Browns Bay Chum Derby!!!!!!! 4th Year For SFBC

quote:Originally posted by fytfire

Just had two partners cancell. If anyone needs tickets I now have four extra.

E-mail sent. Friend from Campbell River is looking for some extras.

Wont be making it again this year but hopefully will make it over next year.

My Liver is feeling way too healthy and im going through Salmontini whithdrawals over here.[:p]

Good luck,stay safe and have a hoot folks.:D

I find it amazing on how many people bail on these events.

Usually it is the boat owner/organizer of the trip that gets stuck trying to flog the tickets or find somebody else to go.

Oh well, such is life. Looking forward to the weekend.

Finally...time off until Monday!!!
Fishing with Das Boot and crew for the first time.
Don't know what to use????? Get in touch with me, filling my pockets with terminal gear. Free, if you're nice, desperate or a horseman.
Two more sleeps til Friday!!!!!!!!!!

boc

Anyone have any ideas if there is any place to tie-up a 19' boat for the weekend, other than running up from CR ? there is 0 space at Browns Bay left, and a waiting list... ideas appreciated !

Hey Paul

You sound about as excited as I feel right now.

Last trip of the year for me and really looking forward to it.

I'm always up for free gear if you are giving it away. A guy can never have too much gear.

See you up there.

mark

Yup..wiped out the local shop of all the good Chum gear...
Sorry Courtenay!
I'll make up something special for just you Mark. My luck, it'll work too well!![:p]

boc

Will be there tomorrow around lunch with the other 2 boats up by dinner time.Can't wait for the fun to begin.Baddogg I'm with you,can't believe how many people bail on these events.This has to be the funnist fishing trip of the year.Great fishing,great camp sites,great times and the last trip of the year for most people.Can't wait ,see you there

Sound the GONG. Havent fished in two months cant wait to get salty!Will definatly be the highlight of my year! we will be rollin in friday morn fishin in a 17.5ft malibu. What channel is everyone gonna be on? 69?

Two more sleeps ??? You meen going to bed twice , I won't be able to SLEEP !!!! Can't wait boys see you there early fri afternoon .The pop is allready cold .[:p][:p]

Will be seeing you guys there! Bringing a couple of Buds with me.

Here's the tides for the next 3 days (Browns Bay).
Low slack first light with 8 foot flood tides.
Sunny for Saturday and Sunday.
For those launching at Browns, the ramp will be greasy at waters edge (normal) and watch out for that drop off at the end.

Who's handling the side bets? My hands are itchy and I'm feeling lucky.[:p]

2008-10-24 (Friday)
Time Height
PDT (m) (ft)
06:09 1.3 4.3
12:55 3.9 12.8
18:54 1.9 6.2

2008-10-25 (Saturday)
Time Height
PDT (m) (ft)
00:43 3.3 10.8
06:53 1.5 4.9
13:12 3.9 12.8
19:29 1.5 4.9

2008-10-26 (Sunday)
Time Height
PDT (m) (ft)
01:38 3.4 11.2
07:32 1.8 5.9
13:38 4.0 13.1
20:05 1.2 3.9

boc

I have to work tonight until 0400 hrs, so sleep will come easy, it's just going to be short.

We are back up to 3 on the boat. We started with 3, then added a rookie to make it 4, then Maytag Man Rick bailed because of his wifes birthday. After 3 years straight he bailed. Anyway, then the rookie bailed due to work committments. Come on!!!!!!

We were back down to 2, with Copper 2 who missed last year and came first the year before still onboard. We've now added another rookie so barring any last minute bailings, it is all good. It was a tad difficult with only 2 on the boat last year. Quad headers with the wind a blowing makes it a little bit trying at times.

Just finished getting the liquid supplies and prepping the boat. Copper 2 will be here in the A.M., pick up some grub, maybe some bananas, and off we go. Hope to be there sometime after noon.

Knapp Time will be heading up also with his crew around noon. That marks his 3rd straight year.

Paul, you are probably correct, no matter what you tie for me will work.

Giddyup up boys, it's time to play.

quote:Originally posted by -smtw

Anyone have any ideas if there is any place to tie-up a 19' boat for the weekend, other than running up from CR ? there is 0 space at Browns Bay left, and a waiting list... ideas appreciated !

SMTW send me an email. I have a spot at the marina and with all my crew bailing I am not attending. )Ou can have my spot by paying the moorage fee.

If anyone needs tickets I have 3 you can have.

swiggy1@telus.net

Have a fun weekend everyone!

Mark ill be pulling in around then aswell. Practice at 5am finish packin then on the road by 9-10. At least we will have high tide to launch on. Is copper 2 chris? No brewskies here i forgot you gotta be 19 here to pick em up[xx(]. Tight lines this weekend

The 3rd on my boat showed up overnight from Penticton, I guess he crashed in the camper on the truck in the driveway. Living here sure beats getting the 1045pm from Tsaw to Duke!
Hope he remembered the bagpipes as well as the cooler that he borrowed last year to take his haul home...

BlueOrca, I've talked one of RTN's teachers into coming but his crew have never tried this fishery so if you have gear to share/trade maybe see them in site 8 - ask for Murray/Nathan/Bill - they make a wicked cocktail with Appleton's and gingerbeer that you should sample.

Has a sausage party been arranged for SFBC members in the hut tonight? It would be great to see scallops again :D

Safe travels to all and see you in the tea party at Plumper or Separation tomorrow!

Roo.

Back