Canucks: 2011/2012

True and price is also a good goalie, but its still early... lou has always sucked in october, the team being not much better. In the end of the whole thing we cant forget he was a vezina finalist, "helped" our team to the finals, and has a gold medal for our country... if he sucks in january i agree, but time will tell.

true and price is also a good goalie, but its still early... Lou has always sucked in october, the team being not much better. In the end of the whole thing we cant forget he was a vezina finalist, "helped" our team to the finals, and has a gold medal for our country... If he sucks in january i agree, but time will tell.

x2......... :)

Hey Derby< I think your a pretty cool guy but how much more waiting to see how Lou does do you have to take? I would much rather have a goalie like Cory that you and the team can count on then a goalie like Lou that you have to hope will get it together. Not the way to win the prize;) eman

Hey Derby< I think your a pretty cool guy but how much more waiting to see how Lou does do you have to take? I would much rather have a goalie like Cory that you and the team can count on then a goalie like Lou that you have to hope will get it together. Not the way to win the prize;) eman

e-Man.....the guy has played 6 games.

I here you Pipp, It's just been going on for to long now. It frustrates me as well, as there seems to be an easy fix. You can't be wondering whether your no.1 is going to get it done. You have to feel that your goalie is the best one to get it done. Giving Lou the C, was the worst thing Vancouver ever did and there still paying for it. Let him move on. Whoever suggested the Price trade was right on. He would be a great backup for Cory. Just my thoughts.;) eman

No wonder the players aren't loyal to teams anymore. They are only following the fans lead. ;)

I'm totally loyal to my Hawks. I just feel sorry when I see Canuck fans so unsure of whether there goalie is going to let them down again. It can't be a good feeling. The solution seems obvious.;) eman

Agree with you that Cory is a hot hand... Just Lou has always been a slow starter out the gate, basically the whole team has been crappy in Oct. ...I believe if the Canucks win the next 2 games it just might be there best Oct. start in the last 3 years...correct me if I'm wrong? Yes it is hard to watch the couple bad goals....but it doesn't help the goalie when your team is not scoring....I believe Boston has had only 2 games this year also where they have scored the first goal in a games .......We are seeing flashes of how good this team will be this year but I believe the good player needs to play thru it.... How long is the question?
I will be the first one to go to Cory when the whole team is playing good and Lou is losing the games...but right now its still Oct and they have 2 days to do something..Then throw him under the bus .... :) :)

Just my 2 bits...I'm still burned out from watching the play off last year...wondering how the Canucks are feeling

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that it is still early......But it is getting to the point where I am cheering for Lou to s**t the bed to force the issue. He's been around too long for my liking. Time for a fresh face.

[SIZE=-1]Final 2010-11 Regular Season[/SIZE]

WINS
Goaltender Team GP W L OTL
Carey Price MON 72 38 28 6
Roberto Luongo VAN 60 38 15 7
Cam Ward CAR 74 37 26 10

GOALS-AGAINST AVERAGE (min. 27 GP )
Goaltender Team GP GA AVG
Tim Thomas BOS 57 112 2.00
Roberto Luongo VAN 60 126 2.11
Pekka Rinne NAS 64 134 2.12
Jonathan Quick LOS 61 134 2.24

SAVE PERCENTAGE (min. 27 GP)
Goaltender Team GP GA SA SV%
Tim Thomas BOS 57 112 1811 .938
Pekka Rinne NAS 64 134 1905 .930
Roberto Luongo VAN 60 126 1753 .928
Jonas Hiller ANA 49 114 1493 .924

And you guys all think we should get rid of him? hmmmmm
Goalies always have more critics than any other player on a hockey team. Goalies are only human and will have ups and downs. If the Sedins produced in the finals, we'd be stanley cup champs. Name one player on the canucks that doesn't have hot and cold streaks?

I here you Pipp, It's just been going on for to long now. It frustrates me as well, as there seems to be an easy fix. You can't be wondering whether your no.1 is going to get it done. You have to feel that your goalie is the best one to get it done. Giving Lou the C, was the worst thing Vancouver ever did and there still paying for it. Let him move on. Whoever suggested the Price trade was right on. He would be a great backup for Cory. Just my thoughts.;) eman

The "C" has long since been gone and he helped his "team" to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Not too bad; his "wins" dropped because Schneider finally emerged as bonafied back up.

Don't put all your faith in Cory.....if the team is not playing well in front him (as they aren't right now...just like Boston) he's not gonna flourish.

No wonder the players aren't loyal to teams anymore. They are only following the fans lead. ;)

AYYYY-MENNNNNN!!!!!

It's a shame this fishing forum was not "SportfishingLakeMichigan.com" so we could all bash the Hawks all day and listen to the whinings of Hawk fans. The "whining" would have been awesome last year.....a team that went to the cup and won who eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeked into the playoffs on the last day of the season due to a loss by someone else.

They are playing like crap tonight......

Sincerely,
Never have and never will be a Lou fan

Cory has looked good tonight. Play him while he is hot. When he lets in some softies, throw Berto back in.

[SIZE=-1]Final 2010-11 Regular Season[/SIZE]

WINS
Goaltender Team GP W L OTL
Carey Price MON 72 38 28 6
Roberto Luongo VAN 60 38 15 7
Cam Ward CAR 74 37 26 10

GOALS-AGAINST AVERAGE (min. 27 GP )
Goaltender Team GP GA AVG
Tim Thomas BOS 57 112 2.00
Roberto Luongo VAN 60 126 2.11
Pekka Rinne NAS 64 134 2.12
Jonathan Quick LOS 61 134 2.24

SAVE PERCENTAGE (min. 27 GP)
Goaltender Team GP GA SA SV%
Tim Thomas BOS 57 112 1811 .938
Pekka Rinne NAS 64 134 1905 .930
Roberto Luongo VAN 60 126 1753 .928
Jonas Hiller ANA 49 114 1493 .924

And you guys all think we should get rid of him? hmmmmm
Goalies always have more critics than any other player on a hockey team. Goalies are only human and will have ups and downs. If the Sedins produced in the finals, we'd be stanley cup champs. Name one player on the canucks that doesn't have hot and cold streaks?

Last year is in the books. It is a new season for everyone. Agreed that the Nucks aren't playing well....but looking at stats if you want to, Lou's are horrible. Putting stats aside, when a goalie makes a mistake it usually cost you big time. The snow angels and inept puck handling has got to stop!!! I say sit him on the bench for a while. I am guessing that it won't take long and he will be asking to go anywhere. ***** attitude will get you no where. He needs an attidude adjustment. He is not a god.... only another flakey goalie. The best one have an even keel...never getting too high or too low....go about your business and get the job done. Not sure if Schneider has that or not....time will tell.

Boy the first games this season have been hard to watch. Canucks can't score, D is off a bit and Lou is typical October Lou. Hopefully things improve later this season. Still can't understand all the Blackhawkers on the Canuck thread. They should start up a Red Wing thread and bash the team they are actually competing against.

Lou was in the building tonight right??.....perhaps we should blame him again... :)

5 days left in Oct....... :)

how pathetic is hansen? i saw 2 turnovers tonight end up in their net, get him outta here, no hitting!!! beska back to old (stupid) trying to do everything, in way over his head. to many pussys, no hitting!!! dam it im going to puke again!!!!!!

Back