For Sale - No Feedback Steering

Hot-Streak

For sale - No feedback steering (no steering cable, will connect to most current cables already on the boat)

Price $200
Location Greater Victoria area

No Feedback Steering for sale. Does not come with a steering cable but should connect to most current steering cables. It is a 1 for 1 replacement for the steering mechanism on your boat, pop the wheel off, replace the steering with this No Feed Back and it will hold your steering in place and prevent the wheel from wandering when you let it go. It also prevents torque steer from pulling your wheel over when accelerating.

While fishing/trolling you can set your helm and it will hold the wheel in place to go straight OR will hold it in place if you slightly turn the wheel and won't flop over due to weight of the outboard pulling on it. A great upgrade if you don't have hydraulic steering. System is purely mechanical and doesn't require any electric power.

more info about it in link

Anyone know if this will work with a Uflex cable? Summoning @ship happens
That's a good question. The rotary helm cables internally are all the same. It's the end that goes into the helm that has had changes over the years. Just where it pops in and fastens into the helm. I seem to think the change was made about 10 ish years ago. I can't remember

I think it was the older rotary helms that had 2 bolts that kept the cable mounted in the helm. Then they went to a mushroom head shape with a pin that keeps it from popping out on its own. If it's got the pin it should work with this helm

That's a good question. The rotary helm cables internally are all the same. It's the end that goes into the helm that has had changes over the years. Just where it pops in and fastens into the helm. I seem to think the change was made about 10 ish years ago. I can't remember

I think it was the older rotary helms that had 2 bolts that kept the cable mounted in the helm. Then they went to a mushroom head shape with a pin that keeps it from popping out on its own. If it's got the pin it should work with this helm
The cable is new last year, has the single bolt that retains the cable in the helm. The helm end of the cable looks like this:

IMG_7998.jpeg

The cable is new last year, has the single bolt that retains the cable in the helm. The helm end of the cable looks like this:

View attachment 102800
If your positive it's a bolt then might not work. The new helms all have just a pin that keeps it from popping out. It's just for added safety. The new helms have a snap in style tooth that the cable goes in, pushes down the tooth and locks on the other side of the mushroom head end on the cable. But I dunno, it might work. Me not know

I replaced my cable steering a few years ago and went with the no feed back helm. I find it makes a big difference when fishing solo as the wheel doesn’t move. I can usually put a slight turn one direction or another to compensate for wind or current and then the boat tracks really well. I do find it less responsive to the old rotary helm though.

Anyone know if this will work with a Uflex cable? Summoning @ship happens

I replaced my cable steering a few years ago and went with the no feed back helm. I find it makes a big difference when fishing solo as the wheel doesn’t move. I can usually put a slight turn one direction or another to compensate for wind or current and then the boat tracks really well. I do find it less responsive to the old rotary helm though.
Yes that's why I asked for it. My friend saw how mine was and installed it on his grady (cable steering) and it helped a lot with preventing torque steer.
Fishing alon (or with a friend at the back) I just either steered it straight and it would hold or if I wanted to do a very slow turn I'd give it a bit of helm and it would hold that angle without flopping hard to the side.

Last edited:
Back