. but instead they went into California road trip and beat them all.

Canucks gonna “canuck”
Haha, looks like you called it, they decided yesterday to go full on "Canuck"!

Back