Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff post pics of your tuna adventure... I am dying to see.

Also Jeff alot of people still are waiting to hera your whale of a tale. ;)

Cheers,

boat-2.jpg

quote:Originally posted by bananas

OBH were you out there with Jody T and Ian mc i heard Jodes boat is a machine.

She's very nice....monster. He has twin 20 hp yami kickers to push her along.

Searun

th_067.jpg

quote:Originally posted by searun

Nope....Dead Sea inside. Fish off shore still.

Searun

th_067.jpg

you think 1 week it will pick up at all? might be goin out sunday but cant make the run offshore. never done it before and only have 17ft double eagle going out of clutesi haven. furthest we go out is kirby or swale

I'd say Barkley Sound will be scratchy from herein. You may get lucky and run into a few but it is getting late in the season. Off shore is the best chance to run into a few. There are usually a few late Chinook running into the river, but this is a low return year so less fish around than usual.

Same too for coho. In most years we are still catching plenty of them into the end of September, but unfortunately this is a low cycle year for Stamp River coho too....thus the slow fishing.

Still lots of cod you can play with.

Tight lines.

Searun

th_067.jpg

I've gone through my fishing logs and this is the time of year, give or take a week, when we have often done really well with coho from the nook to the wall.
Am I reading that this isn't the case this year? We were planning a trip out this weekend as a family.
Smiley.

Well ,
ur log is correct , but , NOT this year..

Was gonna head over this weekend , weather is gonna turn for the worse thursday , Rain n wind all weekend , all weather reports seem to be consistent ,

Just got off the phone with some fellow nookers ,most have packed up and left for the season , Fishing was VERY Poor inside this past few weeks, worst in years they said , not good ,,,[V]

I think shes done ,the next post may be under " 2010/2011 Fall- Winter Reports

gd luck fellas

FD...

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

rats nose and flat top produced a 40 plus coho day[8D].. that was fri. the biggest was a 20lb wild with plenty of 18's that were hatchery... it was awesome. damaged many spoons for sure.. my crew got sick on the saturday so in two hours of fishing flat top we still got into ten or so... NO SPRINGS... caught two srings at whittle stone for 6 hrs of trolling..boat is back at home in port moody so bring on the winter springs and fresh prawns;)

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

quote:Originally posted by haggardscove

Has anyone heard how many Chinook have entered the river at Port Alberni? Then again, maybe we really don't want to know.

My Port Alberni connection tells me 1600 have gone up into the river, and that DFO was forecasting a return of 43000... And that's all I am going to say about that!

Last I heard was 5,500 past the counter and about 300 a day going past now. Still sad numbers
Was on the "Big Bank" today and still lots of Coho and Hali's. Lots of feeder Springs as well but I can't kill next years fish when there are so many hatchery Coho and they are bigger than most of the Springs. I guess the comercial fleet will have ago at them in couple of days though

www.rockypointcharters.ca

quote:Originally posted by trophywife

rats nose and flat top produced a 40 plus coho day[8D].. that was fri. the biggest was a 20lb wild with plenty of 18's that were hatchery... it was awesome. damaged many spoons for sure.. my crew got sick on the saturday so in two hours of fishing flat top we still got into ten or so... NO SPRINGS... caught two srings at whittle stone for 6 hrs of trolling..boat is back at home in port moody so bring on the winter springs and fresh prawns;)

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

wheres rats nose and flat top?? or what is it near....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back