Blackhawks 2010-2011

This is a fantastic trade for the Hawks. Thanks Dale.:) Frolik is a proven twenty plus goal scorer, who will be better with the Hawks lineup. Salak is the No. 1 rated goalie in the Swedish elite league. Turco better show up on Friday against his old team Dallas, or this experiment is over.:D eman

scramblin?...lmao...merely a trade pipps, dont worry the nucks will be makin some too....holmes*

Ha ha.......we may have to depending on our defensive situation. Haven't heard about Hamhuis.....and Ballard is gone 3 weeks....Edler possibly back in March.....Salo is good for 3-4 games before he goes down...again :p................but....we should be fine for the push to the Cup.

The Flag shall fly in Nootka..........this I swear. (or if not the Nucks...the Flyer Flag shall fly!!!)

what are ya gonna do if its nucks vs flyers pipps?.....holmes*

Believe me...........it's gonna be a tough one. I may just have to jump up and cheer for every goal! :p

I have been a Flyers fan for longer........as the Nucks have only been since I moved out here in 94. Having said that......I think I would be cheering for the Nucks as I live here; but I'll be happy either way.

I have a LOT of different bets with people that the Flyers will make it to the eastern final and some that they will be in the final; probably about $350 with a bunch of friends. I made the comment to one buddy that I would take his bet that the Flyers would not make the east final(this was in Nov)....and about 6 more guys all jumped in on that action. :eek: Have a couple for $50......and I think one for $100 that they make it to the final. As long as they make it to the eastern final/final.....Daddy's wallet is gonna be happy. ;)

e-man.....holmes............have a read and discuss amongst yourselves......pipps*
:p :eek:

Me thinks there's trouble in paradise!!! ;)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/02/09/spector_blackhawks/

'Probably' not good enough

If the Blackhawks don't get on the same page and play like they should, they will miss the playoffs.

EDMONTON -- They limped up Highway 2 with an 0-2 jag on, making a trip through Western Canada where the geography says the Chicago Blackhawks are going north.

In the National Hockey League standings however, the 'Hawks are going south.

They are 53 games into the season as defending Stanley Cup champions, yet the Blackhawks are still waiting on their form to show up after a summer of partying and parading with Big Stanley across the hockey world.

The booze is all gone, the Cup is back home in Toronto, yet the laissez-faire attitude remains. On a sub-zero day in Northern Alberta, after losing a crucial-four-pointer in Calgary Monday night, the cold hard truth was that -- right now -- this isn't even a playoff team.

And the veteran Blackhawks are getting fed up.

"[Expletive] the power play," defenceman Duncan Keith told ESPN Chicago after the 4-2 loss in Calgary, in which the power play went 0-for-4. "Nobody goes to the net to score goals. That's why we don't win."

When a defenceman says that about his forwards, in a dressing room that has experienced winning as recently as this one, you know we are reaching critical mass.

"There have just been too many ups and downs. You can look at a lot of different reasons … we just haven't been good enough," Patrick Kane said in a sedate Chicago room Tuesday, after a tough Joel Quenneville practice at Rexall Place. "You can say bodies to the net, you can pucks to the net. We had three shots in the first period. That's obviously not getting it done."

This is a salary cap story about a team that won the Stanley Cup, then blew its chemistry apart in losing six players the salary cap would not let Chicago afford.
In departed players John Madden, Andrew Ladd, Ben Eager, Dustin Byfuglien and Adam Burish, the Hawks lost more size, character and experience by three than Wednesday's opponents -- the Edmonton Oilers -- has on its entire roster. And that's not counting Kris Versteeg, who ended up in Toronto.

The chemistry was perfect in Chicago last year, producing a nearly perfect locker room and a championship team.

This season the Hawks have been waiting, waiting to start playing that consistent, winning game that they played last season. Now, they're 53 games in and Quenneville is still holding bag skates on the day between road games.

"We shouldn't have to have wake-up calls," said captain Jonathan Toews. "It should come from within our locker room.

"It doesn't come down to a lot of technical things," he continued. "That's the disappointing thing: Knowing how good this team can be, and being in this situation with (29) games left to play."

Toews is known inside the Blackhawks room by the nickname Captain Serious. He was the moral compass of this team last season, but aptly flanked by lieutenants like Ladd and Madden. When the energy fell, players like Burish and Eager were on hand to throw a hit, have a fight, or in Burish's case, drive a player like Daniel Sedin completely out of his mind, and right into the penalty box.

The quiet word out of this dressing room this season is that Toews isn't pleased with Kane's commitment. That the "we'll get to that tomorrow" Kane faction is winning the day over the "let's get on this right now" Toews group.

We're 53 games into the season and this team still has not looked anything like a Stanley Cup contender for more than two or three games in a row. And if they were still looking for that lost element Tuesday in Edmonton, which they were, it is fair to wonder if that elusive chemistry will be found at all this year by Toews and the boys.

"You know, we played pretty good in Vancouver (a 4-3 Chicago loss), but it seemed to get away," Keith said Tuesday. "Then in Calgary, a slow start … and you lose. It's unacceptable.

"The battle and compete levels need to go way up."

Those things should be fresh in the memories of every player in this dressing room, the kind of commitment that put a Stanley Cup ring on their finger eight short months ago. But here the Blackhawks sit, three points behind and two teams removed from the eighth-place Calgary Flames, by far a hungrier and more desperate, urgent hockey team right now.

"The compete level. That's obviously why we lost the (Calgary) game. It wasn't there," Kane said. "Not working hard enough: That's probably (where) we've had our ups an downs this year."

They're past the halfway point of the season and Patrick Kane is still using the proviso "probably."

If they don't a drop word like that, they're "probably" not going to make the playoffs in the West this year.

And wouldn't that be a waste?

Mark Spector is the lead columnist for Sportsnet.ca
Follow me on Twitter.com @SportsnetSpec

27 games left and 4 points out of 8th place,Quick holmes... abanden ship!
We've always got room on the canuck bandwagon for ya

It's like watching a car accident. You really don't want to watch but you can't help yourself

GOING DOWN,DOWN DOWN,DOWN......really to bad champs to chumps in a blink of a season....
sorry holmes

If the Hawks continue to play like they did today, they might manouver into an 8th place finish and play the Nucks in the first round. Oh my, woudn't that be nice.

That would be a tough match for the Canucks as usual. Would be a great series to watch though!

Western DIV GP W L OT Pts GF GA Diff Home Away S/O L10 Streak
1 Vancouver NW 62 39 14 9 87 207 147 +60 22-5-5 17-9-4 2 - 5 6-4-0 Won 1
2 Detroit CEN 61 37 18 6 80 203 177 +26 17-10-4 20-8-2 3 - 2 6-4-0 Lost 2
3 San Jose PAC 62 35 21 6 76 174 159 +15 15-10-3 20-11-3 3 - 2 8-2-0 Won 5
4 Phoenix PAC 62 33 20 9 75 178 177 +1 15-10-5 18-10-4 3 - 3 8-2-0 Lost 1
5 Los Angeles PAC 61 34 23 4 72 170 146 +24 18-9-1 16-14-3 7 - 2 7-1-2 Won 2
6 Minnesota NW 61 32 23 6 70 160 160 E 16-12-3 16-11-3 2 - 5 5-4-1 Lost 1
7 Chicago CEN 61 32 23 6 70 194 168 +26 18-14-0 14-9-6 4 - 4 5-3-2 Won 3
8 Dallas PAC 61 32 23 6 70 168 173 -5 17-9-5 15-14-1 5 - 4 2-7-1 Won 1
9 Nashville CEN 61 31 22 8 70 156 146 +10 14-7-7 17-15-1 6 - 3 4-5-1 Lost 3
10 Calgary NW 62 31 23 8 70 186 178 +8 18-10-3 13-13-5 7 - 5 6-2-2 Lost 1
11 Anaheim PAC 61 32 25 4 68 171 181 -10 17-10-1 15-15-3 4 - 2 5-5-0 Lost 4
12 Columbus CEN 59 30 23 6 66 163 175 -12 15-13-2 15-10-4 4 - 3 7-2-1 Won 2
13 St Louis CEN 60 27 24 9 63 168 179 -11 18-10-4 9-14-5 3 - 5 4-4-2 Lost 3
14 Colorado NW 61 26 28 7 59 178 210 -32 14-15-4 12-13-3 3 - 0 1-8-1 Lost 1
15 Edmonton NW 61 20 33 8 48 156 203 -47 10-17-4 10-16-4 1 - 7 5-5-0 Won 1

Looks good today Ducker!! But with 4 points separating 5th and 11th.......(and Turco in net :p)......you can slip in and out of the playoffs each and every night.

Look at LA........2 days ago they were out and now they're in 5th. (I keep an eye on LA as a buddy plays for them, normally I wouldn't be watching THAT closely! ;) )

haha

iv'e got Nhl Center Ice , i get ta see alot of games , by no means am i saying there gonna win the Stanley Cup , but , hard to listen to
guys that say they suck or there done,,,, Trust me , when there on , " there on " a very dangerous team still...there are teams that have a capability to find an extra gear when it really matters , i think they may be one of them... Ur right therace is insane , some pretty good hockey to come still , i still think they will make it through ,

Now how bout them Oilers.......ughhhh....still luv my boys !!!

later guys

have a good wknd..

FD

Back