boat gas

MRACER

Where to buy marked gas from Victoria to CR? Used to have it at the Petro in Ladysmith, but it is closed. Let's make a list???

I know that CO-OP before the Keating turn off on Patty Bay highway as well as the Keating CO-OP have it. Not sure where on the WCVI though. May or may not be worth the $.03/liter savings. I think Profisher has a handle on this topic or try a search as its been discussed. I like the idea of a list for towns we are not familar with... especially up island locations for us Vic boys that aren't in the know!

Most Co-ops have it, Save-On-Gas has it at Bench road in Cowichan Bay, Ballard Fuels in Chemainus, Co-op in Ladysmith, and CPS in Duncan. That's where I've got mine in the past in Cowichan/Chemainus area.

Dave

Most Co-ops have it, Save-On-Gas has it at Bench road in Cowichan Bay, Ballard Fuels in Chemainus, Co-op in Ladysmith, and CPS in Duncan. That's where I've got mine in the past in Cowichan/Chemainus area.
Dave
Co-op just outside of Cedar on the Old Island Highway has it. The savings are much better than 0.03/litre. Most marked gas is mid-grade octane levels.

Does anyone know if these locations have ethanol in their fuel? Better yet, which sites do you know are ethanol free?

All the Co-ops in Nanaimo carry marked mid grade fuel.
Dave

All the Shell stations down here dropped marked fuels.

Interesting Shell says they have no ethanol. I thought all Oil Companies had to include a minium percentage of ethanol in their fuel sales. It didn't have to be in one particular blend, just overall they had a target to meet based on EPA or other regulator agency guidelines. What I had heard is that some companies have some blends with zero ethanol while other blends have it.

This is from Petro Can's website;
The Federal Government has regulated that motor gasoline sold in Canada after Sept. 1, 2010 must contain an annual pool average of 5% ethanol. Different provincial mandates also exist, some with higher ethanol pool requirements. Because of these mandates, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol.

Back