Best options for suspension seats

Yup-- but I got about three seasons out of them...( and I am close to the max weight limit of 250lbs :-( ) And given the exorbitant cost of the other seats, its still an option worth looking at.

The Smooth Moves Classics are the same idea as the tractor seat, but built for the down force of a 300lb person and built for marine use. Starting around $350. Better make sure you have the room to mount though. Some of use will have the same problem weather it be tractor, smooth moves or shock waves. No room behind the seat :( can't go forward with them as Id never get my legs in. Oh well next option please...... :) LOL

You have trim tabs on the boat ? I think I'am going too install tabs on
Mine before I upgrade the factory smooth move seats. Apparently the tabs provide a much better ride then a non tabbed boat. It might be enough too leave the seats alone. Not too mention the other benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't find it porpoises much. I really have to be trimmed out to cause any. I've had to battle getting the bow out of the water more on plane but now seem to have it propped right. Just want to be more comfortable in the moderate stuff. Anything too rough, I just slow down and plow through. I thought about adding tabs just to level the ride out to compensate for the kicker but we are going to try a fixed homemade tab on one side and see if that will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 seasons on my smooth move classics although short compared too your guys seasons. Nothing has worn or broken. But as mentioned before the action of them is not high Quality. They mainly save the back on the big hits. But I find they move a lot with limited damping.

I've been told that tabs help with the fine trim of the bow and that helps with the ride. But I've never been on a smaller alloy with tabs so I don't know how much improvement it would be.

I've got my choice down to one of two options. I'm going to go with one Smooth move Ultra and decide if I like it before I buy another or a Bostrom T380 Sierra series Marine Suspenion seat and then move the Smooth Move to the other side. i thought about making seat boxes but the Smooth Move suspension is 10" and adding a swivel takes up a bit more so a 6" box isn't going to hold much. I'll just get it with the 6" post and then I won't need the swivel. I talked to the guy over there on his cell and he said the Ultras have only been out for 22 months so he's got no definitive answer on how these will stand up to the environment we use them in. Apparently, they have a plug in the skirt and he suggested spraying inside the hole with wd40 every 3 months or so.

For the call to be forwarded to his cell after hours gave me the impression it's probably not a real big operation He walked me through the easiest way to mount the seat using a box and swivel. Apparently, it's doable but a bit of a pain.The suspesion without the post is $450 the swivel is $35.00. Flat rate shipping is $35.00 in the States. He saw my # was from BC so said he had a dealer in Alberta for in Canada shipments.

You will like the Bostrom seat, same one I put in my aluminum and same seat Doug at Northwest puts in his boats.

You will like the Bostrom seat, same one I put in my aluminum and same seat Doug at Northwest puts in his boats.

Now that's what I want to hear. Do you have the swivel? It's $215.00usd more. There's also a 4 way adjustable height pedestal, did you bother with that? I've got quotes from Bostrom and I found them down at Go2 Marine for $848.00 for the low back. I found out those are the basic seats when the part # didn't jibe with the Bostrom quote. Bostrom was higher but included the 4 way height pedestals. Then there's the swivel. I'd want that on tbe helm seat. Go 2 Marine has now added that to their site since I got them to look into them. I tried to see if there was any way they could not charge me the Washington sales tax but I'd have to pay it. That's another 8.5% or so.They won't give me a freight quote until after I place the order, which I'm not real crazy about. They would be drop shipping Wisconsin to Sumas.

I had a look at the site, mine is the one with the 380 torsion base with the pacifica seat. It adjusts up and down a bit and moves fwd and back. Seat is great in the big stuff on the way out to the bank. I'm nowhere near the max weight for it though so I can't comment on bottoming it out. Ordered mine thru trotac back when the dollar was almost par. Hope that helps!

3rd year on ford tractor seats in my boat. Still going strong and I like them for what they are. Sure there not bling but I got a bad back and these really help.

Hi Folks
Check out shockwaveseats@icloud.com
They have been big time in military, DEA & Coast Guard seats. They now have a cost effective Sport Fishers Seat also.
We have 2 prototype seat in one of our Guide Boats for 3 years. They are GREAT!
There are 5 boats in the Marina that have these seats. All good feed back.
Fish On John

How much are they. The link won't let me in, but it's probably on my end. Still would like to know how much though. Thanks

I am new to the site, but saw a link on Google to the discussion. My trawler is kept in Florida and I saw some Seaspension seats in the Miami Boat Show this year. Taco Marine is manufacturing the pedestals. I also saw they put a set of Low Profile, I think 11" tall in the HydraSports 53 Suenos that was introduced.

Some of the other shock peds in the show were just a spring, but the Seaspension brand has 3 components for the shock absorbing which seemed better. Any experiences?

Forgot to note, the Seaspension seems to be the only true shock that also swivels yet locks into forward position. Most others seemed to either swivel constant or were for a smaller seat and no slider ability.

Back