Canucks: 2011/2012

Come on Bieska almost got into a fight..then he realized he was -2 on the night and being in the box for the third wouldn't look good.

how pathetic is hansen? i saw 2 turnovers tonight end up in their net, get him outta here, no hitting!!! beska back to old (stupid) trying to do everything, in way over his head. to many pussys, no hitting!!! dam it im going to puke again!!!!!!

Lose your remote? Just change that channel and it's alllllllll good.

So I watched the game last night and I would say it was a team effort to loose. The canucks are currently playing to not loose instead of coming out hard and scaring the other team. Maybe we need to play the sh*t hawks to get going a bit....

To Follow up to my post yeasterday about trading Lou, let me clarify by first saying that Lou can be the best in the league. The year he came hear night after night he stole the game for us. Face it our team had no reason to make the playoffs that year besides Lou. I remember hearing interviews prior to playing the nucks and guys would say it will be a tough night with Lou in net. My only issue is almost every game there is a bad goal. I am not saying that he does not make a great save every game also. Somewhere Lou has lost his way. I feel it is upstairs in his head. Lou wants to win and play for a winner BUT I feel he has trouble playing in a hockey mecca like Vancouver. In Tampa no one would know him hence the fit.

So onto the trade talks again.

Lou to Tampa for Steve Downie, Mathieu Garon and a 1st (this works for cap reasons )

Lou to the Devils for Zach Parise (anyone who watched the Olympics saw that Parise/Kesler line was the best line period) Also again this works cap wise

Finally Lou to Montreal for Price. I would even entertain taking on the Gomez project in exchange for the Ballard one. Hell we have the cap with Lou gone and Gomez is a pass first all the time, well Kesler and Booth are both shoot first...... If Gomez tanks waivers and eat the contract if we have too.

So onto the trade talks again.
Lou to Tampa for Steve Downie, Mathieu Garon and a 1st (this works for cap reasons )

Not sure I am so hot on this one; I am also a Flyers fan and was happy to see Downie go. I assume you are looking at Garon to "backup" Schneider; still not so hot on that idea.

Lou to the Devils for Zach Parise (anyone who watched the Olympics saw that Parise/Kesler line was the best line period) Also again this works cap wise

Great idea in theory.....but Parise is on a one year contract and he will be sought after in free agency next year; the big question is "can you" sign him for a deal that "makes sense". We've seen there are whacko contracts being offered up out there by GM's and I don't know that Gillis wants to be in that war unless he's prepared to win it at all costs. SO....there is a big gamble that you are getting a "rental" for the season in exchnage for Lou with a possibililty of having nothing to show for it after this season. ;)

Finally Lou to Montreal for Price. I would even entertain taking on the Gomez project in exchange for the Ballard one. Hell we have the cap with Lou gone and Gomez is a pass first all the time, well Kesler and Booth are both shoot first...... If Gomez tanks waivers and eat the contract if we have too

I don't mind the "first part" of this trade; although Price can be a bit of a head case too.....didn't react well to being booed in MTL which can only get worse here with this "awesome":rolleyes: fan base.

As for Gomez....I don't want that "project" for 3 more years (including this year) at a cap hit of $7.3M; I could accept it if we got him on re-entry waivers but his deal has been more of a bust than Lou's has. In this deal you are moving roughly the same cap hit back and forth with us taking on the extra $.75M but again you come to the issue of Price. He is an RFA after this year and are you prepared to offer the money to keep while you have Gomez on the books for $7.3M?

That puts your top 2 lines over the $30M threshold for next year, you've got roughly another $9M tied up next year in 5 other forwards.....you have Price AND Schneider as RFA's after this season and you've got $14M tied up in 4 defensemen (with Ballard gone); that's roughly $54M chewed up and you haven't yet signed a goalie.....things get pretty tight as that's only 15 players chewing up that $54M. You still need to fill out your roster with 2 goalies at least 2-3 more d-men and you need at least 2-3 more forwards.:eek:

So....in summation (hahahaha) I am okay with Price for Lou; but I do NOT want to take on the Gomez project "unless" we got him on re-entry and were only liable for half. Even then....I don't like the guy.

pip you make some good points.

The tampa deal was just to eat some of their cap. really unless it is stamkos I want no one from that team

the Devils thing, you have to ask your self if the nucks won the cup and then lost Parise in free agency would you be upset? I would not be. Also I would hope he would stay for less if they could repeat...

I do not like Gomez at all, I remember laughing when the Rangers gave him that contract. I know it would have to be part of the deal. But if it worked he could be deadly with Kesler. As for filling the roster next year on D we have Tanev(who should be here now) and Yann Sauve. Forwards Bring the kids on...I liked Jensen in training camp this year. Fast, big and had hands. Also like I said the first time burry Gomez in the minors if needed, the nucks can afford it with the crazy ticket prices they charge.

What the problem I see is we all expect this team to be good now all the time and when they are not we are dissapointed... Lous probelem is is head he needs to sit or lie down which he seems to do best and tlak about his problems because as soon as he lets a weak one in hes rattled and disinterested, Im sure there is an underlying issue like he wasnt breast fed long enough or his 2nd cousin was taken away from him or worse LOL LOL....
You gotta laugh .....

Wolf

Why don't you go hang with holmes.....the mosquito. :D ;) ;)

The mosquito???.... They have a purpose...
emo-coffee.gif

Same old October blues. Time to worry at the half way mark. I was calling the Nucks dead and buried at this time last year, Wrong Wrong, Wrong. If you quit fishing everytime you had a couple of poor outings we would have all sold everything by now.

not to worry... Booth is starting to look better out there, and for tonight... they get back on track with a 4-3 OT win

i think washington is gonna blow them out tonite, someone on wash is gonna get a hatrick, probably ovechkin, i'll say 6-2 or so.....oops apparently not allowed to talk down about the crapnucks,lol...holmes*

You mean like the Canes did to your boys last night?

i think washington is gonna blow them out tonite, someone on wash is gonna get a hatrick, probably ovechkin, i'll say 6-2 or so.....oops apparently not allowed to talk down about the crapnucks,lol...holmes*
I actually wouldnt mind a 'trick by him, as he is in my pool at work. However, would much rather have the 'Nucks win... mark my words, they will win, haha

That save was epic, his best of the season so far. I'll give him that.

But still 4 GA? Thats weaksauce for someone making an average of 5.33 (cap hit, actual 2011-12 $$6.716mil)

Back