Blackhawks 2010-2011

Well you have to worry about them 5 teams behind you breathing down you neck a couple of losses for the haws and it could spell trouble.
And ive never wish that on you holmes LOL LOL

looks like most of the anti - Hawk fans have left ya alone , you must have really pissed of the ones still vulturing around , love fans that think with there hearts ,
not there brains,,,,

Hawks are DEFINATELY gonna make some noise , as i predicted , have fun...

fd

FD.....don't you think there is a bit of irony in the statement about the "Hawks haters" given who you are addressing your comments to? ;) Just go to the "other" hockey thread in here and have a look at the most profound Nucks hater who continues to post his "scathing venom" (hahaha) despite the fact the Nucks have been on top of the heap for a LONG time. :p

As for the Hawks....no doubt they are a good team and like many of the top teams in the West they have gone on a pretty good run (see San Jose) at some point this season; their's being the most recent.

There is no denying they are a good team and are the current reigning Champs; but don't fool yourself into thinking they are the same team they were last year. They are missing some key ingredients between their forward lines which they have not improved on after having to move players and are not as deep as they were. It was no more evident in how they started and played through the first 4 months of the season. One has to only look as far as the goaltending and then you have guys like Ladd, Versteeg, Bafoonlian, Madden, Sopel, Eager; some of those guys some may laugh at as "key parts" but they do represent some of the depth in the team. One of the missing ingredients in the Baffonlian was one of the two key playoffs heroes in their cup run.

So yes.....the Hawks are good and should not be taken lightly as there is no doubt they can score goals and have the guys to do it....I just don't know if the lack of depth, the BIG MAN and the goaltending are going to be enough to carry them through.

As for haters........well.......let me ask you this......despite the dramatically improved play of the Leafs as of late, do you talk good things about them or prefer to bash them? :p ;) (assuming you are not a Leafs fan)

And as a side note.....FD....I like your comments on both hockey threads as I appreciate the fact that you "get it". I enjoy good hockey talk....have a few very good friends who are HUGE Leaf fans and they talk like they are in upper management....it is hilarious but fun talk to have about all teams over a few beers.

Well you have to worry about them 5 teams behind you breathing down you neck a couple of losses for the haws and it could spell trouble.
And ive never wish that on you holmes LOL LOL

VERY TRUE......thanks Wolf....I forgot to mention that in my post above. ALthough you are in 4th place you are in a group of teams all playing pretty good hockey. 3 points from 9th and 5 points from 11th. :eek:

wtf ,
thought you were a B. Street Bully fan pip,
not a Nuck fan , they are definatey alot better , i don't have a right to bash them , my team is currently getting ready to sell hot dogs in front of the Roxy in a month , , but , still my boys , as iv'e repeated more than i probabally should ,anyway's ,

Not really interested in in other the hockey threads , this one caught my eye , the bashing of the hawks , alot of tv and radio personalities that talk outta of there a$$e$ , all predicted the hawks to suck this year ,lol , are you kidding me , you don't need to get into who was there , who is left , yada yada yada , i know buds , but , they are still a dangerous team , I enjoy watching them ,I know most on here on just bustin poor old Holmes's balls , that's awesome , lol

It's fast break out hockey that i really enjoy to watch, they have got one of the best puck moving teams in the league ,few good all BC Boys ta boot , there gonna get better , they now have there core team in place , there will alway's be changes to the roster , salary cap is most teams worst enemy , character players come en go ,
Bottom line , they are a gritty , young ,there D top is notch that willonly get better with age , most importantly , they have been to the show , EXPERIENCE !!! you can't replace that.. i guess time will tell how well they do , Do you guy's watch there games ???

now get back to work : )

( oy Yeah , The Leafs Sux Balls )

fd

FD.....don't you think there is a bit of irony in the statement about the "Hawks haters" given who you are addressing your comments to? ;) Just go to the "other" hockey thread in here and have a look at the most profound Nucks hater who continues to post his "scathing venom" (hahaha) despite the fact the Nucks have been on top of the heap for a LONG time. :p

As for the Hawks....no doubt they are a good team and like many of the top teams in the West they have gone on a pretty good run (see San Jose) at some point this season; their's being the most recent.

There is no denying they are a good team and are the current reigning Champs; but don't fool yourself into thinking they are the same team they were last year. They are missing some key ingredients between their forward lines which they have not improved on after having to move players and are not as deep as they were. It was no more evident in how they started and played through the first 4 months of the season. One has to only look as far as the goaltending and then you have guys like Ladd, Versteeg, Bafoonlian, Madden, Sopel, Eager; some of those guys some may laugh at as "key parts" but they do represent some of the depth in the team. One of the missing ingredients in the Baffonlian was one of the two key playoffs heroes in their cup run.

So yes.....the Hawks are good and should not be taken lightly as there is no doubt they can score goals and have the guys to do it....I just don't know if the lack of depth, the BIG MAN and the goaltending are going to be enough to carry them through.

As for haters........well.......let me ask you this......despite the dramatically improved play of the Leafs as of late, do you talk good things about them or prefer to bash them? :p ;) (assuming you are not a Leafs fan)

And as a side note.....FD....I like your comments on both hockey threads as I appreciate the fact that you "get it". I enjoy good hockey talk....have a few very good friends who are HUGE Leaf fans and they talk like they are in upper management....it is hilarious but fun talk to have about all teams over a few beers.

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf ,
not a Nuck fan , they are definatey alot better ,
Ya....FD....been a Phillie fan since I was a wee young boy; but since moving to Van 18 years ago I have also taken on cheering for the Canucks. Kind of the hometown thing, but I am pretty passionate about the team and go frickin' crazy with MGMT moves etc.

Feel free to bash me "holmes-like" for kinda having 2 teams I pull for. ;)

i don't have a right to bash them , my team is currently getting ready to sell hot dogs in front of the Roxy in a month , , but , still my boys , as iv'e repeated more than i probabally should ,anyway's ,
Is that the Oilers?

Not really interested in in other the hockey threads , this one caught my eye , the bashing of the hawks , alot of tv and radio personalities that talk outta of there a$$e$ , all predicted the hawks to suck this year ,lol , are you kidding me , you don't need to get into who was there , who is left , yada yada yada , i know buds , but , they are still a dangerous team , I enjoy watching them ,I know most on here on just bustin poor old Holmes's balls , that's awesome , lol
I agree with the Hawks bashing in the media....it IS fun 'here' just because of holmes and his innate ability to bring it on himself....ha ha ha.

I also commented on the dismantling when it was happening but it plain and simple was a result of the "cap world"; last year was their year to "make hay". I still don't think they have the team they had last year....ya they have the scoring up front but I don't think their goalie combination is going to do it for them unless one turns into a Niemi and turns into a brick wall. Their forwards aren't quite as deep and gritty as last year and the Baffoglian is a MASSIVE component they will miss. He alone destroyed a couple of teams on their way including the Nucks. They have some good "D" but I also think they have some overrated on the blue line like Campbell. Don't get me wrong...he IS good with a great +/- but I don't think he is a $7M+ calibre player.

It's fast break out hockey that i really enjoy to watch, they have got one of the best puck moving teams in the league ,few good all BC Boys ta boot ,

And 3 GREAT Winnipeg boys too part of that fun fast hockey!!! :cool: Completely agree...they are a fun team to watch on the breakout as you can tell those guys up front on the top line are young, quick and just want to score goals.

there gonna get better , they now have there core team in place , there will alway's be changes to the roster , salary cap is most teams worst enemy , character players come en go ,

They may get better.....but this may also be what they are capable of given their past 10. There is lots of talk about issues in their dressing room and Kane specifically; I read on some blog from CHI that there was rumours of a bit of a power struggle between he and Toews. Maybe they finally got that worked out and it has helped the team.

Bottom line , they are a gritty , young ,there D top is notch that willonly get better with age , most importantly , they have been to the show , EXPERIENCE !!! you can't replace that.. i guess time will tell how well they do , Do you guy's watch there games ???

Agree......with the above statement. Their core is locked up for a few years now with the only one coming up to UFA in the next year is Sharp. There are a few contracts there that I don't know I would want on the books for that long at that value but hopefully Hossa and Campbell can prove me wrong.

Goaltending is going to be their biggest question mark....

I try and watch their games when I can....their homes games often compete with Phillie games so the Orange, Black and White take precedence with some channel surfing going on. ;)

fd

Haha....I am working right now. Sitting on a conference call listening to some corporate propoganda about restructuring in a divison that really doesn't impact me.

Ya....Leafs do suck.....I have a slight soft spot for 2 of their fans though. My 2 buddies are beyond funny when you listen to them talk about the Leafs. One guy is quite an established actor in film and tv and the other works in film....they are 2 characters who are funny as hell. I actually jumped on board with Leaf Nation for about 4 months a year or so ago; primarily as a bet from another couple of buddies who said I couldn't cheer for the Leafs for the remainder of the season (nov. onwards). We all have too much time and too much fun betting when a few beers were involved. Fortunately for me I was summarily dismissed from Leafs Nation through a formal letter to which my attorneys from Broad Street responded with a defamantion suit. It was ridiculous posturing and exchanges of letters for about a week and a half....my GF and my friend in Leaf Nation's wife both were asking if there was seriously "nothing better to do?!?!?!...all the while shaking their heads and laughing at us as morons.

Okay......enough of the hijack.......back to Hawk bashing!!!

31370_100506856668443_100506456668483_1551_2984919_n.jpg

You should be an analyst Pips ,

time will tell i guess ....

just outta curiosity , how comfortable are you with Luongo , not sure if that is team 1 or 2 or 3 in ur books : )

Yup Oilers it Is , you know that , guessing ya just want everyone else to know that one more time , that's fine, ballbust taken firmly : )

Go Oilers Go...

later

fd

You should be an analyst Pips ,

Co-anchor???

just outta curiosity , how comfortable are you with Luongo , not sure if that is team 1 or 2 or 3 in ur books : )
More confident than last year.....but still to me he HAS proven himself to a degree in the regular season but he has yet to really do so in the playoffs. There are teams on the road to the cup that ARE going to fire a lot of shots that are going to get through; and Lou needs to be able to step up WITH confidence and play like he has shown he can. The old addage of "he needs to steal a few games" comes to mind and also not let in the loosey goosey early soft goals that he has a tendency to. In playoff hockey ya just can't let that early ****** goal in and expect your team not to be somewhat affected by it.

I hope the stripping of the "C" helps him this year. I will say this though....going into the playoffs I do like the goaltending tandem we have in place.

Yup Oilers it Is , you know that , guessing ya just want everyone else to know that one more time , that's fine, ballbust taken firmly : )

Go Oilers Go...
Hahaha......I was pretty sure that's who it was....but it doesn't hurt to publicly ridicule you once again. Do you know about the Onion Sports Network? It is now on the Comedy Network on Weds at 10pm....total complete fake sports news but it is frickin' hilarious. This was the clip last night about the Oilers. :D

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displayblog.aspx?bpid=f17fc0b6-a2ac-4c5a-9083-2b0953b21738

wtf ,
not a Nuck fan , they are definatey alot better , i don't have a right to bash them , my team is currently getting ready to sell hot dogs in front of the Roxy in a month , , but , still my boys , as iv'e repeated more than i probabally should ,anyway's ,

It's fast break out hockey that i really enjoy to watch, they have got one of the best puck moving teams in the league ,few good all BC Boys ta boot , there gonna get better , they now have there core team in place , there will alway's be changes to the roster , salary cap is most teams worst enemy , character players come en go ,

fd

Cheers Fogducker

I just wanted to point out that the salary cap prevents teams like the Leafs, Ranger and Flyers from trying to buy the Cup instead of developing their draft picks. Chicago didn't manage their cap well and paid dearly losing all those players. If their had been a salary earlier the player's salaries would have remained at a level that more teams could have afforded.

GO CANUCKS!!

hey i can analyze it just as well as the pipster over there i just choose not too as rite now im cooking up a storm at work and it would take me weeks to type all that out, in person sure i could tell ya all that stuff too but id prefer not to be objective and agitate instead, why?...cause the game is still on...when the season is over i'll give credit where credit is due, until then

.........................................holmes*

I like the name change!!!! Yo.....boyeeeeeee......I'ze fishin' with The Pipster!! :p ;) Totally gangsta!!

holmes......I am sitting here enjoying my Sunday morning coffee watching your boys that you don't want to "analyze". You gotta get Marian off the books......he's pretty good but not "$8M good".

Godspeed....sitting in 5th and 2 points outta 10th. :rolleyes: :p

....................................pipster*

A very enjoyable game, nice call by Q to set up overtime. I guess the only good thing was they didn't have to go to the shootout. We will take the point, another tough one tommorow.;) eman

we have more than one line guys cmon is that all ya got lol, thanks FD listening to it now....holmes*

You've got one line.....and the makings of a second line. Much like the Nucks did with Kesler on the 2nd line the last couple of years........BUT....now we're also getting 3rd and 4th line scoring. The "Toews, Sharp, Kane" scoresheet......with a bit of d-men and the odd flurry from Mariana ain't doin' it for you.

I have said it many a time........you are not doing it without Bafulaloooonian......and Ladd; they got in the heads of the "Gingers" and Lou.

Cmon Pip ,

the game i watched had more than a "bit " of D , and definately more than one forwrd lline....

again , am 1040 , again, this afternoon ,quote " Really don't wanna meet the Hawks " not very confident on the media side of things....

they were posessed last night , they win VERY important games it seems like , don't cha think....

Regular Season n Play-offs , 2 diff animals , time will tell if the nux have another gear , or , have they had it pinned all season ???

: )

FD

Back