Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

I have seen only 5 or 6 tyees in the last two weeks here in Bamfield. Very scratchy inside with most boats getting skunked or 1 fish, those in the know are faring a little better but still scratching.

I've just been doing the big bank thing as its the only really consistent producer. Full limits on everything daily but mature springs are a grind even out there. This morning the coho were just stupid and got our springs to low 20s.

I have seen only 5 or 6 tyees in the last two weeks here in Bamfield. Very scratchy inside with most boats getting skunked or 1 fish, those in the know are faring a little better but still scratching.

I've just been doing the big bank thing as its the only really consistent producer. Full limits on everything daily but mature springs are a grind even out there. This morning the coho were just stupid and got our springs to low 20s.

Thanks for that Kelly, my buddy who lives in Bamfield said exactly the same thing, it's been very slow inside and just OK on the bank. What the heck?

Oh bummer my buddies have been at the nook all week, Washington boys in the little Gregor, hope they got some but doesn't sound good from the sounds of it. See in a few hours.

Just spent a couple of days out there fishing the inside. Pretty tough sledding. Picked up only 1 mature Spring (28) and a few other odds and ends. Mackrel made it really hard to fish in places where there were some decent springs coming in: The Wall, Kirby.

I've got the day off today, fished outside South Bank yesterday, the rest of my works been at the big bank.

Still a lot of small stuff with the occasional mature fish mixed in.

Was just speaking with Bobber John and he is at Cree right now watching Kelly put on a clinic on boating smileys. He's got nada though...

WEIRD YEAR

Had a decent derby last weekend inside.Boated 4 over twenty pound fish biggest just out of the $ !28.9 lbs few coho as well) and I don't even want to remember the ones we lost. Stick and stay and make it pay.Tougher fishing for sure work the gear pay attention to detail and roll them chovies.They are filtering through.

kronic

Some fish showed up inside today. Lots of spots producing in the morn. Was into 15+ springs to high 20s and saw lots of guys just killin it out there.
Of course they show up when I leave. Anywhere specifically? Catching on anything specific? Thanks for the info

Some fish showed up inside today. Lots of spots producing in the morn. Was into 15+ springs to high 20s and saw lots of guys just killin it out there.
Kelly, you must have the "lucky & skilled" friends, as I talked with a friend today who only had 2 small fish (a coho & 1 spring) after fishing last night & this morning around the Wall & Fleming. Well, that's fishing.

we did well yesterday got three in the boat 10-25-30 real early morning bite --pilchard spoon --white hootchie- 602 tubby did hear lots of peopleon the radio saying it was a scratch though --- alot of bait boiling in the area we fished

Back