Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fog Ducker. Great pic's and report. Nice fish[:p]. Was like fishing in Mexico out there:D. Should be good this weekend (and just a little cooler)!

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Hey guys headin to Bamfield this weekend gonna be fishin Sunday till Thursday. This is only gonna be my second time ever out there and I only have a lil 15ft boat. Since it seems people are still fishin offshore, any suggestions of places to fish that my lil boat can go would be awesome.
Thanks

the wall
kirby
flemming
whittlestone
beale

all gonna go off soon ,hopefully.. all fairly close to Bamfield

gd luck
fd

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Just heard the fish are moving IN....:) We will be up there friday morning......From a source not far from Bamfield!!!!

I'll be out there tomorrow and will send an update if I can do so via my BlackBerry :) I am planning at starting off at Meer's Bluff and if its still full of mackeral I might head offshore or to Turtle Head, thanks to the guys who sent me the coords...

Thanks FD. I'm heading up Sunday can't wait!! Hopefully the fish move in while we're up there, I'll let you know how we did in about a week.

Will be at bamfeild sun.afternoon also stop in at the gov dock for a lucky and shoot the **** good luck to you all.

Rum chum

Tried China Creek at first light - nada - saw one small sockeye caught. Ran down to Meers Bluff and fished over tide change - nada. Am now out at turtles head with a dozen boats and 3 trawlers working the shelf. Still nada and haven't seen a net in the water but tide change coming up so maybe ...

Still hearing rumours that the fish are moving in - anyone having any luck anywhere on the inside?

Intrepid -
Try Kirby first thing in the morning. Start out between 50 and 70 feet with a blue/nickel Coyote spoon and a 500 Tomic plug. By 8:00 a.m. you should be fishing just off of the bottom. It may not be smokin but you will catch fish. Good luck!

I'm heading up on Monday for our annual father @ son trip.From what I've read on here it sounds like I need to run to South Bank.I'll be staying at McKay Bay in Bamfield,how long a run is it from there?Any info would be appreciated.I've been stocking up on gear all year for this trip so I just need to find the fish.Thanks

Ray, if you head out to the bank, don't take them all! let some fish come inside as I'm heading to the nook next saturday for our annual father& son trip and my boat is not big enough to run off shore :(. Paul is going to phone me when he gets back to give me a report on whats happening. Good luck

Bruce

I've been checking out my charts and I don't think I'll be burning up all my fuel running to South Bank so 7 mile looks like my best bet if their not showing up inside yet.We've never had trouble finding them before at this time of year,so I'm not too worried.Any recent info?

I wouldn't be so sure of that plan.

Every year can change and this one has.

Not to say those destinations may not turn on shortly, but if I were you I'd spend the extra few bucks on fuel and bring a fish home;)

Gimee the gaff!!!

OK,You guys would be the ones in the know,so how long a run is it?It looks like a long ways from Bamfield.I usually cruise at 27 mph.but not in swells.Come on guys,I only get 1 trip a year so I need this to work out.Thanks in advance.Ray

Was fishing with a friend for a couple of days on the 17th and 18th anywhere from Pill Point to the 7-mile bank. Got 7 springs between 12 and 20 lbs, 1 hatchery coho (we released 1 wild coho), one 28 lb hali, and two nice yelloweyes, the largest 12 lbs. It was spotty but we got lots of hits and 5 fish between Aguilar and Whittlestone.

spring loaded it can be any where from one and half hours to two and a half hours run time depends on the sea state.its useally a nicer ride back in with the waves.
i'll be up there sunday for a week looks like i'll be running up a gas bill also [}:)]

Rum Chum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back