Best options for suspension seats

The KAB seats are nice as well.

I just went out and did some measuring and it's going to be pretty tight getting the Shock Wave Pedestal in unless I modify my seat box on that side and I really would prefer not to get into that. Looks like I need to give this more thought on a day I can't think. Anybody else enjoying this time change?

The KAB seats are nice as well.

I just went out and did some measuring and it's going to be pretty tight getting the Shock Wave Pedestal in unless I modify my seat box on that side and I really would prefer not to get into that. Looks like I need to give this more thought on a day I can't think. Anybody else enjoying this time change?
You know what held me back from buying this year? Them dam seat boxes.....:mad: If I mounted Id never ba able to open them boxes again.

Modify boxes and have new padded covers made? Buy the new smaller boxes with pads alreday made? I gave up.....

Fishnwhenican,

Mr Buttercup with comfy seating is still 4-sale! With a boat like that, women find a guy much better looking! Lol!!

Fishnwhenican,

Mr Buttercup with comfy seating is still 4-sale! With a boat like that, women find a guy much better looking! Lol!!

That might not hurt alright and believe me I've considered it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver streak sells a suspension seat post that u use your existing seat

Silver streak sells a suspension seat post that u use your existing seat

I saw it at the tradex show. It's another option and ok I guess but it didn't impress me a bunch. What was the deal on those seats that Thunderjet sold?

I had the smooth move seat before and they really helped and didn't cost to much. I will buy some this year or next I may just buy a seat from the Thunder jet and let the passengers tough it out. The added weight on the driver seat will be ok as the kicker is on passenger side.

I had the smooth move seat before and they really helped and didn't cost to much. I will buy some this year or next I may just buy a seat from the Thunder jet and let the passengers tough it out. The added weight on the driver seat will be ok as the kicker is on passenger side.

That's a good point, I could use a little weight on that side too.

Which model of Smooth move did you have? Did you have them mounted to a box or on the pedestal they show? I'm not sure if I like the short pedestal they sell. The Hewes I looked at had them on boxes and I thought that looked better. Plus you can always throw some downrigger balls in them to level out the ride or store something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought as long a I'm looking into it I might as well contact North River to see how much their matching suspension seats would be for my boat. They won't sell them to me directly but they said they could supply them through one of their dealers. So contacted one across the border. $2713.00usd each plus freight. So 7 grand plus freight Canadian for a pair. But they do swivel and look nice. I'll pass.

Sat in some Mariner suspension seats today. Made in Wisconsin USA. Pretty damn nice

I've looked at them and I've been pricing out some of the Bostrom Marine seats as well and been quoted by Bostrom and looked at them online. It's tough getting comparisons apples to apples. Part #s and options included are always different. This dollar of ours is really sucking.

I've got a pic of the ID label off the chair ride, but can't post because of all the jumbled pages on the post screen. Boat was 27' tin boat. If you want me to send it to Ya, PM your home email address

Barrie

You have trim tabs on the boat ? I think I'am going too install tabs on
Mine before I upgrade the factory smooth move seats. Apparently the tabs provide a much better ride then a non tabbed boat. It might be enough too leave the seats alone. Not too mention the other benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you considered the seats steelydan used in his DE?? They're a ford tractor seat replacement, and can be found on ebay for about $100. I've been considering them for my Hewes, as I dont want to lose the seat boxes under the passenger/helm seats. I've looked at all the other stuff you guys have been suggesting, and they all look overkill, and too expensive for me. Although these smooth moves look intriguing......

have you considered the seats steelydan used in his DE?? They're a ford tractor seat replacement, and can be found on ebay for about $100. I've been considering them for my Hewes, as I dont want to lose the seat boxes under the passenger/helm seats. I've looked at all the other stuff you guys have been suggesting, and they all look overkill, and too expensive for me. Although these smooth moves look intriguing......
Cuba Libre installed tractor seats in his boat. They were about $100. Didn't take long to bust the springs. It's a cheap short term solution.

Back