Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

It's a bit slow but still some quality fish around.

d179e1a6-36aa-c991.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346188889.079853.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346188889.079853.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 78
well

on the West Coast for one last weekend of Halli , packin er all up , bringing the Striper home ,
think fishin will be better here in Van for the next month and a half lol,, ,
Salmon sounds a lill dismal right now on the wcvi , my gut tells me its the beginning of the end ,
Oh well , what a great July we had !

we will be there from the 5th ta the 9th , maybe well see a few of ya there...

gd luck to the tuna fleet , stay safe...

cheers ...

fd

well

on the West Coast for one last weekend of Halli , packin er all up , bringing the Striper home ,
think fishin will be better here in Van for the next month and a half lol,, ,
Salmon sounds a lill dismal right now on the wcvi , my gut tells me its the beginning of the end ,
Oh well , what a great July we had !

we will be there from the 5th ta the 9th , maybe well see a few of ya there...

gd luck to the tuna fleet , stay safe...

cheers ...

fd

I think you're right about the fishing being better in van for Sept. The fraser and cap runs will be in full swing a few weeks from now.

I don't think it's the beginning of the end for wcvi though. There will be the 500,000 american hatch jobs again next July! ;) I will be back to Bamfield and Ukee next season for sure.

Cheers,

Had a fun week of fishing Bamfield(18th to 25)
Less fish than the last season but we had it pretty easy the last few years.

Got em at the wall, Edward King and Fleming Is. Anchovies , green laser ace high fly and cut plug blue label herring worked for us.
Went outside last Thursday a little rough! Rats nose picked up
1 hali chicken And some 18 to 20 lbs chinook. silvers were there also not real big either. Did pickup hatchery ones. Went to 10 mile on the way back got 1 more halibut.
The big fish came from Eddy king.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346258601.932347.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346258637.253756.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346258668.683990.jpg

FD Felix sorry didn't find any rust aid to bring up.
See ya in 2013

Rum Chum

Nice report 264winmag. Good on ya for getting the young fella out there. I'm going to give it one last kick at the can this weekend.

later

fd.......................... ( my neighbors boat at Poett is Rhum Chum ! Stan Salmon , the original owner of the place !! )[/QUOTE]

Mike and Len were the original owners, ask Stan

If I remember correctly,the last time with a 1 foot low tide the trench running out was maybe 8 feet.Take it slow

Has fishing got any better? heading up again Friday

Fished yesterday, mainly lower Sound (Pill, Assists, etc.), landed a few quality Springs but makeral were HORRIBLE. One all almost every 10mins. Switched to bigger stuff by the end.

Anything happening up towards Bamfield?

Whats the minimum water I need to run down the river from the boat launch? I draw about 2 feet.
No worries...stay well left heading out. I've got a 25' sunbridge and have done it at negitive tides...you do run out of dock space and have to deal with a stronger river current at the ramp at low tide.

Words can't describe the great time we had in Bamfield this year.

Been going for over 20 years now and the fishing was tough this year, but fishing is never a guarantee, although having Jeff (osama) around always helps up the odds in our favor.

For anyone looking for a first class charter and accomidations, mills landing is the cream of the crop.

Thanks for everything Jeff. Looking forward to seeing you'all next year.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 149
Back