Boat and Fishing Show dates?

A good friend picked these Xtratuf boots up for me at the VBS for $70 in the PNT booth. Great deal considering the current pair I have were $65 - 3 years ago and are still ok, but getting old. Most comfortable rain boots I’ve ever had in 72 years!
Stosh

Attachments

• 739939D9-F629-45B2-82D2-B17314775684.png
    739939D9-F629-45B2-82D2-B17314775684.png
    841.3 KB · Views: 23
I went on Wednesday afternoon solo and again today with my wife to BC Place.

Found street parking both days for less than $1.00 hr which was a surprise as the surface lots off Pacific Boulevard were $34.00 flat rate.
Paid $5.00 for all day till 6PM, needed the app "Pay by Phone"

Loved the show, we picked up some stuff at Steveston Marine, life jackets, dock lines, boots, Waggoneer Book and some other misc. stuff.

Dropped by Galleon Marine hoping they had got a 2050 in their latest shipment, but they only got a couple of 2250's, a 2500XL as well as a 1450 Frontier, was surprised by the price increases at StabiCraft, fortunately mine is locked in at the old pricing.

I got to speak with a couple of Garmin technical guys , got some good info on their latest product offerings that now includes Navionics Maps built-in.
I've sorted out my list of equipment and had them review it to ensure it was suitable for my needs which they concurred that it was a good package and not overkill. Still lots to learn, but slowly figuring it out, fish finders/plotters/radar etc. it's a bit over whelming but I feel good about the advice I got.

My wife liked the Axopar Boats, very nicely finished, but a bit rich for me, the Brabus version was pretty high tech and a little over $1,000,000 fitted with twin Mercury Racing 450R's, not my style of boat but still pretty cool to see in person.

Spent some time at the Yamaha booth talking with Mike who moved over from Galleon to Yamaha recently, checking out options for our boat, we have ordered the 150HP motor plus the 9.9HP HT Kicker, looked at the 175HP unit and a 25HP HT Kicker but came back to the the original units that are on order. My dealer suggested there is still a shortage of motors so they get what Yamaha delivers and he wasn't sure I could get a 175HP even if I wanted to change.

I attended a navigation seminar on Wednesday, but it was so cold I left before it finished, they had the outside loading doors open as they were still loading in and the wind was howling, today my wife and I attended a Cruising Seminar highlighting favourite anchorages around the BC Coast which was very well presented and a lot warmer.

Overall a great day today.

Hope to make it back for Saturday afternoon if I can, then off to Seattle on Tuesday and Wednesday.

David

Last edited:
On a couch in Marpole.

Crew from Enderby sat next to me while I was boatshowing at the Roxy.

Good job Enderby.

Out

Yes, the ABD boats looked well built plus the pricing seemed a better deal. The big centre console with twin 115’s was a nice package.

The scale of that Merc 600 is hard to believe unless you’ve seen one.

There are some good deals to be had with gear. These boots that were talked about are a great price right now.

View attachment 89259
Yes, the ABD boats looked well built plus the pricing seemed a better deal. The big centre console with twin 115’s was a nice package.

There are some good deals to be had with gear. These boots that were talked about are a great price right now.

View attachment 89259

View attachment 89259
4B7FBB8D-5C65-4334-8041-8EA02F39C9DE.jpegSaw these at PNT, same boot at $79.50.

Dropped by Galleon Marine hoping they had got a 2050 in their latest shipment, but they only got a couple of 2250's, a 2500XL as well as a 1450 Frontier, was surprised by the price increases at StabiCraft, fortunately mine is locked in at the old pricing.

I attended a navigation seminar on Wednesday, but it was so cold I left before it finished, they had the outside loading doors open as they were still loading in and the wind was howling, today my wife and I attended a Cruising Seminar highlighting favourite anchorages around the BC Coast which was very well presented and a lot warmer.
Car dealers aren't necessarily locking in prices on ordered vehicles. You need a Purchase Order instead of just giving them a Deposit. See the Consumer Reports article on this scam. https://www.consumerreports.org/car...e-of-ordered-car-before-delivery-a7159840038/

Apparently the heat pump for BC Place broke a few days before the show opened, and as you say, it was +2°C on the main floor for most of Wednesday.

FD

Good day at the Seattle show, credit card deep in my pocket so nothing bought by me. Got to connect in person with 2 great SFBC members. Managed to get on a few great fishing boats and do 3-5 minute videos. Heading back tomorrow to do a video w the founder of Stabicraft, definitely the most enthusiastic business about video and marketing. Lots of nice boats, couldn’t find Minn Kota, but still hope to track them down. The 1.5M Boston Whaler Conquest 40, with trip 600hp sold yesterday, I got a video of it but some of the hull was covered and couldn’t appreciate the trips from how they had the platform set up around it but stopped by Merc and the 600 was impressive there. Mercury is doing well selling motors and helping their suppliers ramp up production, if there is a slow down Brunswick hasn’t seen it. Only weak spot might be their 300-500k BW boats but no heavy discounting. Had a good chat with the merc rep, but he declined an interview. The Ranger Tug/Cutwater had the usual frothy group of shoppers. Interest rates are slowing things down but overall it felt good from an economic perspective. Feet need a good soak in the hotel hot tub, back in the morning, then floating boat show, then try and twist the wife’s arm to hit Costco on the way home and back in Vic tomorrow.

If there any boats or brands you want to see let me know and I’ll try to grab a video. Alfred Montaner is at the show, doing videos of boats, but haven’t spotted him yet.

I was pretty disappointed in all 3 fishing gear vendors at the Vancouver show. Steveston didn't even try to bring in gear what so ever.
Harbour Chandler and PNT had multiple new Avets for decent enough prices but with screwed bearings in them....I would have purchased a HXJ but with 2 seconds of freespool not a chance

Good day at the Seattle show, credit card deep in my pocket so nothing bought by me. Got to connect in person with 2 great SFBC members. Managed to get on a few great fishing boats and do 3-5 minute videos. Heading back tomorrow to do a video w the founder of Stabicraft, definitely the most enthusiastic business about video and marketing. Lots of nice boats, couldn’t find Minn Kota, but still hope to track them down. The 1.5M Boston Whaler Conquest 40, with trip 600hp sold yesterday, I got a video of it but some of the hull was covered and couldn’t appreciate the trips from how they had the platform set up around it but stopped by Merc and the 600 was impressive there. Mercury is doing well selling motors and helping their suppliers ramp up production, if there is a slow down Brunswick hasn’t seen it. Only weak spot might be their 300-500k BW boats but no heavy discounting. Had a good chat with the merc rep, but he declined an interview. The Ranger Tug/Cutwater had the usual frothy group of shoppers. Interest rates are slowing things down but overall it felt good from an economic perspective. Feet need a good soak in the hotel hot tub, back in the morning, then floating boat show, then try and twist the wife’s arm to hit Costco on the way home and back in Vic tomorrow.

If there any boats or brands you want to see let me know and I’ll try to grab a video. Alfred Montaner is at the show, doing videos of boats, but haven’t spotted him yet.
Did you meet with Paul Adam’s the founder of Stabicraft? I went there today and didn’t see him.
I did get to meet with a couple of the guys from Stabicraft NZ and arranged a visit to the factory when I’m in Invercargill later this month.

Here are the details. Wish I had more pictures but was too busy shadow fishing on that wide deck.
View attachment 89275

Sold it to the Angling For Autism group.

We are pleased to announce that in collaboration with our sponsors Port Boat House, Yamaha Outboards and Aeronav Avionics, Angling4Autism now has an ABD 2495 in its arsenal to offer families in the autism community, more year round fishing opportunities!

ABD is a locally based boat builder in North Vancouver, BC. The 2495 is a welded aluminum hull with a LOA of 28’ and a 9’ 6” beam providing a very stable platform with seating for 7 people, a full head, three fish boxes and an ice box. Powered by twin Yamaha outboards and a (soon to be) full suite of Garmin electronics, she is a fishing machine.

To Dan and Mike at Port, and Steve at Yamaha….THANK YOU for putting the pieces together to make this happen. To Mike at BC Outdoors Sport Fishing TV THANK YOU for the introductions and continued support!

329035784_1322487318545771_7055906280556811750_n.jpg

Did you meet with Paul Adam’s the founder of Stabicraft? I went there today and didn’t see him.
I did get to meet with a couple of the guys from Stabicraft NZ and arranged a visit to the factory when I’m in Invercargill later this month.
No, he was super busy, a few nods but Dave there marketing manager tried to get him to do the video but no go. Hopefully he will take you out fishing!

No, he was super busy, a few nods but Dave there marketing manager tried to get him to do the video but no go. Hopefully he will take you out fishing!
Too bad you were not able to get the interview with Paul Adams.
All the guys at Stabicraft that I've meet are really top notch guys, I've know Dave awhile now, we know quite a few people in Common from NZ, also met Paul Flett at the show, who is one of the designers at Stabicraft, he's trying to arrange for me to go out with one of their Stabi Ambassador's when we are in Invercargill, remember the Orange 2050 featured in the South Island Tour starting in Milford Sound and ending in Marlborough Sounds, on that boat.

First video

The last video is due out in a few days, but the other 3 are on youtube if you haven't seen them yet.

Cheers,

David.

Too bad you were not able to get the interview with Paul Adams.
All the guys at Stabicraft that I've meet are really top notch guys, I've know Dave awhile now, we know quite a few people in Common from NZ, also met Paul Flett at the show, who is one of the designers at Stabicraft, he's trying to arrange for me to go out with one of their Stabi Ambassador's when we are in Invercargill, remember the Orange 2050 featured in the South Island Tour starting in Milford Sound and ending in Marlborough Sounds, on that boat.

First video

The last video is due out in a few days, but the other 3 are on youtube if you haven't seen them yet.

Cheers,

David.
Sweet I interviewed Paul Flett, he taught me what tuna tubes are for! Hope to get them into some salmon, crab and Hali in the next couple weeks if they want to run over from PA to Victoria. I went with them to the Scotty booth to get them outfitter with plugs, and swivel mounts for my HP’s and 18lbers. Hope we get to use them! I’ll shoot them a video of us landing a Hali and push for them to make the trip over! A New Zealand trip is in my future, would love to take the family there some day.

Back