Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Slabby20

I know it's probably been talked about a lot on here in the past but I'm going to ask the question anyway.

What has happened to the Robertson Creek run and the mid to late August inside fishery over the last number of years?

mackeral predation and commerical overfishing in the last 5 years that impacted Robertson Creek run...in my opinion

No kidding Fishspoon. Having net openings before the Derby the last 10 years has wiped out the one of the most prolific run in southern BC. They used to put out 8 to 9 million Chinook smolts in the late 80's and early 90's before the mackeral invasion

the fish will come in really soon and come through quick this time....maybe just in time for the derby. For now just head west 270 and slay em

Lance

Heading out this afternoon till tommorow any recent updates? I heard it has picked up

Hi All,
I have had 2 great trips up to Ukee this year in Early July and mid August and I am considering a 3rd but do not want to come too late.
We are looking at coming up to Bamfield or Ukee on the 10th-13th of Sept. in previous years this seemed a little late but this year the fish seam to be later at least on the inside.
Does any one have the experience or opinion on what to expect around the 2nd week of Sept.
Thanks in advance
John

Sorry abl I just got back from camping I know this info won't help you now but it was hit and miss with the mackeral so it wasn't too bad for me anyways. Hope you had a good trip.

yup we hammered 'um sat flat calm till 2- sunday morning ruff but beat our way to south bank and hammered again big plugs 40-60' released lots best fishing of the year !!!

lordofthesprings

Just got back from Bamfield. We fished for 3 days had all our luck in the mornings. Had the girlfriend with me so after about 5 hours it was time to go in...much to my dismay.
There definitely weren't a lot of fish, but there were fish around if you put in the time. We fished mainly Kirby and had 2 hookups every morning, all in the mid teens.
Tried the wall a couple evenings and got mackreled. Saw a couple fish being picked up there but seemed very slow for the amount of boats. Heard whittlestone was all right but never made it down. Had great weather and a great time, wish I could get out there more than once a year.

Laid the boots to a few with the A team. Have some hilarious vids and put on some interesting shows for the pukers. Pat i sent an E.

024.jpg

028-2.jpg

041.jpg

Nice fish Kelly!!!

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

As long as you bleed them and have them on ice theres no need to clean the fish until you get back to the dock. Ive been doing it that way for 20 years and you cant tell me your fish tastes better than mine;). Im sure he took the fish out of the holds for some pics anyways.

Nice fish Kelly.

Looks like they have been bled to me. Notice the four fish being held up? Next photo shows them all getting rinsed off IMO........BB

I edited my post as I kind went overboard[:I]:) Sorry fella's.

Again nice haul there Kelley. The smiles say it all for sure:D

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

The fish didnt sit on the deck all day if thats the issue. Fishing was slow so buddy flipped the tote to switch something up and it worked. Hit a double header 10 seconds later. Id kill to be back on the banks right now. The inside is just not the same.

Just came back from my annual trip.
8 guys, 3 boats, 4 days, 31 springs, 5 coho (would have been 32 springs for our limit but the last fish was a coho and i didn't realize it till we packed up and my good friend informed me I was Wrong [:I]
Largest was 22 Lbs. Only fished inside, mostly Pill.
Batrix, white hoochie, spoons all worked. 25-45'
When things were slow or wanted to move, switched to plugs and went fast - always picked up a decent size coho doing that. Had awesome success on a certain plug - sorry no number for you.
Friday and Sat after the bad weather was good, Sunday and Monday tappered right off. This rain should make it go off, next couple days will be good - they are moving fast. Nothing in the bellies.

allfish.jpg

Hey Kelly, nice fish. Who's on the A-team besides Jon? I'm starting to plan a trip to the west coast mid Sept. I hope they are still around. BRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back