Best options for suspension seats

Found a Hewes with the Smooth Moves seats at the Sportsman show. They are ok but I'm now leaning towards air seats. It looks like most, National, Bostrums, Seat Inc., etc.are truck seats. The models I've seen designated marine looked more like tractor seats, I would like it to look decent as well so will try to get by Kenworth to see what they have and I like. Hopefully they will standup to the environment. Thinking it's probably going to run 2 to 3 grand by the time it's done depending on the seats and how carried away I get. There are some really nice Seat Inc. Legacy models and it's a slippery slope once you start looking at them. Where do you stop....

Fishnwhenican,
My Osprey 24 came with factory air shock helm seat, it was real good. I've sold the boat. Maybe give MasterMarine in Mount Vernon WA a call for some info, He sells lots of new Osprey boats. Not sure if the Seasport Factory, they build Osprey now, can help you out. They reopened the plant and its now in Bellingham, Ask for Greg Little.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Hewes seats you looked at are like the one in this pic I don't recommend them. I have them in my boat and the travel is good but the damping is poor. I fish in a very large fresh water lake that normally has a short steep chop that's like driving your pick up over a pile of fire wood. While the seats are better than a solid mounted seat the ride tends too be bouncy. I like the look of the shock wave mounts with the fox shocks. One day I will upgrade just got too get the purse string holder too agree on the need.
2e76712bc7ea804fd6dcf1e45a1f6c09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hewes had the Smooth Move Ultras. Different than your picture. No wonder everybody has a hard time doing this. Did some more reading tonight and read some guys having issues with the air seats rusting and squeeking from the salt water exposure. Have to give this more consideration. Time for bed...

I still have not decided either. Hmmmmmmm......

One of my old suspension seats squeaked for a while. It was nasty. It can't happen.

If I was to go with the Mariner suspension seats they would cost me about $3400.00 landed.

I might as well do a little looking into these Shock Waves. Anybody here have them? I might just put them in and pull them out when I sell the boat. Are they the ticket. Can you actually get a complete helm seat for $1500.00?

If I was to go with the Mariner suspension seats they would cost me about $3400.00 landed.

I might as well do a little looking into these Shock Waves. Anybody here have them? I might just put them in and pull them out when I sell the boat. Are they the ticket. Can you actually get a complete helm seat for $1500.00?

Seat is separate..... You can mount your own seat to their system.

Youtube shock wave seats

If you're on Vancouver Island it may be worth going to go have a look at the Eaglecraft shop. They make/have Wave Rider seats and pedestals; I've never used them but they look like this;

http://eaglecraft.bc.ca/other-products/wave-rider-pedestals/
http://eaglecraft.bc.ca/other-products/wave-rider-seats/

Some details;

Shock absorbing seat pedestals, male and female removable pedestal sockets:

Pedestals range from 15″ to 24″
Shock Absorbing Suspension Pedestal are on a Polished 9″ Wave Rider Base, Durable All Weather Aluminum Pedestal
Weld On Cast Aluminum Spider
Suited for Heavy Commercial Application
Flush mounts Male & Female removable Pedestal Sockets

Specifically made for saltwater commercial boat applications.

No I can not stop by Eaglecraft! They have stuff there I cannot allow myself to look at.

But I will check out your links.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Buttercup is waiting for you at Daigle/Eaglecraft it's already got air seats!! Problem solved, YOU know you want!

If you're on Vancouver Island it may be worth going to go have a look at the Eaglecraft shop. They make/have Wave Rider seats and pedestals; I've never used them but they look like this;

http://eaglecraft.bc.ca/other-products/wave-rider-pedestals/
http://eaglecraft.bc.ca/other-products/wave-rider-seats/

Some details;

Shock absorbing seat pedestals, male and female removable pedestal sockets:

Pedestals range from 15″ to 24″
Shock Absorbing Suspension Pedestal are on a Polished 9″ Wave Rider Base, Durable All Weather Aluminum Pedestal
Weld On Cast Aluminum Spider
Suited for Heavy Commercial Application
Flush mounts Male & Female removable Pedestal Sockets

Specifically made for saltwater commercial boat applications.
They suck........ Better to buy Seaspenion or Back Savers both available from Silver Streak Boats

Or step up and buy Smooth Moves if on budget or Shockwaves if you rich.

Ya I thought if I upgrade I would do the helm side only. Anybody who complains can make a donation too the passenger side seat fund. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can buy suspension seats direct from thunderjet for $1100

For both or each? USD?

I've looked at Mariners online and with swivels they are about $1200.00USD each plus $100.00 each to get them to Washington. Times that by 1.26ish and add the tax and they aren't cheap.

I talked to Shockwave this morning. I need to send them over some pictures and measurements of my current seat location. About 2 weeks to get and $1500.00 plus tax and freight. I think Iwill go with one.

The KAB seats which I have used in the past are good. I don't know what they cost but might be worth checking out. Looks like they come from the USA though so you're going to get hit with exchange if you go that way...

Back