Canucks: 2011/2012

ANY LUONGO FANS OUT THERE?

[g04aCp3ej-I] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I

I'm happy for Ducker.... The Coilers looked good..

Good to see AV finally pull his butt out of the net its either going to go gboth ways for Lou if he continues to play bad and AV keeps pulling him for nids he will either work harder to be better or curl up in the fetal position and die, knowing how he is he will probablly work harder and for god sakes stay in the fricken net its getting kinda thin hes got to learn that he is not a marty turco that can accually handle the puck every time he does that he puts him self out of position and zip puck in net you would think one of the coaches would say "STAY IN YOUR FRICKEN NET"
I changed the channel after seeing that ....

Wolf

Hope you are right Pippen. Lu has become a head case. Needs to see one of them sports psychos. What was all the cluster stuff behind the net on 2nd goal. He's got no business out of the net...didn't he learn anything from last seasons behind the net debacles. 3 goals on 4 shots...sick. No wonder why he broke his stick over the boards at the bench....reason enough to sit him.

Hey searun....I am no Lou fan at all; haven't been seen day 1 that he came here but at this point in the season he isn't going anywhere.

I agree that he just looks completely out of place some nights between the pipes. Add to that....he gets rattled easy and unfortunately the guys in front of him seem to know that. In saying that though....the Nucks showed some character last season in all the games they came back to win after Lou would let in an early goal or two.

He smashed his stick as he's no doubt frustrated and I can't say I can blame him; he is struggling (as he always does in Oct) and it doesn't have your home fans having booed you in your 4th game. I do have to agree though that he had no business behind the net on that 2nd goal.

My question I haven't been able to find out is "if" he changed his goalie coach again; he did 2 seasons ago if I recall correctly..or it may have been prior to last season. He seems to be playing a bit different in the pipes and he's not doing himself any favours.

Now....given some of what has gone as of late; Vancouver defense and play in their end has not been doing him a ton of favours. Twas a nice goal by the young kids on the 2nd goal.....but who the fawk had Eberle that he was left wide open with 5 of our own players in the zone.

Thank god for Luongo though now...........everyone isn't talking about Sidney all the time anymore. :rolleyes:

The thing I am just tired of is the "trade him"....."trade him", over and over. I too would love it if we could make a deal but reading and hearing the same thing every single day is getting a bit tired. Given his history of slow starts I wouldn't bank on that happening anytime soon; and given his contract it's going to be a TOUGH one to move. I am just being a realist as a hockey fan......let's all just agree he has NOT been on his game at all this season but if he turns it around and the Nucks gone on a hot streak like last year everyone is going to be loving LOUUUUU.

I like Schneider as much as anyone but can he handle playing 60+++ games in a season; given we may not really have anyone in our system to back him up. Eddie Lack....or Climie who has played something like 6 games at the NHL level? ;)

All I am saying is listening to all of the "haters"......don't hold your breath for a blockbuster trade this early in the season; and given his contract....don't hold your breath period.

thx Ripper : )

Cantnucks vs Oilers are always interesting...

fd

And yes Ducker.....I agree with Lippy; your team is coming around quite nicely; pretty fast and exciting to watch. Do you guys have any Goalie prospects.....I know Nikolai is playing better thus far this year but he is 38.

A bit more depth at D....and you guys will be in good shape.

I was saying after the third goal "pull the goalie....or fire the coach!!!" AV must be getting nervous because he is listening to me. Was totally rooting for Snieds to pull the game out of the hat. He certainly did his part. Looks to me that the team has no confidence with Lou.

charlie.....I was hoping they were going to do it too (that face off with a minute or so to go).....but in saying Schneider did "his part"; well yes he did. However he did only face 8 shots in over a period and half so he wasn't really doing cartwheels "doing his part".

The Canucks are having the same start as they have had in the last 3 season.... nothing has changed....Lou is having the same start as the last 6 seasons....... Slow starters good finishers...Welcome to October...
Got to saythat it not pretty at time watching them right now...Nov. is right around the corner...my 2 bits... :)

charlie.....I was hoping they were going to do it too (that face off with a minute or so to go).....but in saying Schneider did "his part"; well yes he did. However he did only face 8 shots in over a period and half so he wasn't really doing cartwheels "doing his part".

He made the big save when required. The team seems to play with more confidence when he is in the net. Lou needs to see a shrink to get his head on straight. I say let Snieds run with it and see what he can do for the next five games or so.

He made the big save when required. The team seems to play with more confidence when he is in the net. Lou needs to see a shrink to get his head on straight. I say let Snieds run with it and see what he can do for the next five games or so.

They are forced to play with desparation and push the puck more so when Schneider is net because Lou has likely just been pulled and they are down a couple of goals.

I don't know if it's confidence, desperation, or in some cases feeling like crap because they've hung Lou out to dry. The Nucks as a team aside from the goalie spot have been far from a great team thus far; unfortunately it's just Lou who's taking a lot of the heat.

Look at the Rangers game....yes Lundquist played well but the Nucks also gave up I believe two 2 on 1's that resulted in goals on Lou. Add to that.....a "hot goaltender" against 2 of the highest point getters in the league is not an excuse when you fire 40 shots at a guy and nothing gets through. It tells me that your team was getting plenty of chances but also doing nothing to create traffic so as not to let the goaltender get a good look at everything coming at him.

Lou is not playing well but nor is the team; one only has to look as far as who the Nucks have managed to beat this year versus who they have lost to. Three of their wins have been 1 goal against medicore teams........and "yes" I do understand part of that is what happens in net and his ability to keep the puck out. They have been shutout twice in 9 games....not great either.

Let's face it.....with the way the Nucks have played in net, defensively and offensively.....they are playing right up to about where they are right now, which is basically a .500 team.

They are forced to play with desparation and push the puck more so when Schneider is net because Lou has likely just been pulled and they are down a couple of goals.

I don't know if it's confidence, desperation, or in some cases feeling like crap because they've hung Lou out to dry. The Nucks as a team aside from the goalie spot have been far from a great team thus far; unfortunately it's just Lou who's taking a lot of the heat.

Look at the Rangers game....yes Lundquist played well but the Nucks also gave up I believe two 2 on 1's that resulted in goals on Lou. Add to that.....a "hot goaltender" against 2 of the highest point getters in the league is not an excuse when you fire 40 shots at a guy and nothing gets through. It tells me that your team was getting plenty of chances but also doing nothing to create traffic so as not to let the goaltender get a good look at everything coming at him.

Lou is not playing well but nor is the team; one only has to look as far as who the Nucks have managed to beat this year versus who they have lost to. Three of their wins have been 1 goal against medicore teams........and "yes" I do understand part of that is what happens in net and his ability to keep the puck out. They have been shutout twice in 9 games....not great either.

Let's face it.....with the way the Nucks have played in net, defensively and offensively.....they are playing right up to about where they are right now, which is basically a .500 team.

Agree with most of that. I think that defense needs some help. Bieksa looks horrible. Salo has been pretty good offensively but everyone is making poor defensive decisions. Way too many turnovers by everyone in the defensive zone. So....no...not all Lou's fault but the goalie is expected to bail you out of those situations most of the time. Look what Fuhr did for the Oilers all those years. The team has to have confidence in their goalie when you choose to play an attack game.

Vancouver Canucks
Coach V. confirms that Cory Schneider will get the start tonight.

Watch tonight's game against the Blues at 7:00pm on RSN or Canucks.com:
:D:D
Will be interesting to see how the goalie situation plays out

I'm seeing a goalie for goalie swap before the trade deadline. Lou is not playing like a happy camper to me.:( Any trade suggestions out there in Canuckleland?;) eman

I know Stevie Y really like Lou. Another team of possible interest is the Devils due to this being the last year for Brodeur. Even better lets do a swap straight up for Price. The Canadiens need a mix up and I say bring the local boy home... my 2 cents

I know Stevie Y really like Lou. Another team of possible interest is the Devils due to this being the last year for Brodeur. Even better lets do a swap straight up for Price. The Canadiens need a mix up and I say bring the local boy home... my 2 cents

Who are you going to take on out of Tampa??? Vinny whose hit is $2.5M more than Lou and still has 9ish years on a contract to which he is being paid $10M for the next few years with a $7.7 cap hit? Lou's salary at least drops down to ~$6.5M after next season I believe....as much as Stevie make like Lou I would be surprised to see a deal happen there.

So....what are you going to take on from the Devils? Parise who is on a 1 yr deal......Kovalchuk:rolleyes:...hahahahaha.

The key thing to remember here is whether or not Schneider can handle the "starter load" of games; you need a goalie coming back no matter what you do.

The Price deal is not that bad of an idea but it puts MTL right up against the Cap with little wiggle room; plus they have almost $35 million tied up in salary for 6 players for the next 3 seasons (including this year). Not sure they'd want to make that $41.5M tied up in 7 players....and still trying to get a team on the ice. I'd take Price in that deal.....but I sure as heck don't want to take on one of their other big contracts in Gomez, Plekanec, Gionta, Calamari, Markov or Cole.

Back