Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

Kelly, you must have the "lucky & skilled" friends, as I talked with a friend today who only had 2 small fish (a coho & 1 spring) after fishing last night & this morning around the Wall & Fleming. Well, that's fishing.

Ok? Just saw some nice fish come into the docks from poetts nook to the surf line yesterday. Sounded scratchy today however.

Heading out to the Nook this coming week, I was trolling plugs on the outside last year, But not great success, how fast should I be going...

Hey Kelly where did you get that green/glow biegh needle fish hootchie. The one with the dogfish on it. Cant seem to find it anywhere. You don't have a number do you?

Didn't get down until 10-tried Kirby,diplock pill ,swale-dead is too kind of a word-we managed 2 coho both released. Beautiful day-quit at 7 even had chovies die of old age-changed because they had been down so long without a hit!! I did hear that yesterday morning EARLY some guys did well off China creek. Tight Lines and good luck!!

Slow Fishing For August

Reporting from Barclay Sound area,

Fishing has been spotty on the inside, The ones being caught are with hearing or chovies, put in the time and you will grab a few fish during tide changes. As for the outside near "Rats Nose" and "7 Mile" you can't keep the Coho off, 50/50 hatchery/wild, the springs outside have been few and smaller. Lots of small halibut coming in from those areas aswell.

Good luck to all the local anglers!

Just back from 3 days fishing out of Bamfield. As has been mentioned, things were slow for us inside as well. Biggest we had on the inside was a 20 just west of Sanford on friday morning......120 feet. We also had fish at 3 mile.....not big. Best day we had was a guide day with Jeff......outside. Non stop action. Thanks for a great day Jeff !

Cloud

Just back from a week in Barkley Sound staying at the Nook and by the looks of things I think we did OK . As mentioned by the other guys fishing was spotty but we did manage 1 25lb and 1-15lb at Meers (caught on a white double skirt hoochie) at 66 feet, 2 from Yankee Bay 1-23lb and 1-22lb caught on a 639 plug (pin left in) at 70 feet, 2 from the Bam Wall 1-18lb and 1-10lb on the 639 plug at 70 feet. For us the coho outside at 7 mile was crazy but the ratio was about 75/25 wild to hatchery.

. Best day we had was a guide day with Jeff......outside. Non stop action. Thanks for a great day Jeff !
Cloud
Good on you for having a good day with Osoma Jeff.
Assuming he is the same guide Osama Bin Hopper (Jeff) my buddy used, you did will....Jeff took him outside and never got one decent size salmon.
That's fishin....

Assits has been quite good over the past 3 days, especially yesterday. Ive noticed most guys seem to not acknowledge the 1 over 1 under rule which started August 1st and will continue until Oct 15th... Conservation Guys.

Fogged in you are right that is fishing... Trust me when I say though Jeff (Osama) is a great guide and he will put you on the fish. It just so happens that the current fish on the west coast happen to be small 8- 12lbs with the odd 18-30 mixed in. You have to put your time in to find them.

I spent the week over in Bamfield and did ok. Moved around alot to find the fish but when you got on top of them there was action. Nothing Big for us in the salmon end of things. Caught some on the wall, flemming and some other slow inside spots. Big bank was filled with little fish and lots of Fog. Managed a 54lb hali at 7 mile Saturday.

All in all another perfect trip to the west coast.

Jeff and Felix thanks for everything. You guys rock.

Jeff let me know about September. PM me

I'll try and post some pics later today.

Good on you for having a good day with Osoma Jeff.
Assuming he is the same guide Osama Bin Hopper (Jeff) my buddy used, you did will....Jeff took him outside and never got one decent size salmon.
That's fishin....

LOL!!

What a stain. Another brilliant contribution by the sites newest disease.

If they are there, I'll gettem clown.

I bet every day rains tyees in your boat...

Thanks guys.

P.S. - I got one yesterday and there aint' been many getting got up here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back